• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transmogrification Potion NOT Completely Fixed

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Parrot.JPG

So, it lost the "Parrot" out of the name. So much for the 'fix.' I guess I should have known.....

If only there was some mechanism in place to test new content before it is released, removed and rereleased......

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The name of the source transfers to new item you are lucky you got a name. It is supposed to be like this:

1600317208006.png

Thats what happens when you put Blackthorn arties on a Parrot Someone elses did it before:

1600318147065.png

Least those have a name.

Last edited:

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
Why not simply add a (Transmog) tag that way players don't get more confused when they see a parrot named Hawkwinds robe. Some context.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It probably was intended to show what the item is. 2 years from now a player will see an antique wedding dress with Intel +5 and HPI 3. He will wonder why none of the ones he fishes up has stats.

IMO it is good to transfer the name of the source item to the target.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am not upset about the name of the original item, it would have just been nice to have it say "The Lusty Wench's Parrot Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn." The omission of what the item actually is (A Parrot) is what is upsetting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not upset about the name of the original item, it would have just been nice to have it say "The Lusty Wench's Parrot Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn." The omission of what the item actually is (A Parrot) is what is upsetting.
It was not designed to keep the name of the destination item. You are lucky the blackthorn items make your toons name.
Was brought up in testing, Devs said no parrot 4 U.

But this could lead to interesting item names. Put that Parrot on a robe or dress and maybe you get to keep your name.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And just so you know, if you purchase a parrot because of the name on it...
when you use the potion, it changes the parrots name to the person who transmoged the parrot.

i did a char copy to TC to see how it would work & if i would like it.

I like the end results

1600390753747.png

Last edited: