• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transfers

S

Stick Figure

According to the FAQ, it says that we can transfer our sims into EA Land now. Can we transfer them as early as today, or do we still have to wait for the bullet train?

G

We'll have to wait until sim move into EA-Land is enabled - its not turned on yet, I'm sure it says by end of January on the blog, but unfortunately I can't access it currently to check.

Polly

G

I couldn't find the FAQ on the blog (duh moment, I'm tired LOL) but the closest thing I could find was this post by Lee which says in part:

<blockquote><hr>

Moves: When the first two items are done we will open the “Bullet Train” from the TSO Production Cities. This will enable you to move from Alphaville, Blazing Falls, Calvins Creek, Dan’s Grove, East Jerome, Fancey Fields, Betaville, Interhogan, Jolly Pines, Dragon’s Cove, or Mount Fuji. These moves will be with out lots and with out Simoleans. I repeat the bullet train move from TSO Production Cities will be with “Lot Less” and “Simolean Less”. You will not be able to move from Test Center 3. (THESE MOVES DO NOT INCLUDE TEST CENTER 3)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain if free play has indeed been enabled, but if it hasn't it looks like they are going to do that first before they start allowing moves out of the production cities, minus the TCs and BV. Sorry it's not a clear yes or no, but thought I'd offer what info I could find

G

LOL see, told you it was a blonde moment.....I thought the OP was referring to a FAQ section on the blog, which is why you said you couldn't access the blog to answer yay or nay. LOL

Nevermind then

I

imported_Shirl1211

My concern is this, I was told (fact or fiction I don't know) that it is better to move a sim to EA Land on the bullet train that has items like RIP crafts because if I wait until the merge, my crafts may lose their status. Do you know if this is true of false?

G

<blockquote><hr>

My concern is this, I was told (fact or fiction I don't know) that it is better to move a sim to EA Land on the bullet train that has items like RIP crafts because if I wait until the merge, my crafts may lose their status. Do you know if this is true of false?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether bullet train or not, this is a possibility that unfortunately nobody can predict until it happens or doesn't happen. It was reported that some people did lose some RIP crafted item names during the TC/TC3 merge, but that doesn't mean necessarily that going on the bullet train will prevent it. My personal suggestion would be that if you have an RIP craft item that you only have one of that item in your inventory when the city merges, that way even if it does lose the name of the crafter in the merge, you will still know who it came from and can put it in a special place on the new lot that will trigger your memory of the creator. That's how I have kept up with things that are special to me....I hardly look at the name of the creator to know 'so-and-so gave me this', if you know what I mean