• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tree shadows...grrrrr!

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
while our dev team is listening to things that they would see tweaked , twerked, and fixed....i just wanna throw tree shadows out there........they annoy the piss out of me. place a pretty apple tree on top of you castle and your walking through tree shadow on the 1st floor.....darkens everything, makes colors not match...then i either get annoyed and take the tree down or stop messing with the bottom floor........so tree shadows, its not major but its annoying....if ya get time toss it on the list please

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel your pain. I have two peach trees and two apple trees on my rooftop.

I love a nice garden on my large tower roof...but the shadows of the trees are soooo annoying..

Also have a trophy sticking out of the floor on my roof...
Trophy thats in my bedroom hanging on my fireplace...somehow pops up on my roof...eventhough i didn't raise it much...

I got two heart of the home fires...their chimneys sticking out...but not in a beautiful way...like half and half.
Managed to hide those a bit...

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
agree. i took down all the deeded trees i had on the roofs for this very reason. i hate the shadows they create on the lower floors.

for my rooftop garden i found a workaround by using rubble trees.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately they *had* the technology to fix this, but the CC is so old they lost it... Time to move to the better client ;-)
Exactly. Time to get over bias about how the sprites look and just move on so the game can move on.

If you need help I'm always willing to take you under wing so to speak and teach about the EC and how to use it and Pinco's UI.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately they *had* the technology to fix this, but the CC is so old they lost it... Time to move to the better client ;-)
We are using the better client. :)

If downgrading to the EC becomes the only way to play, UO is screwed and out of business.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Once again, a question about a problem in CC becomes an argument over clients ... give up arguing over it, folks - and I use EC :bdh:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a quality vs bells & whistles trade off, *shrugs*, some go one way, some go the other, some of each group believe the other group is completely daft for their choice. It's a situation we'll have until the end of time in Sosaria.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It's a quality vs bells & whistles trade off, *shrugs*, some go one way, some go the other, some of each group believe the other group is completely daft for their choice. It's a situation we'll have until the end of time in Sosaria.
Even with all the perks they keep throwing at the EC half the player base wants nothing to do with it lol Really no reason one couldn't throw the CC graphics over the EC client. Other than there's like 2 people that work on UO now.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember the 2D-Client of Baldur´s Gate and their spin-offs? Yummy! That looked fantastic - even 10 years ago or older...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for double posting... Imagine dungeons looking like this...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate neither nor. I just remember the fantastic 2d-RP-games from earlier times. But if you ask me, I can live with CC and tree shadows...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do remember how beautiful Balders Gate was. Loved that game though I have never completed it. Game is my nemisis and anymore I refuse to play it. First time I tried to play it the Hard drive on my PC crashed and burned. Second time I tried my daughter ran disk 5 over with the chair ending my progress. Third time I tried to play it the Hard Drive on my PC was fried by lightning.... (yes even with a surge protector).... Then I tried it again and this time on my phone.. phone died. So I have decided that I'm not meant to finish that game. I know I have it on Steam but I'm rather leery to download it again.