• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Training tips?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

I'm training my warrior and I've read the UOGuide manual on Melee training.

I'm currently with 103.5 on Swords and was wondering if there have been any new ideas regarding raising Melee lately. I've just been hitting cyclops and now I'll try the SA ratmen as it seems is a great spot for gains.

Any suggestions?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Get yourself an 100% fire undead slayer weapon with hit mana leech and hit life leech and hit Dungeon Blackthorn, the rotting corpses and brigands room.
I usually get from 90 to 120 there. But I tend to also do the exodus minions and the balron room once I get past 115 swords to speed things a bit.

Gains are pretty good there, since the spawn is fast, and you will also get the odd minax artie drop while training.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'll have to look for one of those....for now I have a Soul Seeker and it's been good for Reponds.

I just remembered that I also need some advice on my characters attributes. I'm building a Classic Warrior from @CorwinXX warrior guide. Currently I have 95 Str, 125 Dex and 14 Int. Because of all the needed mana for some spells 14 Int seems very low. Can anyone recommend on the attribures? I can't remember why I left these as they are now...

Here's my base template from CorwinXX:
Core (685 skill points):
Weapon 120
Tactics 100
Bushido 120
Parrying 60
Anatomy 100
Healing 90
Chivalry 95

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I run an assortment of templates, but usually, I either max str or dex while keeping the other at 115 and int at 20 or go with 125 on both and 10 int, making up for mana with mana increase on the suit.
You suit will be the most important thing here. You want 150 dex so you get 4 seconds healing, you want as much stam inc and ssi on your suit, not weapon, to make sure you swing at 1.25s (1.5s swings is still doable, I use it a fair bit and can still solo a lot of the bosses) and enough mana inc to be able to chain DS or AI. You might want to go with studded armour for 55 lmc or consider plate for 45 lmc and superior stamina protection.

So, make sure you have a crafter to make the missing pieces of your suit or make a crafter yourself to do that.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm also at basic stats, no +25 stat scroll, but I guess the price for a thing like that is through the roof anywhere.
I'm on Europa and can't even find them for sale on vendor search.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also at basic stats, no +25 stat scroll, but I guess the price for a thing like that is through the roof anywhere.
I'm on Europa and can't even find them for sale on vendor search.
They are usually about 5m each. Just shout out in general chat as I think there was a harrower tonight on Europa so some might be for sale.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They are usually about 5m each. Just shout out in general chat as I think there was a harrower tonight on Europa so some might be for sale.
So that's what the influx of people was about...never have I seen recently so many people going around like tonight.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well once again the community did it. There I was at Luna Bank when "someone I shall not name" made a couple of very generous offers for me to upgrade my gear.

Thanks You!