• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trammel champion spawns could use some love

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done more than 3 of these in 20 years, but I agree

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah we needd powerscrolls. and a better drop rate. I had a run of 3 spawns where there was not a pink given.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am all for making them drop 105s and 110 while increasing the drop rate of 115s and 120s on fel ones;
So trammel ones would be safer but would take a much longer time to get a 120 by binding all those 110s while Fel ones would give you better rewards for your risk. Protection should also only apply to fel ones.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should have powerscrolls just like Fel Shards.

Fel should only have PvP...nothing else...no other perks. Both facets should be identical.

I've said this many times :)
Then Fel would be the most popular shard, because people could truly play it, and not be forced into Trammel the whole time.

Illshenar, Shadowguard, Stygian Abyss, Ter Mur, all the Artifacts that can be acquired in Trammel only, should be acquirable in Felucca.

That for me is the trade-off for this to happen.

Otherwise, you are crippling the best facet, that most people actually want to play, and forcing them into Trammel the whole time, it's an illusion that Trammel is the most popular shard, only maintained by making it easy mode and putting all the rewards in Trammel.

Trammel champion spawns should have a new added reward exclusively for them.
Pet transcendence scrolls.
I have no issues with this either, the idea makes sense.
I'd want them in Felucca as well of course, because of course Feluccan players use Tamers also.

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't we just get rid of all trammel spawns, and keep the unique ones like tokuno spawn, and add some unique cool rewards to them.
Think i only did champ spawns in trammel, when TOTs were live, Else they are a complete waste of time.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TB Cookie [W] I'm sure you are a very lovely person, but quite a few of your posts have made me scratch my head and make strange faces at my monitor....o_O :eek: :rolleyes: That was some of the faces.... :p
:D

Just to try and explain my position briefly, and logically, which is what I'm all about.

I agree both facet should be identical.
If you give one facet a ton of extra lands, content and Artifacts, and force players to play there, they have to go there, they will go there.
(Me agreeing both facets should be identical, gives powerscrolls to Trammel, and gives all the missing content to Felucca).

I agree Pet Transcendance scrolls is not a bad idea to introduce to the game.
But why Trammel only?
Feluccan players also play tamers, again, I'm only about the equality.
(Does it have to be the Champion Spawns - I'd say, introduce them elsewhere on both facets).

It seems to me, many posters on these boards, only want equality to go in their direction...
From my perspective, Felucca is far more active than Trammel, I see tons of activity in Felucca nonstop, If I go to Trammel, I see nothing, so I conclude Felucca is more popular.
I'll accept many may want to debate that, but for the Trammel players, do you see the activity levels I can see each night?
Highly unlikely.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
:D

Just to try and explain my position briefly, and logically, which is what I'm all about.

I agree both shards should be identical.
If you give one shard a ton of extra lands, content and Artifacts, and force players to play there, they have to go there, they will go there.
(Me agreeing both shards should be identical, gives powerscrolls to Trammel, and gives all the missing content to Felucca).

I agree Pet Transcendance scrolls is not a bad idea to introduce to the game.
But why Trammel only?
Feluccan players also play tamers, again, I'm only about the equality.
(Does it have to be the Champion Spawns - I'd say, introduce them elsewhere on both facets).

It seems to me, many posters on these boards, only want equality to go in their direction...
From my perspective, Felucca is far more active than Trammel, I see tons of activity in Felucca nonstop, If I go to Trammel, I see nothing, so I conclude Felucca is more popular.
I'll accept many may want to debate that, but for the Trammel players, do you see the activity levels I can see each night?
Highly unlikely.

i c fel dead most nights most shards with sudden brief bursts. i hear more smack in global than i c in-game. nice try? not really but oh well.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
all shards should have access 2 all regular items. (so like not em event rewards. not 1-time event rewards. but like doom arties, power scrolls, primevil lich spawn stuff, ilshenar items, etc.)

doesn't mean identical content ALL of the time. (so doom doesn't have 2b in fel.) (SOME content can be same. tram should have primeval lich 4 example. but not all has 2b.)
means all rewards. (so doom artis have 2b in fel someplace.)

doesn't mean stuff isn't more common in some places. (power scrolls should be more common from fel. doom arties more common from tram. etc.)
means u should be able 2 get anything, from both rules sets, given time & skill & persistence.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i c fel dead most nights most shards with sudden brief bursts. i hear more smack in global than i c in-game. nice try? not really but oh well.

That's your experience.
Try being part of a large well organised guild of mature players.

I can see up to 50 players battling it out in certain scenario's.
Our alliance is usually fielding 20-40 in various places throughout the game.

Those guys you hear smacktalking are the tip of the iceberg - they are usually the loud mouth of their guild (me!).
Most of our players don't talk in Gen, or post on Stratics, in fact, I'm almost the only one - and yes, I do troll in Gen chat, again, to promote action.
But I'd like to think I never use any offensive language or swearing, it's psychological, you need to get under their skin in a nice way (others chose not to be so nice about it - and that's how you can chose the style and type of guild you want to play in), to promote emotion, and more action, and also let them know where the action is.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's your experience.
Try being part of a large well organised guild of mature players.

I can see up to 50 players battling it out in certain scenario's.
Our alliance is usually fielding 20-40 in various places throughout the game.

Those guys you hear smacktalking are the tip of the iceberg - they are usually the loud mouth of their guild (me!).
Most of our players don't talk in Gen, or post on Stratics, in fact, I'm almost the only one - and yes, I do troll in Gen chat, again, to promote action.
But I'd like to think I never use any offensive language or swearing, it's psychological, you need to get under their skin in a nice way (others chose not to be so nice about it - and that's how you can chose the style and type of guild you want to play in), to promote emotion, and more action, and also let them know where the action is.
i've loked hard. i hear, i don't c.
been in this game 2 long 2 believe what u say bout intent of smak-talk. nice try...no not really. lol.
people who weren't around b4 tram will fall 4 this but not the rest of us.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've loked hard. i hear, i don't c.
been in this game 2 long 2 believe what u say bout intent of smak-talk. nice try...no not really. lol.
people who weren't around b4 tram will fall 4 this but not the rest of us.
So many people are stuck in your mindset, and it's a shame.
I can only leave you there.

The game experience is completely different for me.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually don't listen to anyone that uses 2 and b4 in a format with no character limitations, sry :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe the part I find confusing is why you can't go to Trammel or Ilshenar etc. it's not like they are especially dangerous for PVP'rs or Trammies will band together to slaughter you if you go there...:confused:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe the part I find confusing is why you can't go to Trammel or Ilshenar etc. it's not like they are especially dangerous for PVP'rs or Trammies will band together to slaughter you if you go there...:confused:

You'll hate me for saying this...

I don't like Trammel, I don't like the ruleset, I don't like many of the players or attitudes I see in Trammel, I don't want to be part of it. :(
(By the way, I love the way you come across, and I love some of the people in Trammel, just not most).

Exactly the same feelings and emotions many Trammel players feel about Felucca.

So I'm ok with splitting the game into 2 facets, but please, give us the same content.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Otherwise, you are crippling the best facet, that most people actually want to play, and forcing them into Trammel the whole time, it's an illusion that Trammel is the most popular shard, only maintained by making it easy mode and putting all the rewards in Trammel.
Fel hasn't been the popular shard since.. well since trammel was introduced. Not trying to be callous but I believe you are dramatically over estimating fels popularity.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel hasn't been the popular shard since.. well since trammel was introduced. Not trying to be callous but I believe you are dramatically over estimating fels popularity.

I get that you feel that way, but amongst my crowd, I'm not dramatically over-estimating. :)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can type that out and not see the failure of logic? You even inserted pauses around the biggest problem.
There could be a failure in logic, but it is a crowd, I just don't know which is bigger, honestly.

But the fact it's a crowd, makes it significant for me.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This may come as a shocker, so you may want to sit down if you're reading this on a mobile, but... Significant to you doesn't mean that it represents "most" people. The world doesn't revolve around Cookie. At least not the Cookie on Stratics. I don't know if you're right or wrong to be honest. It very well could be true that most people like Fel and it's the best facets popularly. It could also easily be the stupidest thing said and very wrong.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may come as a shocker, so you may want to sit down if you're reading this on a mobile, but... Significant to you doesn't mean that it represents "most" people. The world doesn't revolve around Cookie. At least not the Cookie on Stratics. I don't know if you're right or wrong to be honest. It very well could be true that most people like Fel and it's the best facets popularly. It could also easily be the stupidest thing said and very wrong.
True all ways, I don't disagree with any of that. :)

And to the moderators, I understand you moderating my other thread, it's possibly best you delete it.
I'm ahead of my time as always, history will prove me right. ;)
But right now, probably too confrontational.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You'll hate me for saying this...

I don't like Trammel, I don't like the ruleset, I don't like many of the players or attitudes I see in Trammel, I don't want to be part of it. :(
I don't hate you for saying that, at least you are honest! I can't argue with how you feel! ;)

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@TB Cookie [W] I'm sure you are a very lovely person, but quite a few of your posts have made me scratch my head and make strange faces at my monitor....o_O :eek: :rolleyes: That was some of the faces.... :p
Is that because you also have a bitter beer face at the same time you read Stratics?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I've said this many times :)
Then Fel would be the most popular shard, because people could truly play it, and not be forced into Trammel the whole time.

Illshenar, Shadowguard, Stygian Abyss, Ter Mur, all the Artifacts that can be acquired in Trammel only, should be acquirable in Felucca.

That for me is the trade-off for this to happen.

I have no issues with this either, the idea makes sense.
I'd want them in Felucca as well of course, because of course Feluccan players use Tamers also.
Play Siege Perilous and your issues are solved.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Play Siege Perilous and your issues are solved.
I actually do, but my issues are not completely solved. :)

I play Europa as a main, since almost the beginning of the game, it's my geographical location, and my roots are here, hard to leave all that behind.
I play Atlantic, I play Siege. I play on CC, and I play on EC - I also play the entire game content.
As a parent, with a full time job, I cannot divide my time between all these styles of play.
I'd like to just log in and play, and not have all these built in hassles.

Siege believe it or not, is too hard for me... but I still love it.

Siege - I like the 1 character rule.
I find skill gain almost impossible as a very casual player there.
I don't have community there like I do on Europa, and I won't have time to build any relationships either - my loss - so I cannot get much help in-game.
I find the loss of all your armour (apart from 1 piece) very difficult to play - now I don't mind it, it's just on Europa, my craftsman could then knock me up another set, on Siege I cannot.
I cannot play a dexxer with healing there, as you cannot buy cloth, you have to sheer sheep to get wool, then make cloth and make bandies etc.
I found it very hard to make a self sustainable character.
While it is awesome, I have to almost admit defeat - I cannot even get myself into the game there, let alone pvp - it would be a completely full time commitment, which I cannot maintain.

So as time goes by, I am trying step 1, try and get the devs to listen to a players concerns, then I don't know where I go, do I quit, do I quit Europa and go Siege, tough decision, I have a group of friends I've known for 15 years+ on Europa.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I actually do, but my issues are not completely solved. :)

I play Europa as a main, since almost the beginning of the game, it's my geographical location, and my roots are here, hard to leave all that behind.
I play Atlantic, I play Siege. I play on CC, and I play on EC - I also play the entire game content.
As a parent, with a full time job, I cannot divide my time between all these styles of play.
I'd like to just log in and play, and not have all these built in hassles.

Siege - I like the 1 character rule.
I find skill gain almost impossible as a very casual player there.
I don't have community there like I do on Europa, and I won't have time to build any relationships either - my loss - so I cannot get much help in-game.
I find the loss of all your armour (apart from 1 piece) very difficult to play - now I don't mind it, it's just on Europa, my craftsman could then knock me up another set, on Siege I cannot.
I cannot play a dexxer with healing there, as you cannot buy cloth, you have to sheer sheep to get wool, then make cloth and make bandies etc.
I found it very hard to make a self sustainable character.
While it is awesome, I have to almost admit defeat - I cannot even get myself into the game there, let alone pvp - it would be a completely full time commitment, which I cannot maintain.

So as time goes by, I am trying step 1, try and get the devs to listen to a players concerns, then I don't know where I go, do I quit, do I quit Europa and go Siege, tough decision, I have a group of friends I've known for 15 years+ on Europa.
Suggestion - for bandages, go farm creatures (mummies, juka lords, etc.) that have bandages as loot. JLs also will get you arrows to either use or sell to an archer.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you give one facet no risk for equal or even inferior rewards, they will go there.
Fixed that for ya. :p

If you gave tram scrolls fel would be 100% dead outside of luna and yew gate. People will never choose the hard option when they can get the same reward for the easy option. The path of least resistance will always be followed, that's why you have to design ways to keep the interest of various styles balanced.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Fixed that for ya. :p

If you gave tram scrolls fel would be 100% dead outside of luna and yew gate. People will never choose the hard option when they can get the same reward for the easy option. The path of least resistance will always be followed, that's why you have to design ways to keep the interest of various styles balanced.
is not about easy vs hard, is about most players just don't want 2 play the Fel way. product no one wants.

if all of ur foes suk, then pvp is easy 4 u.

unspoken truth of pvp is that u don't need 2b good, just suk less. being good helps.

But the basics of your post are accurate, because the point is: Fel is propped up by the dev team for an audience that despise them. Funny, eh?

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So many people are stuck in your mindset, and it's a shame.
I can only leave you there.

The game experience is completely different for me.
It's not a mindset, it's that the experiences you claim to have are at odds with the reality that Fel has failed.

I dealt with, and dispensed with, similar issues here, in the "legacy" shard thread: WoW has introduced 'Legacy Servers'...Why Can't UO?!

Despite all this I still argued above that Fel should have access to all the items that Tram does, and, importantly, the reverse. Under my idea, those who want to say in Fel still can and can get everything they want.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege is only as hard as you make it. There are very few PK's left, and most of those only hassle you if you piss them off. as far as bandages go, you can buy them, just have to farm them up like any other resource. that picture is from one of the healers in Luna

upload_2018-1-16_19-14-43.png