• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transferring entire account to Atlantic

Lord Malachi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I will be transferring my entire account to Atlantic within the next two weeks after playing off and on since 1998 strictly on Catskills. My reasons for leaving Catskills are that it is a dead(not totally) shard, very little in items worth buying from vendors or trading for between players, and less and less decent people left to play this game with.
I will be looking into finding a guild that is active, preferrably that uses Ventrilo or the like for communication, as trying to read in game chat with all of the spell/ability spam overhead is tedious at the least.
I mostly play a Sampire, a Tamer that can either be a disco/weaver/provo/peacer or necro , or a Weaver/Necro I use as a spawner/Peerless character.
I don't really care to PvP anymore, as it really lost it's flavor to me some 10 or more years ago, although I could probably work in field fighting.

If your guild can use one of the characters I've listed above, please leave a reply on here. I am eager to move to a shard where the population is more than 1 person to every 600 empty vendors.

T

Tazar

Greetings and welcome to Atlantic. If you need anything here - just holler.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome! I did the same move about a year ago.

Lord Malachi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the replies! I am really looking forward to the move, I came back in November to Catskills and it's been fairly dead there. I created a test character on Atlantic just to see how the population was and was actually shocked to see so many people online at various times throughout the day while I was checking the server out. Will be nice to not log into a ghost town!
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im solo but have worked with a few diff guilds icq me 100785156, always hidden but i answer sometimes

Retlaw of Vesper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started back up on Lake Superior in November and was surprised to easily place a 18x18 near a moongate. Well, after a month or so I had a feeling population was lower than when I left, and now with all the RtB IDOCs that hunch is confirmed.

So, I made a temp character on Atlantic. I quickly found not only was it very busy, but I ran into a lot of nice people willing to help a "newb" ... to the extreme that I was offered a free max lockdown home, TWICE (both which I turned down at the time). Really, the only down side I noticed was prices for various high end items are much more expensive, but most of those were beyond my means at this point anyway.

After working up some skills and doing some side quests I managed to make enough gold to place my own small using a 2nd account, to which I eventually plan on moving all my LS characters too (once I collect enough server tokens). Having a decent population is worth having to downsize for a while IMHO.

Lord Malachi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I totally agree with you. I have a keep right now on Catskills, but I have no problem whatsoever downsizing just to be on a server with a steady population. Maybe once I'm settled in I'll look into larger housing, but that's still in the future.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2