• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunter Template

S

Solikos

After reading several Treasure Hunter guides, I think a Bard Treasure Hunter sounds pretty good. However, I've never played a Bard, nor a treasure hunter, so it seems like a good way to kill two birds with one stone (or two monsters with one song!).

So I am considering the following template:

GM Cartography
GM Lock Pick
GM Mining (Ease & Income)
50 Magery (Telekinsis & Recall)
50 Tinkering (Lockpicks & Shovels)
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace (?)

Are there any skills that I might consider swapping out for this build?

Thanks,

~ Solikos

K

K'torr

You really don't need Mining, unless you are going to Mine ingots. And you'll get more from T-maps than Mining.
You also don't need Tinkering. You will only need 1 Shovel to dig up every map you get, and Lockpicks are cheep enough.

I'd bump up the bard skills a bit, maybe even pick up Disco, and put the rest into Mage.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would drop 50 tinkering since you really need not have to be able to make your own shovels and picks, they can be bought easily. I would take that and put it towards something else. Gm mining is no need as well unless you plan on looking for your t-chest on your own without using websites like stratics to find the exact coordinates. I would instead suggest getting gm spellweaving and meditation and also drop 50 magery. With spellweaving you can turn some of the creatures to your command, cast a nice spell that keeps healing you in times of need, and even cast the death spell on a low health creature to kill it. Best of all, that spell that can bring you back to life if you die, and in the middle of nowhere, it can be VERY helpfull.
You can get by with simply recall scrolls or just enough chivarly to cast journey, which is, I think, around 25-30. But again, recal scrolls can be enough. I also think that you dont need alot of magery to cast telekinesis.

GM Cartography
GM Lock Pick
GM Spellweaving
GM Meditation
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace
20 or so Chivarly to cast sacred journey

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really don't need Mining, unless you are going to Mine ingots. And you'll get more from T-maps than Mining.
You also don't need Tinkering. You will only need 1 Shovel to dig up every map you get, and Lockpicks are cheep enough.

I'd bump up the bard skills a bit, maybe even pick up Disco, and put the rest into Mage.
With tinkering not needed I agree.
But mining is neat, since it increases the range from the spot, where the chest finally comes up. I myself did hate to have searching for the exact point without mining.
If GM on the bard skills is enough with some of the higher level monsters, I'm not sure about.

But since I did the last T-Map long time ago due to loot not interesting enough ...

R

Righteous

After reading several Treasure Hunter guides, I think a Bard Treasure Hunter sounds pretty good. However, I've never played a Bard, nor a treasure hunter, so it seems like a good way to kill two birds with one stone (or two monsters with one song!).

GM Cartography
GM Lock Pick
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace (?)

Thanks,

~ Solikos
Mine is close to that but I have higher magery so I can take out the last monster standing after provoing everything on each other and the ocassional monster that will pop up while you are pulling items from the chest. Also the higher your mining skill the farther away you can be from the actual chest location. I dont have Tinkering I just bring 50 or 60 lockpicks and a sholve. As for the remaining points I put it into hiding so I can hide from the initial rush of monsters or lead off the anoying monsters that just wont stay provoked.

Righteous

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM Cartography
GM Lock Pick
GM Magery
GM Meditation
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace

You will want music and provo to be your 120's

I agree with whoever said mining is nice to have. It's not a must but you don't have to be on the exact spot. It's more of a luxury but so is med if you have enough regen and a char that isn't dependent on it.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always enjoyed Treasure Hunting and have built and played at least 6 different T-Hunters over the years. By Far, my favorite Template was:

100 Lockpicking
100 Cartopgraphy
100 Magery
100 Meditation
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet

I usually used a Cu and could easily solo LvL 6 maps.

M

mmmbeer

GM Cartography
GM Lock Pick
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace (?)

Thanks,

~ Solikos
my thunter is ..

100 cartography/lockpicking/peacemake
120 provoke/music
110 magery
70 points in anything else

A

Ash

I hung up my bard/t-hunter because 115 music/provo wasn't enough to handle the ancient wyrms on lvl 6 maps since they beefed them up a while back. Last map i did 2 ancients and 2 balrons spawned and i collected an unhealthy stack of death robes. 120 music/provo may work out better, but think when i re-vampe my t-hunter he is becoming a tamer/hunter.

J

Joyous2K

I hung up my bard/t-hunter because 115 music/provo wasn't enough to handle the ancient wyrms on lvl 6 maps since they beefed them up a while back. Last map i did 2 ancients and 2 balrons spawned and i collected an unhealthy stack of death robes. 120 music/provo may work out better, but think when i re-vampe my t-hunter he is becoming a tamer/hunter.
What is a tamer/thunter skills?

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always enjoyed Treasure Hunting and have built and played at least 6 different T-Hunters over the years. By Far, my favorite Template was:

100 Lockpicking
100 Cartopgraphy
100 Magery
100 Meditation
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet

I usually used a Cu and could easily solo LvL 6 maps.

That is my t-hunter template it is a very good template to use.I also could solo lvl 6 maps. I highly recomend this template.

Z

Zodiac19

Here's my t-hunter, I solo L6 maps fairly easy

Taming 90 enhanced to 110
Lore 120
Vet 110
Magery 99 enhanced to 110
EI 100 enhanced to 110
Med 100
LP and cart 100 swap as needed

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Interestingly enough I just use:
120 music/peacing
GM lockpicking and cartography
GM magery
and some med.
I think I have GM eval too....

Anyway works just fine I just drag one creature at a time peace the living tar out of it and summon up a few earth eles to beat it down.... takes me awhile but it can be done..... No provo needed. Area peace works fair on the Ancient... but not for more than a second or two. Spellweaving might be nice... but not necessary.

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Jack-of-All-Trades bonus gives you 20 mining if you are human. I find this is enough to get by with. Especially with the stratics map guide and a sextant. Sextants are also very cheap

Magery is your friend since if you are fast, you can usually get a screen away after the stuff spawns, but you'll then want to heal. EVs also are very helpful for doing lesser maps. I personally like killing things with peacemaking and EVs, though it will be harder with harder maps (level 6). If you are going to bring a group, a gate spell is very nice. I also tend to mark rune around harder chests so I can get back easily if I die and res at a random healer.

A possible template:

GM Cartography
GM Lock Pick
GM Magery
GM Meditation
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace

You could remove the meditation for discord, higher peace/provo/magery, or any other skill.

L

Lord Drakelord

Animal Lore 110.0 100.0 +( 10.0)
Animal Taming 110.0 105.0 +( 5.0)
Veterinary 110.0 110.0
Magery 105.0 105.0
Cartography 100.0 100.0
Lockpicking 100.0 100.0
Meditation 100.0 100.0

Str 116 116
Dex 34 34
Int 120 120
Current template tamer t hunter. Favor pet is the Greater Dragon.

G

galefan2004

Hands down, after the ancient wyrm buff, taming treasure hunters are the only ones worth making.

110 Taming
110 Lore
110 Vet
110 Magery
100 Cart
100 Lockpicking
60-80 Available Points (Chivalry, Meditation, and Eval as options)

However, unless they do something to make t-hunting worthwile in the future...there is currently NO reason to play a treasure hunter.

statman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you use a decoded map, does your thunter still need to have cart to dig up a chest?

I have a GM cart on 1 acct and GM lockpick on a different acct. Dont want to have to retrain

S

Solikos

Thanks for the help here guys. In the end it's a tough call. I've already rolled a Tamer/Mage (and getting taming up once is painful enough). So in that regard I suppose I am somewhat bias towards Barding (I like trying new things).

So for the time being, I'll let my Treasure Hunter buddy take care of the Logistics, where I can toss in my Tamer/Mage muscle to do the heavy lifting.

:stir: :gun:

~ Solikos