• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Tactics(skill)

Telchar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi,

I am an old player but a fairly new Tamer. I have found many tips and tricks to train some of the more difficult skills. Yet I cannot find a great way to train Tactics. I do know that I am supposed to target creatures within 25 point of my pets skill. Yet this does not seem to work well. Any pointers on tjis?

Turkish

Journeyman
I think it has to be within 20 points of your pets skill. I usually use the Shadow Iron elementals in the mines. The monster you're targeting may be outside of the +/-20 point range which is why it is not training. I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The shadow eles start at 60 or 90 skill in tactics and wrestling. Kill them until you find one that matches your pet skills.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Acid slugs in underworld take you to 65-75 from 45-50 and 120 wrestle, acid slimes will take you to 45-50 from 0.

There are 2 blackrock eles in the mines.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Shadow ore ele is your best bet, you can also train up tactics and wrestling on the stone elementals at the end of Shame 1.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shadow Ore Eles are generally the best thing for Wrest/Tactics. They're immune to pet damage, so you aren't constantly searching for new targets, and they spawn with 60-100 Wrest/Tact. You can use a -0 Mage Wep to kill them until you get one with appropriate Wrest/Tact to spawn for your pet to train on. For REALLY low skill pets (0-35), Gregorio works great for getting them into 50s Wrest/Tact, which brings them into range for training on lower end Shadow Ore Eles. Gregorio is immune to pet damage. He's also the best opponent to train Anat/Poisoning and most Magic skills on (except Discord).