• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Transfer question

S

SLACK

This may not be the most appropriate place to post this but considering there isn't that much activity I'll chance it! :mf_prop:
If you transfer from another shard can you bring along skills from the same account on soul stones or fragments to add to existing characters you have on said destination shard?
Also can you drag along pack animals or anything along those lines to optimize space? I have a boatload of rares and bods I would like to bring but I'm sure I'll only be able to bring a fraction.
Thanks for any input and so far I'm luvin ATL!!!!
:thumbup::thumbup:

T

Tazar

On a character transfer, you can bring along pretty much anything that will fit in your character's backpack, bank, (I think even pets on the stables) and 5 pack horses. Make sure the pack horses are well fed, and commanded to follow you right before the transfer. As a backup, it is a good idea to give another character on another account "access" to the packies so that just in case they do not follow you, you will still be able to reclaim the items. It seems rare that a problem with packies following you occurs, but it does happen.

The soul-stoned skills (Full, fragment, or craftable fragment) will transfer over fine.

On the rares, there are a few that will not transfer correctly. I believe that one of those is the old tent deeds. Another is the old "deed for a (insert house type)". I believe that both of those will become a house placement tool during the transfer. You might want to ask on the rares forum about others before you transfer just to be sure they are safe.

You might also be able to x-shard trade some of the more generic items (gold checks, resources, etc.) to free up more space on your transferred character.

Good Luck with it all.

S

SLACK

Tazar, thank you so much for the rapid reply!
Sounds good and I think I can bring with me most of my "good stuff" and perhaps come back for the rest later. I hate to leave my home shard that has been my stomping grounds for the last.....pfffft however many years since pre-AOS but I think it's time for a change or time for me to quit.
ATL looks good so far though! :party:

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Slack

I too left LA for Atlantic. I hated to leave my castle behind, but having no one to play with in game made my decision pretty easy---Time to head to a more populated shard! I am having a great time on Atlantic and if you look hard there are a few spots still open to place a medium size house..and there seems to always be someone selling an 18X18. I transferred a ton of skills on frags and full soul stones and had no problem using them.

If you need any help getting settled on Atlantic, just give a shout.....always willing to help out!

Willard

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I transferred over from Sonoma..an I also have some toons on LA as well. Coming over to Atlantic was the best thing i have ever done (as far as UO goes). It's nice to see other players for a change.

Z

Zyron

I just transferred over from my home shard of ten years, Baja, it was hard to leave, but TBH it was always pretty dead lol. Im having a lot of fun on ATL with the PvP. Im just starting to rebuild my sampire after 3 years of not playing, and looking forward to spending time on ATL.

S

SLACK

Thanks for the replies and the offer Willard!
I'm gonna have to sell off one of my residences so I can fit all my junk into one so I'll be able to place on ATL.
Out of curiosity what do 18X18's, keeps and castles sell on average here (fel and tram)?

T

Tazar

18x18's go 10-mil (bad location and if you are lucky to find a IDOC'er needing to sell fast to place the next house) to 60-mil (special locations). I have seen an 18x18 just outside of the Luna Walls go for 450-mil. I'd guess average price to be 25-mil or so.

I am not sure about Keeps, but I have seen trammel castles go for well over 1-bil.

S

SLACK

This really has nothing to do with the thread but I thought the ATL stratics forum had a lot of traffic, where are all the posters?:confused: