• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Resist

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I should know this, but being new to Siege I am lost. How does one train resist on this shard? I tried casting paralyze field and walking through it, but it doesn't affect me as the caster. There are no spectral spellbinders. What am I missing?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did it with 2 accounts, one guy casting on the other, if I remember correctly...

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. Also, I know pretty much everyone here abuses this bug (hypocrites), but once you hit 70, you can stone the skill then un-stone it for an instant gain. If you figure out how to macro the stoning and un-stoning somehow, you could probably 120 it in like 15 minutes with the 0 eval para field trick.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. Also, I know pretty much everyone here abuses this bug (hypocrites), but once you hit 70, you can stone the skill then un-stone it for an instant gain. If you figure out how to macro the stoning and un-stoning somehow, you could probably 120 it in like 15 minutes with the 0 eval para field trick.

Pro -tip 101

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Good info. Can two blues (unguilded) cast para fields on each other and gain?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put max FC + FCR + MR on the caster. Start with fast spells like Clumsy, Weaken etc. When the gains stop, switch to Curse or Paralyze. I would recommend fast spells with low mana costs. No fields. Just that easy...There are good choices in each level. But if I remember correctly, the first levels will do up to 120.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With ROT you get gains with Clumsy even at 119.9. Just that easy. Just waiting is a pain. Honestly, I train skills playing. I just hate waiting.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will agree with Earendil, it was many moons ago that I did a resist to 120, But I do remember using imps to gain ROT, then used Earendil's way to 120. On Critical Gamer's trick I just found out about it, but hellz ya I would do that trick, if it worked today! Many many monotonous and time consuming skills and chores to do for a pixel game. Choose how to spend your time wisely!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's an exploit that really needs to be fixed. I did not know about it. No wonderr the pvp players from atlantic can come here and in 2 days be 6-120s.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's an exploit that really needs to be fixed. I did not know about it. No wonderr the pvp players from atlantic can come here and in 2 days be 6-120s.
couldn't disagree with this more. You think rot is ok?? you gonna to ask to have them fix it and make is shorter?? last time they did that they ended up making it longer. ROT is too long in its current form.
Always about the pvpers, what about the new players Bo sees out there running with tames that they shouldn't be able to have yet. (and not wearing taming jewels) but it is always the pvpers that are the ones to blame.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bo, you can argue all you want about the length of ROT (and I might even agree) but this is an exploit pure and simple and has nothing to do with ROT (except to make it totally obsolete).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I cannot gain with two blue characters casting para field and walking through it. I must need to have both characters in VvV.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was against mythic tokens and I still am. Personally I do not consider logging out for 15 mins an exploit, but it would not bother me to see that changed also. But hey why bother to play Siege if you want it to be like a prodo shard where skills can be gained in hours not weeks.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On this Wonderful Thanksgiving day, every one decides where to spend their time on the game how they see fit. Some enjoy the work of things others do not. So log on to Siege do your thing, enjoy working your skills however you wish , use the trick or don't. The powers that be are most surely aware of this and other issues. When things matter to them, most fixes are done is a quicker fashion and thats the end of it. So in my eyes I see "the store" and "powers that be" getting benefits from this trick. Faster you work up a skill the quicker ya need a new soul stone. With a trick like this or exploit if ya like, if it does impact the pocket in a negative way it will be a long time coming fix! So carry on and fabulous day to you all! Happy Thanksgiving!
I have sent it in as a bug report multiple times over the last few years as well as another person. I have sent emails to Messana Bleak and Kyronix multiple times with no reply and no fix. Seems they either don’t care to fix it or are unable to. *shrug*.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was against mythic tokens and I still am. Personally I do not consider logging out for 15 mins an exploit, but it would not bother me to see that changed also. But hey why bother to play Siege if you want it to be like a prodo shard where skills can be gained in hours not weeks.
Gaining skill is what turns nearly 99% of the player base off to Siege. It's the open pvp, thrill of excitement, and no insurance that we continue to play Siege. Other than animal taming, I've never been a fan of ROT and I've been living it since 2004 when I came here.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I found a way to gain resist. Paralyze Fields didn't work, but direct spells like curse and weaken by a second character do work. My gains are starting to come in. Thanks for the help!

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just cast mana drain on myself with Protection on, excellent gains

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I hit 70 and entered ROT casting curse of myself. Thanks for all the tips!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You read this thread right? Such pain has been removed for your pleasure! ;)