• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tram Beacons

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to bug you guys, but where can I find beacons in Tram? I used to do them in Tokuno, but, well you know what happens there now with the beacons!

Thanks for any help!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Near the Sea Market, Near Ice Island, E of Jhelom.

Maybe more but they are spread out a lot more. Tokuno Rocked.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, no, what?
Beacons in Tokuno shoot back at Ships also AFTER all Orcs have been killed....

Furthermore, EVEN IF one takes the hassle of repairing multiple times the Ship in the process and finally, after an extremely long time sink the Beacon, it gives ZERO Mythical maritime Trade Cargo (I tried once, will never try again...).

Simply NOT WORTH the hassle and waste of time.

So, now, players are getting away from Tokuno Beacons like the plague....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did some Plunder Beacons in Tokuno earlier. They weren't firing on me after i killed the Orc crew. They only continue firing on you and don't drop Cargo if they're too close to land or a server line.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did some Plunder Beacons in Tokuno earlier. They weren't firing on me after i killed the Orc crew. They only continue firing on you and don't drop Cargo if they're too close to land or a server line.
Most Tokuno areas are close to land no matter where they spawn. That's the point. It is uncommon for them to be away from land. This bug was on TC and they fixed it but it came back at 105.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Misk is the QA person, I am led to believe he is Mesanna's hubby...

Wait, let me rephrase that. Misk has the position title of QA. Not sure there is QA tho, nowdays
He is Mesanna's Husband and Yes he is the one who supposedly does QA... I've called him out on it before... but I'm not allowed to do that so I didn't speak his name...

If I had to say I'd say there isn't any QA... but honestly I wish they would just use their EM's and run new stuff by them first and let them "test" some of these things and see them beforehand so they can tell them what's wrong with it and get it fixed before it goes in game...

But that'll never happen... they need a dependable team of players or something to tell them the honest truth about things. Like the fact that people would expect the Well to act as a water source and will NOT be pleased to spend $12 or more to find that it doesn't and it's just Deco...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
leave the ones close to shore alone
just go after pirates and merchants
for some reason, if you ignore them, they will teleport to you (away from land)

I did the merchant ships & pirates for two hours the other morning
I took a pirate across the server line and when I came back there was a row of plunderbeacons
my husband worked on one side while I did the other
And he went to the next beacon to take out the orcs closest to the one I was on
we didn't get shot out and took out that beacon real easy...
then while I worked on the second one (which only had the four orcs on one side),
he went to the third beacon and took out four orcs there...
then we took out the third, after the second one went down...

I took about an hour break and when I came back I just did the merchants...
I saw a plunderbeacon near land but ignored it
did a pirate and on the way to turning it in, a plunderbeacon spawned in front of me
I ignored it and turned in my pirate...
came back to the location and was doing that plunderbeacon when another one spawned near me...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
leave the ones close to shore alone
just go after pirates and merchants
for some reason, if you ignore them, they will teleport to you (away from land
No. That's the problem now, we have for so long accepted ****ty sloppy work and just "made do" with it.

It's time for em to either fix their coding, or find someone who can, or shut it down.

Tired of workarounds, and it only works if you are standing facing north, or in a certain town, or wearing a particular shoe. I call BS (and not the company)

It's past time for them to get it right. Stop everything, even if it makes this years program run long, and get it right FOR ONCE!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. That's the problem now, we have for so long accepted ****ty sloppy work and just "made do" with it.

It's time for em to either fix their coding, or find someone who can, or shut it down.

Tired of workarounds, and it only works if you are standing facing north, or in a certain town, or wearing a particular shoe. I call BS (and not the company)

It's past time for them to get it right. Stop everything, even if it makes this years program run long, and get it right FOR ONCE!!
Did you see this reply!!!

We are still investigating this issue, and have yet to be able to 100% reproduce it internally - so if anyone would like to submit additional information you can email [email protected]. As was mentioned at the M&G on Chesapeake Monday night, this is something we hope to find a solution for with the current publish.

Takes 15 min to find one or more that keep firing!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Take the time to go with one of us Pirate Hunting... I find them every time I go... won't be hard I can reproduce it all day long...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They don't play LOL, therefore they don't understand the issue.