• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunting contest

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not many people might know about this so I guess we should announce it here: Who do you think should represent Europa in the upcoming multi-shard Treasure Hunting contest? I know T Hunter was quite excited about this, so I definitely think he should be involved. Do you know any other good treasure hunters?

UO Forums thread

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not many people might know about this so I guess we should announce it here: Who do you think should represent Europa in the upcoming multi-shard Treasure Hunting contest? I know T Hunter was quite excited about this, so I definitely think he should be involved. Do you know any other good treasure hunters?

UO Forums thread
I think that, who ever wants to take part, we should have a few practice runs to see who really can hunt with maxim Europa Efficiency! Let's show those other chest-pinchers how it should be done! (I'd perhaps be interested in getting involved, but would happily cheer on the best and most grab-tastic!)

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that, who ever wants to take part, we should have a few practice runs to see who really can hunt with maxim Europa Efficiency! Let's show those other chest-pinchers how it should be done! (I'd perhaps be interested in getting involved, but would happily cheer on the best and most grab-tastic!)
You only need one player to locate and recover the chest, others should be very good pvmers. A side note: you can copy your stable, your backpack, your bank box and your equipment to TC1. You can also set your skills there freely.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't we need a few interested teams to compete against each other to see who will represent Europa?

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Don't we need a few interested teams to compete against each other to see who will represent Europa?
Absolutely, I'll post the plan incase anyone missed the meeting or didn't hear it over the crowd.

If you wish to represent Europa put your name in a book as well as your profession (Mage, Treasure Hunter etc) and post it into the mail box at the Wedding House (next door to the EM Hall in Britain). If you have a team of more than one, post all your team members names into one book and post that.

Treasure hunters will need GM lockpicking and and be able to open level 7 chests, Teams of 5 will be made with 1 treasure hunter in each.

The deadline for submitting your name in a book is Friday 27th July.

On Sunday the 29th July at 8pm UK Time at the Nujelm Chessboard there will be the round where all the teams who applied will compete against each other and a winning team will be found, who will go on to represent Europa on Test Center at a future date.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is tonight!

Pop by the EM Hall at 8pm UK and enter the gate to Nujelm, We've setup an area for spectators to watch and cheer on your favourite team. A huge thank you to everyone who submitted an entry to be on a team, We hope to make up to four teams tonight.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how did this go ? And more importantly, who won and will represent Europa vs other shards?

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Indeed, ELV won and will represent Europa. Quite who we'll be up against is unknown yet, Should find out in the next few days.

L

limey

UO Forums thread
I know thg guild was there and chests were planted incorrectly against them,

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know thg guild was there and chests were planted incorrectly against them,
This isn't true. All the maps were spawned by myself and Emile as completely random maps, The treasure hunter would have saw that as they wouldn't have been decoded - We had no idea where they were.