• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Training Question

X

Xantrik

So, I just returned to the game after a 6 year break. I want to play around with Imbuing and I have a question on training. I took a look around and in several guides it says to unravel to 75 skill. I am currently at 53 skill from unraveling and I am curious where all of you gather the massive amount of magic items it will take to get up to 75 skill.

Is there a certain quality of monster I should be killing for magic items to unravel? In other words do I need to kill Dragons, Drakes, or Ogre Lords? Or can I stick to mowing down massive amounts of lower level mobs? I have been killing mobs at the Terathan Lair recently with a slayer weapon.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a lumberjack and a carpenter or fletcher you can make exceptional bokutos or bows out of oak. I think you can still gain on unravelling past 75 but it does slow down. I think at around 75-80 I stopped making and uravelling bokutos and started imbuing them with hit dispell since that only takes magical residue and amber. As far as hunting, I would take my mystic to Miasma. It is a good way to build up a stockpile of the green dots, which I then turned in until I had enough 115's to scrollbind into a 120.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally i wouldnt (and didnt) unravel to 75. The monsters you would want to kill would be higher than ogre lords and dragons, maybe super dragons, dark fasthers, swoops, onis, kinda top end stuff.

50-75 goes alot faster if you raise it from actual imbuing. The reason some people like unraveling, is because your going to need the residue and stuff to level.

I found it was alot easier to just buy all the residue i needed, and you can keep enchanted essence use to a minimum by imbuing the right multiple properties. Its one of the more pricey skills to train; the gems and ingots (ingots to make golden daggers and jingsanas mainly) i think might have been a couple mil.

Theres tons of helpful guides out there, and the skill (while still a bit slow) is much much easier to raise than when it first came out.

Have fun :)

N

Ncdiablo

I too just returned back and discovered the importance of Imbuing. I have unravelled to 75.2 just recently and here is how I did it.

I simply took my mare (yes a tamer/mage) and went and fought Ronin's on Tokuno Islands. If going through the moongate it is the bottom Island and from the gate it is a very quick walk north and you hit some dead areas (meaning dead trees and scorched earth). Here ronins are and skele mages and skele knights and a few other creatures.

The ronins drop about 2-5 items.

I made the mistake of buying my skill up to 30 ish and then unravelled from there to 75. I now have a healthy amount of ingredients to hopefully push me toward 120.

Unlike what others have said it's not terrible to collect the stuff to get your imbuing to 75.

I basically bought a soulforge for my house. Would fill up with gear and recall back to the house. Drop the gear in a bag and then recall back. In a few hours I would have 10 or so bags of stuff and then log onto my imbuer and unravel all I had gathered. Rinse and repeat.

It's cheap, you make gold in the mean time and gets you materials to help you along the way.

Another good spot is on the first Tokuno Island up where the rune beetles are at. Tons of them and the fight is quick if you have another rune beetle. Pretty good amount of gear drop as well.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like i said before, i didnt want to waste time collecting things to unravel.

But, another reason i said this might not be the best for you is that you have been gone 6 years, and might not have the gear needed to make quick work of the monsters that yield the best loot.

Another note, you Need to get the 10k loyalty eventually, so what you could do would be kill things on the character (gargoyal) to get the loyalty, and unravel that.

When training imbuing (at least the later parts of it) you want to be a human or elf (because you wont have the slight bonus which you dont want when training) When you hit 120 transfer the skill back to the gargoyal. (scrolls arent a problem, do the first 2 quests (Not the relic quest) and use a scroll binder to combine the 115s to get your 2 120s.

X

Xantrik

Thanks for all the help all. I moved my Imbue skill over to my human crafter for now and will raise skill on him until I cap at 120. I read that I should also be using the Queen's Forge to unravel items is that still the case?

As I have a GM Fletcher I will burn up the 10k Oak boards I have in the bank and make bows out of them to unravel. Thanks for the advice!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Queens forge gives (i think) a five percent boost when you reach the 10k loyalty (gained from killing SA monsters)

So, using her forge should give you better chances of getting enchanted essence and relic frags from unraveling. However, if your unraveling to gain skill, you wouldnt want that percentage boost to skill. Im usually too lazy to haul all the stuff to the Queens forge and back, and only use it when unraveling crafted knights war cleavers (i usually make them with gold) for relic fragments.

X

Xantrik

So, I unraveled 25k Oak boards worth of Oak Bows last night and ended up at 59.8 skill and with 13k Residue. Bought another 60k Oak boards because I didn't want to deal with LJing then up again. I am stuck at 59.8 and am not progressing from unraveling anymore. After 7k boards and even after trying to make a bunch of items using a DC and Shadow hammer I am not receiving gains from unraveling. I have 120 free skill points on my character and the skill is set to up. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just unraveled a bag full of monster loot and got a gain. It must be the quality of item that I was using. (Oak Bows GM Fletcher and GM Arms)

N

Ncdiablo

Unfortunately I can't help with the craft and unravel side as I used my tamer to gather and unravel and had no issues at all getting to 75 from farming Ronin. My thought on that was probably because I would unravel heavy armor often that came from the Ronin.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're trying to power level your imbuing, get a few thousand residue and amber, then keep imbuing over and over. Make sure your imbue has a 60-70% chance to succeed for optimal gains to resource usage. If you have the patience to make 25k logs worth of bows you certainly have the patience to do this. The gains will go quickly until you get into the 100s. Even then it still moves pretty reliably.

X

Xantrik

Thanks, I will probably start buying gems and imbue items to raise skill. I really don't want to drag this training process out too long. I was banking on getting to around 70 unraveling Oak Bows but I am assuming you gain skill based on the difficulty of the item being unraveled. Apparently 59.8 is the cap for Oak Bows. *noted* :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i powerleveled this skill. used a guide for a bit of help, didnt follow precisly. there are lots of guides that are easy to find. the key to leveling imbuing is multiple properties. i made golden daggers, and then golden light platemail jingsanas (sp) (gives mage armor and luck)

For me i was more concerned about having to imbue less numbers of weapons / armor peices, so would imbue at around a 50 percent success rate. goes through more gems / residue, but alot less time spent and peices to be made. If you do it right, you shouldnt be using too much residue or gems per imbue, just keep adding properties, saving what you imbue, then adding another property and so on.

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I am curious where all of you gather the massive amount of magic items it will take to get up to 75 skill. "

My Imbuer is like 46 and relies on two other chars to get stuff to unravel. While they both hunt, most of my stuff comes from my tailor/fencer doing the NPC Exporter quest on Siege. The NPC Exporter is located near the bank at the weaponsmith store in Jhelom. In one gate to Umbra, one can complete two quests and have six items to unravel. Rinse/repeat and you can have 45 items in no time if you can cast gate.

Jack Nickelson