• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Treasure hunter template

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm doing many treasure hunts right now cuz i have loads of lv6 and 7 maps that want to be completed.

I wanted to share my template because with this i can finish those maps solo really fast. Maybe some of you might want to try it out

Template is:
Swords 120
Chivalry 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 115
Parrying 60
Lockpicking 100
Mining 85 (100)

Gear is my bushido paladin gear, already posted in the warrior forum (bushido paladin template and gear)
http://stratics.com/community/threads/bushido-paladin-gear-updated.310009/

Step one: finding the treasure
I equip ringmail gloves of mining and jacobs pickaxe.
Finding the location goes very fast.

Step two: doing the spawm
Doing malas spawns i usually kill the spawn with a double axe and whirlwind. No need running.
Felucca and trammel i sort out greater dragons frost dragons and ancient wyrms. Those i kill with a dragon slayer broadsword

For 1 lv 6 map i need abou 5 - 6 minutes, lv 7 a bit more.

Last edited:

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Step one: finding the treasure
I equip ringmail gloves of mining and jacobs pickaxe.
Finding the location goes very fast.
UOWiki tells me that with Jacob's Pickaxe equipped you won't push Mining over the 100 point cap with mining gloves equipped. Is this true for you, you lose +5 mining?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are right with mining gloves and the pickaxe you cant push mining over 100 points.

But this doesnt matter. With the template above i have 85 base skill + 10 jacobs axe + 5 ringmail gloves = 100 straight

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't see the need for mining at all, especially if you use the EC. If you have Davey Jones Locker, then it gives you the coordinates as well.

It rarely takes me more than a minute or so to find the correct spot. I recall a few screen away as the guardians spawn so I don't have to worry about them. I don't use Davey Jones Locker because I like actually looking for them. I use the Chessy Maps and Runebooks to get me close to the area and then hunt it down.

If you are on Chessy or Atlantic, you can use the runebooks that go with these maps http://uo2.stratics.com/shard-pages/chesapeake-shard-directory/csd-treasure-maps

Goodman's Rune Library of Atlantic has a set, HJ Rune Library and the soon to be opened Lost Runes Library of Chessy.

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't you need cartography to dig up the chest?

From UOguide: "A map may decoded by another person, but the person digging up the map must still have the minimum required Cartography skill for the level of treasure map."

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't you need cartography to dig up the chest?

From UOguide: "A map may decoded by another person, but the person digging up the map must still have the minimum required Cartography skill for the level of treasure map."
You only need Cartography to decode the map. So you can decode the map then stone off Cart for the actual dig.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mysticism
Focus
Magery
Meditation
Cartography
Lockpicking
81 mining (with Jacobs)

He's a pure treasure hunter. I don't like the idea of swapping or stoning skills off. I want my characters to have a purpose. I enjoy having mining even though I use EC and Davies Locker.

I drop a RC, dig the chest, and cast invisibility. Some fights last longer with constant dispels. I've considered dropping meditation for Spellweaving but really enjoy having the crazy amount of mana regen. Any input on this?

Also not doing any chests until the new loot system is released.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mysticism
Focus
Magery
Meditation
Cartography
Lockpicking
81 mining (with Jacobs)

He's a pure treasure hunter. I don't like the idea of swapping or stoning skills off. I want my characters to have a purpose. I enjoy having mining even though I use EC and Davies Locker.

I drop a RC, dig the chest, and cast invisibility. Some fights last longer with constant dispels. I've considered dropping meditation for Spellweaving but really enjoy having the crazy amount of mana regen. Any input on this?

That's pretty much the template I have. I can do up to level 6 anywhere and level 7 in Malas, Ter Mur or Tokuno. Can't manage Ilsh, Tram or Fel 7s without some help. The mobs just dispel way too much.

Last edited:

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's pretty much the template I have. I can do up to level 6 anywhere and level 7 in Malas, Ter Mur or Tokuno. Can't manage Ilsh, Tram or Fel 7s without some help. The mobs just dispel way too much.
Tram/Fel aren't too bad for 7's, they can be time consuming if you get multiple frost and greater dragons (i always seem to pull 6 Frost's when I only have a short amount of time). The cold drakes are annoying with their area cold removing your invis as well but all in all, once you get rid of the initial spawn it's no worse than a 6.
Now Ilsh....that's a whole other ball of the-seventh-ring-of-hell with the random paragon. Only tried one solo, pulled a para-frost on the main spawn (I seem to remember something else being gold but who knows...) Died 3 times pretty fast, couldnt cast fast enough to keep up with the gold lightning bolt of dragon that kept pouncing on me.
Personally I dislike the Malas maps, not because it's difficult to kill but because of those damn Devourerers and their damn animate corpse and those stupid RC's ignoring them! And the spawn loot sucks as well (I'm not a basillionaire, I still need all the gold and gems and such)
I have pretty much the same template as well, though I stone Cart and Mining back and forth just for the quickness of finding the chests, 120 mage, eval, med, myst. GM LP, Cart/Mining. 50ish in Focus, Jeweleld up myst from 90.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tram/Fel aren't too bad for 7's, they can be time consuming if you get multiple frost and greater dragons (i always seem to pull 6 Frost's when I only have a short amount of time). The cold drakes are annoying with their area cold removing your invis as well but all in all, once you get rid of the initial spawn it's no worse than a 6.
Now Ilsh....that's a whole other ball of the-seventh-ring-of-hell with the random paragon. Only tried one solo, pulled a para-frost on the main spawn (I seem to remember something else being gold but who knows...) Died 3 times pretty fast, couldnt cast fast enough to keep up with the gold lightning bolt of dragon that kept pouncing on me.
Personally I dislike the Malas maps, not because it's difficult to kill but because of those damn Devourerers and their damn animate corpse and those stupid RC's ignoring them! And the spawn loot sucks as well (I'm not a basillionaire, I still need all the gold and gems and such)
I have pretty much the same template as well, though I stone Cart and Mining back and forth just for the quickness of finding the chests, 120 mage, eval, med, myst. GM LP, Cart/Mining. 50ish in Focus, Jeweleld up myst from 90.
Spawn on level 7 Ilsh maps is Exodus Minion, Gargoyle Destroyer, Titan, Renegade Changeling, Enslaved Satyr
The renegade changeling is the one I can't handle
Malas I don't worry about. The RC takes out the devourers, when that's clear I cast an earth elemental for the summons.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spawn on level 7 Ilsh maps is Exodus Minion, Gargoyle Destroyer, Titan, Renegade Changeling, Enslaved Satyr
The renegade changeling is the one I can't handle
Malas I don't worry about. The RC takes out the devourers, when that's clear I cast an earth elemental for the summons.
Now I'm confused, I could have almost swore I had to deal with a para-frost dragon but now I'm not so sure. I even remember where I dug it up, where I died and where I kept getting stuck trying to run away (it was a ratman fort and I'd get stuck on a pile of trash, I could probably even find it again if I looked). Not to hijack the op's topic, but did the spawn in Ilsh change from when then introduced the global tmaps or is my memory that distorted?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mysticism
Focus
Magery
Meditation
Cartography
Lockpicking
81 mining (with Jacobs)

That is pretty much my template, except with 110 spellweaving instead of meditation.
Spell weaving helps a lot with the dispelling and with finishing off those pesky greater dragons, ancient wyrms and frost wyrms. But you need a level 6 focus on you for that.

And I don't bother with Ish and Tokuno maps. They risk/reward is much lower when compared to tram/fel/ter-mur/malas maps.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anything changed about being able to stone Carto on and off? I will decode some maps and stone off carto. But when I try to read the 6 and 7 level maps I get a message saying I can't decode. Thanks

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But when I try to read the 6 and 7 level maps I get a message saying I can't decode.
That happens more now than it did before. I am not sure why but it does. It has nothing to do with stoning cart on and off.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You don't, just keep trying and it will eventually decide the map. Some of the level 7's took me 5-8 tries to decode it. Lock picking is similar now. I have failed 5-10 times before picking it at GM LP.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I mean after I stone off carto. I decode the map then stone off carto. Then I can't read the map to dig like before

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Once the map is decoded, you should be able to use it, even if you no longer have carto on.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe this happens when you were not the first person to ever decode the map.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's my problem. I read the map and stone off carto. I then go to dig and it won't let me. I'm the only person reading the map too. This only happens on 6 and 7 level.