• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of The Fey is more like crap of the Fey. What's going in?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me elaborate, I have been doing the spawn for several days now. I get the message that I got a drop. Instead of a piece armor that says of the Fey I get a CRAPPY piece of armor with no tag or color.
Is this as intended? If so WHY?!?!? If I want junk armor I'd go play newbie and hunt in Brit cemetery. Also you cannot lore 1/2 the spawn in dungeon. Instead you "That is not an animal". Uh, What?
Please tell me what's going on. Is there a new cheat?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The drop you got was junk armor? Only way I know you could end up with junk armor you didn’t loot is if you looted a locked chest that had cursed items in it and died then resurrected.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm I hadn't died but I did loot a chest. Hadn't opened it. I don't know. This event is freakin' weird.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a locked chest on you and die, there is a high chance that a piece of loot will "fall" out of the chest. I am told this has gone on for a long time. I think it's stupid and should be fixed.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have a locked chest on you and die, there is a high chance that a piece of loot will "fall" out of the chest. I am told this has gone on for a long time. I think it's stupid and should be fixed.
thats correct. the item should be cursed.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For the record, any issues like this should probably be posted on the official forums since the Dev team doesn't check Stratics and you won't get an official answer of any kind here - only play opinions and possible trouble-shooting.

... ;) ... though some would argue that offers you a better chance at finding a solution than waiting for the Devs.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The chest theory and cursed item can be true but it's not the only way it happens. Go leave a char at the Doom Gauntlet for a few weeks and keep running it. Then you can get mad when you see that you got a doom drop, look for it and all you see is some piece of random junk item placed in your pack. I don't think I've ever taken a chest over to do the Gauntlet with me.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The chest theory and cursed item can be true but it's not the only way it happens. Go leave a char at the Doom Gauntlet for a few weeks and keep running it. Then you can get mad when you see that you got a doom drop, look for it and all you see is some piece of random junk item placed in your pack. I don't think I've ever taken a chest over to do the Gauntlet with me.
have had this happen before on a couple of different occasions.
I even had it happen on Origin when they were testing out the first dynamic spawn in the Orc Dungeon and I had a Dev right beside me when it happened, told him about it right then and there..... nothing.
It's been going on for years.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Cursed items will pop out of paragon chests when you die, it's just the nature of cursed items not being allowed inside a container.

The Doom Gauntlet has generic artifact loot in the loot table that you can get as a pack drop instead of one of the unique artifacts.

There's also the possibility of getting generic ML/SA pack drops from these event mobs as well. This happens when mobs are brought into these dynamic events from other sources. Saliva and Cu Sidhes in the champ spawn for example could reward you with random ML artifacts when you kill them.

Then there's the virtue artifact drops that can happen just by killing mobs within anti-virtue dungeons.

I've done every treasures event (even the Orc test event) and I've never seen an unlabeled treasures drop in my pack that wasn't explained by one of these reasons above.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just like we got ML armor pieces from the spawn event.

But with no picture of the item. We can only speculate.