• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

transferring... maybe

P

peanutbutter

hey. thinking about bringing my archer over there. if i can bring my full suit, i'll be pvp/gank ready on day 1. a few questions, if i may:

- how's the PvP?
- how's the $$$ in PvP?
- who are the top couple PvP guilds and what are their "rules" (roll for scrolls? point system" etc...)

thanks all and maybe i'll see ya in a few days.

M

Mirage

PvP is great here...

$$$ is ..ok

Top PvP Guild is W0LF... that's about it right now

Mir

C

Chaosy

Atlantic shard is easily the busiest shard in many facets of the game, particularly PvP. The money in PvP is good provided you join a successful guild that can pull spawns off. Most guilds here use a points or rolling system for scroll distribution. How well you're equipped already or how much you expect to make will be important factors in determining a guild to join. The top guild on Atlantic right now is HOT by numbers (they have 20-30 active players pretty much every night). Some other PvP guilds you see running around include: LNR, CoW, C0L, Lex, HaXz, SLAP, etc. The biggest guild in the game, LLTS, has a fair amount of PvPers. I suggest making your way to the HOT guild message boards if you're interested in how Atlantic PvP is, as that is where a majority of PvPers are concentrated. Good luck.

P

peanutbutter

thanks for the info. if there are any guilds that could use an extra archer (hee hee), here's a short description:

i got items and start-up gold. i'm PvP archer: chiv, bush, archery, etc... i sport a comp/xbow combo with 40ssi/40di balanced on both (and some other stuff)... i chug when i think about it... i'm fast enough. just your run of the mill archer-ganker: point-click-kill.

im blue... usually... but i'll shoot anything that doesn't have my tag.

i like gold, even though i don't need it, so i prefer the roll system, since the point system usually puts new members at a severe disadvantage at auction time.

i follow orders (provided the one giving them isn't an idiot) and avoid drama (so if i think you're an idiot, i'll generally just avoid you rather than pointing it out).

i'm not going to build a house wherever i move to, so i would like to have co-own or friend access to a couple places.

oh... and i HATE yew gate fighting. i mean, i'll go, but i get so friggin tired of good PvP guilds wasting their time rollin 15 or 20 people at yew gate when they could be squashing oaks or something. as long as it's balanced and not habitual, i'm good, though.

... eh... and i don't like stupid rules, like "you can't play other shards" or "you can't associate with so-and-so". it's my game. i'll pull my own weight and you can bet on that, but i won't be told how and when to play a game i pay for (yeah, the wound is still fresh...)
------

so, if you have room for this guy, let me know. if you don't like what i've said, i understand... we can agree to disagree. i'll check out some of the forums in the WELCOME thread.

thanks again for the replies!

C

Chaosy

I think if you post your guild history as well as where you're from, it would help. Char names, etc...