• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Travesty

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK, what the heck did the devs do to her?
First, it is nigh impossible to hit her while she isn't transformed. It is as if she has 300+ wrestling while in her normal form.

Second, once she got to 32% of life, I spent 15 minutes hitting her without her HP dropping a sliver and finally gave up because that was going nowhere.
There is something seriously broken going on there.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You know... I feel that the answer for this shouldn't have been "because she has 319 wrestling".
upload_2018-2-11_20-25-32.png

But here we are.
Would any of the devs be kind enough to explain this *expletive*?

@Kyronix @Bleak

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Today in Shame level 2, I took a in training pet and sicced it on a water elemental that
was in the way, thinking it would be vanquished easily. This was not the case, took
me at 120 eval and 101 sdi several shots of spells to kill it. Halfway thru lored it and
saw 42 hpr and 650ish hitpoints.

The mobs have been enhanced, no doubt.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I noticed that Barracoon seemeth to have been ... more skillful at combat ... too.)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
(I noticed that Barracoon seemeth to have been ... more skillful at combat ... too.)
All the classic champs and ML peerless had their wrestling improved to 130 with the release of Time of Legends.
Travesty had 130 wrestling, but it seems they messed something BADLY at the last Halloween event because now Travesty has the same wrestling skill of a non-paragon nightmare fairy...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So to relate to another thread, would these same "features" pass the test phase on a player ran free shard or would quality control spot the issue due to time played in game and feedback taken by the collective dev team?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I reported this bug to the dev team and I hope it will be fixed and we will be able to fight Travesty again.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many of you were in the party? all 10 of you could no kill it?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because please do not tell me that you submitted a bug report because you couldn't solo a boss that is meant for 10 people.
:facepalm:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no idea if Zath was with a team or alone, but I will say... would not surprise me at all if Zath solo'd Travesty regularly

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh. 300 combat skill would imply, if old math still works, 120 attack and 45 HCI would yield a hit rate of 31% rounded down, except that 120 parry means Travesty also has a 35% chance to block attacks, assuming it uses the shield formula...I'm unsure, how parry works for monsters who don't have weapons or shields? But if that is the math, that's like a 20% chance to hit Travesty...

I guess only real thing to do in that situation is use pets, hope for armor ignore hits to land, and use invis/pots/peace to avoid dying. How lame.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
no idea if Zath was with a team or alone, but I will say... would not surprise me at all if Zath solo'd Travesty regularly
I soloed her a few times before the Halloween event last year and had no problem killing her.
This time it took me 40 minutes to bring her down to 32% life and then I poked her with a sharp stick or with a pointy stick for 15 minutes without her HP dropping at all. And I was missing far more often too.
Something is way off with her.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This soundeth like a challenge for the Weenie Crew. Let us see if I can remember how to get the keys.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weenie crew prevailed. We had four people, one goblin, three greater dragons, one cu sidhe, and a goat.
The Travesty spent almost all of its time mimicking one of the people or goblin.
Our tactics include using poison fields and fire fields to dispel the mirror images.

I did not get the crimson cincture.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wy bother connecting to the internet if you're going to solo everything?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is just stupid that a boss like this has higher wrestling than everything else in the game when she used to have an average of 107 and then 130 after Time of Legends.
Can't do it solo with a dexxer anymore? Fine, I will take my dexxer, two tamers and a bard with provo songs without discord on my own next time. Still doing it all by myself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is just stupid that a boss like this has higher wrestling than everything else in the game when she used to have an average of 107 and then 130 after Time of Legends.
Can't do it solo with a dexxer anymore? Fine, I will take my dexxer, two tamers and a bard with provo songs without discord on my own next time. Still doing it all by myself.
Ya I wondered why you were playing without your team.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the powers to be insist on making critters more difficult, then the least they can do is make the loot worth it. As it stands now there are only 3-4 mobs that drop decent loot. That is not how it should be.
Shhhhh! Soon those 3-4 mobs will all have 600 wrestling.....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Weenie crew prevailed. We had four people, one goblin, three greater dragons, one cu sidhe, and a goat.
The Travesty spent almost all of its time mimicking one of the people or goblin.
Our tactics include using poison fields and fire fields to dispel the mirror images.

I did not get the crimson cincture.
It takes me an average of 200 Dreadhorn kills to get a crimson cincture, so this doesn't surprise me.
I am just hoping the RNG will be more kind to me with mark of travesty drops.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
( Re tangle and crimson cincture: One day someone told me to forget* those and get the Blackthorn Crest equivalents. I am now known for "farming" the Blackthorn basement.)

*actual word used was "pancake**"
**I wish I had some maple syrup. Real maple syrup, very slightly caramelized.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, the blackthorn equivalents are pretty easy to get since soloing the captains is just entirely too easy.
When I really need one, I just go there kill them for some 6 hours during a weekend and bamf, I have 100 minax arties for one.

But I like to kill Dreadhorn because he reminds of Swift Wind from She-Ra (I HATE that stupid horse) and to feel the accomplishment of beating the RNG and actually getting a real one.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Every monster in the game that had over GM wrestling got parry added to its skills due to the taming patch over a year ago. It was mentioned directly to the devs during the testing on TC, but like the usual lazy dev team they are it was left as is. I did travesty like a month or so ago and it took a friend and I like 30-45 mins to kill it. Remember the Nightmare Fairy during the event, it was based off of travesty. LOLOL

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If the powers to be insist on making critters more difficult, then the least they can do is make the loot worth it. As it stands now there are only 3-4 mobs that drop decent loot. That is not how it should be.
I woulnd't mind seeing all the bosses being buffed up like this if the loot was bumped up.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I woulnd't mind seeing all the bosses being buffed up like this if the loot was bumped up.
Ill one up ya and say that I would be ok with them upgrading some of the overland critters loot and abillity. A small part of me cries everytime I stare at a pile of AW corpses. I remember when it was a guild effort to take one down. Now the toughest part is waiting for them to respawn. :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Consider that there has always been an odd tendency for bosses to rarely be boosted.

There are times when an Ilshenar champ boss or peerless on any facet seems to be several times greater than normal - almost as if paragon, in some cases. When it happens, since most bosses start out as ???? HP, the only clue might be a bump in skills (And if the boss is human-ish, lore can't even be used to check that).

Travesty was infamous for that, even 10 years ago on Lake Austin (and that's not counting the Semidar that was on crank, one-shotting everyone and running across the screen at Humilty faster than a mount - or the Rikktor at Valor 5 years later that couldn't be taken below 90% in a 5 hour fight (against a group that typically took 20 minutes to do an Ilshenar Rikktor down once he popped up) and chased the party across the bridge)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, killed her 3 times this weekend with my team. She always got 319.8 wrestling.
Takes between 15 to 18 minutes to kill her off with a dragoon macer, a tamer and two bards. I guess I will replace the tamer with a spellweaver tamer to try to speed up the process.