• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunter

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, I believe there have been some changes in the mechanics of the treasure hunter, and I need confirmation.
first: Two years when I used my treasure hunter; to decipher a treasure map all I needed was to use the cartographer's ability only to decipher the map and I could store mapper ability in a soulstone.
I did this as I always did, but now I remove the ability of cartographer, I lose the ability to read a map that the moments I had deciphered. :wall:
Second: the magic "Energy vortex" ( magery hability)does not attack an ogre lord...nor the colossus (mysticim hability).
Is this a bug, or was there any change in the mechanics of the treasure hunter?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That change was made a while back, it was in line with the change to losing your ability to stay in form when your necromancy dropped lower than the requirements. as far as the ogrelords, was the character in question in factions and Minax? friend of mine has that problem with them too, seems he is permanently in factions with Ogrelords as allies.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Market wise... a change not horribly long ago, paragon chests give 6 different land maps, at random now.

Maps always sold fairly well before, but now they are cleared out by single shoppers. At least it seams that way.

I hope to stock anything that will sell... makes more shopping traffic.. and makes people happy. :)

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maps always sold fairly well before, but now they are cleared out by single shoppers.
I guess its time to unload the 350+ fel lvl 6's and over 1k other maps! Thanks to work I can collect maps 12 hrs a day and get paid :p

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess its time to unload the 350+ fel lvl 6's and over 1k other maps! Thanks to work I can collect maps 12 hrs a day and get paid :p
Depending on the shard... traffic... price... you could very well specialize in only maps.

BUT... dont forget. Those building skill cant start with 6's. :)

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That change was made a while back, it was in line with the change to losing your ability to stay in form when your necromancy dropped lower than the requirements. as far as the ogrelords, was the character in question in factions and Minax? friend of mine has that problem with them too, seems he is permanently in factions with Ogrelords as allies.
No, is one an ogre lord guardian.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you, but it is necessary to change some items that are no longer useful for anything, besides gaining points in the "summer cleaning"

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know now, I thought that a treasure hunter with magical ability was no longer viable; it may now be necessary to use a thief with a treasure hunter.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello, I believe there have been some changes in the mechanics of the treasure hunter, and I need confirmation.
Second: the magic "Energy vortex" ( magery hability)does not attack an ogre lord...nor the colossus (mysticim hability).
Is this a bug, or was there any change in the mechanics of the treasure hunter?
I just did a bunch of maps last night and the rising colossus was killing ogre lords as normal for me

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
We used to have a mage/thief that was a t hunter, somewhere around Pub 22 I think it was we quit with that and went Tamer/t hunter

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did a bunch of maps last night and the rising colossus was killing ogre lords as normal for me
Well it is, well for me the ogre lords guardians, the rising colossus ignores him, I am bound to use magic to kill him