• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trapped boxes

D

DuHast

im pretty sure im not alone here .. but then again i maybe...

Im thinking something has to be done about them , I mean someone with 0 resist and a low lvl trapped box or 2 can run through a perfect 120/120 field set up like it isnt even there .
im not suggesting removal of the boxes i think for accasional use like if 2 players are trying to para gank you it does give you that lil time to continue runnin , but how about a timer or even that they have to be reset after use .or even make the minium damage slightly higher .

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that something needs to be done. But the problem also exists in para-ganking. You know, para combined with the x-field preventing the player from even a chance to get away. Also the problem with evil omen + paralyze. I am thinking that, instead of a timer, how about a significant damage increase if it is used more than once within a time period each time?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly I think the para gank is lame... can't straight up fight? The trapped chest is nice... but being elven it's just about useless.... 9 times out of 10 an elf detects the trap and doesn't open the chest anyway..... but the time I actually succeed typicaly I'm either dead, nearly dead or the spell wore off..... Kinda bogus...

Somwhat like having 120 stealth and GM hidding but anyone just using the 20 free points of detect hidden and tracking can find and reveal me.... totally lame. Also any enemy within 4 tiles automaticly reveals me without any skill in detect.... how fair is that?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I think the para gank is lame... can't straight up fight?
It is funny you say that because "para-ganking" is used to stop people from running away from a fight. If the person would not run away then you don't need to do it.

E

Elbryan Uthador

It is funny you say that because "para-ganking" is used to stop people from running away from a fight. If the person would not run away then you don't need to do it.

And ganking implied #'s > 1. So running away in that situation is more of a tactical move than just running away. Not everyone plays in their shards zerg guild.

L

Lord Richard

Trapped boxes worked as intended...leave well enough alone....geese.

Or, just don't allow field spells to work in Fel on PC's.:cursing:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
9 out of 10 times when I've had a para gank pulled on me I was ALONE facing more than one opponent and NOT running away..... appearently the enemy is afraid of me...... OR they can't fight.... At any rate I think the Para gank is a lame tactic.....

If you don't want them to run away dismount them.... Oh wait....... in order to do that you have to be dismounted too.....such a shame. Typically I'm even dismounted myself..... since I'm a stealth archer .... dismount is my job... and I do it oooh so well... Perhaps thats why they fear me.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And ganking implied #'s > 1. So running away in that situation is more of a tactical move than just running away.
People will run away even if it is one on one and they start losing. If someone is going to run away then I am going to try paralyze and x-field. If you can't get out of the paralyze fast enough, oh well.

MalagAste said:
9 out of 10 times when I've had a para gank pulled on me I was ALONE facing more than one opponent and NOT running away
Well you must be the exception because I can't recall a single person I have fought in a long time that didn't run away instantly or when they were about to die. In fact some people just keep running off, healing, coming back dozens of times. They are just waiting for that one time I mess up when if they just stood in range long enough they would be dead every time. Running away is such a lame tactic and paralyze is how you can deal with it sometimes.

D

DuHast

to some guilds this is a tactic and they use it reguardless someone runs or not
and me personally when i run up on 3-4 enemy i ussually turn around or run though so i guess im chicken sht ...

1v1 ill stand my ground , but living is the name of the game so if im about to die im not goin to stand still ..

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day. :D
You mean fight 5 seconds later because that is all they do. Run up, attack, fail, run away, repeat.

Actually now I do recall a fight within the past week or so in Serpant's Hold. I let some guy dump on me for about 5 minutes. I don't move around much at all, just when he starts trying to harm. Finally he is out of mana so I start casting. Guess what? He keeps running off screen to heal. I had him within kill shot range so many times but he would keep running off, healing, coming back to attack. I gave him the courtesy of standing there while he gave it his best shot.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, whether you like it or not, there are people who para-gank and x-field people who are not even running away. You can deny it all you want but it is true. In that sense trapped boxes are necessary to avoid those x-fielding players. This thread is not about whether or not running away is fair or not in pvp. Not everyone who gets para-ganked or x-field is running away from a fair fight or not, it is ridiculous to make such a fast assumption that everyone running away is avoiding a fair fight.
Then again, I do see a group of pvpers who are trying to gank one person by trying to x-field them over and over, but maybe hes just being a coward for trying to get away from a 1-5 gank, aye? :lol:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trapped boxes need to be removed.

The Resist spell skill deduction of the evil omen spell needs to be removed.

Then people might actually be inclined to spend some skill points on resist spells instead of devoting their 700 skill points on all offensive skills.