• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure hunting ideas ....

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did some lockpick trainings and was rethinking again on my wannabe treasure hunters template. Along with that came the idea of including spellweaving to him ....
Basicly he is planned as a bard t-hunter. Base template is:
- 110 magery
- 110 medi
- 120 music
- 120 peace
- 100 lp
- 100 cartho
660 skillpoints used this far. That means I can include at least on other skill at max 120 when throwing in some items with skills on it. Doing the classic way, I wanted to go for provo but I wondered about spellweaving.
As for efficiency ... I can log a second account in and get my tamer to help my t-hunter with spawn. That one is in a similar situation ... I could include spellweaving and throwing out eval.
Has anyone tried, if you can loot the chest while beeing under etheral voyage? Or as an alternative using honor instead? (Thought building up honor would be done better with a tamer-t-hunter.) Not to be greedy, but especially if you can do, I would like to see all chest guardians despawn on decay/erasing of left treasure chests.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many people use to use honor when lvl 6 maps first came out. They would honor themselves grab the gold, regs and marty and then walk away and leave the baddies.

This upset many players especially those with island properties. They would recall in to find an AW and a couple blood els sitting at their front door.

Personally I have never had a problem with T-Hunters doing this, but I am in the minority. There are many ways to play a T-hunter!

As far as your template...try this
115 magery ( 100 + TOK)
120 music
120 provo
120 disco
120 peace
100 lp/ cart
what ever is left in med +other MR pieces

You can easily drop the music skills with talisman and jewels.
This is a deadly template allowing you to solo even the toughest maps and spawns.

100 peace is all that is required for 100% chance for area peace. But 120 is handy to have if you can fit it. That is your safety net to bail if things don't go well..

Provo and disco the Guardian spawn. When they are gone and solo monsters pop cast EVs and disco the monster.

If you make sure you only start with tattered maps, you can decode all your maps and toss them in a chest. Then stone off cart and stone on LP. Then that character can go dig all those maps. This allows you to free up 100 points on tight templates.

good luck!