• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training PP White Wyrm

Elrohir

Visitor
Hi all, returning player here. I have a PP White Wyrm that I am looking to train and need some advice. For context, I have already fully trained one of my PP mares per the guide on uo-cah, so I have some experience with the new training system.

At the moment, pet is halfway through using first set of training points. I've already trained base damage per second to 17, MR to 30, SR to 20, HPR to 5 and stamina to 150. I have 703 training points left and am stuck how to use them on resists, and I assume any extras that remain will go to hit points and/or mana.

Current, untrained resists are 69 physical, 18 fire, 83 cold, 41 poison and 43 energy and attributes are 456 hits, 150 stamina (already trained), 388 mana, 754 str, 125 dex and 388 int. Resist wise, I'm leaning towards going 80/80/83/42/80 resists - just straight up neglecting poison. For context, this is a thunting tamer, also used for random farming. Is that a bad move? Should I drop a few energy resists for a few more poison? The remaining points I am leaning towards dumping into HP (up to 560) and mana (up to 504), however, advice on an ideal HP/mana split when everything is said and done would be helpful.

Attached is a picture of how I plan to use the remaining first round of training points - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Get several pets available in game now, give em different resists and try THunting.
Lots depend on your character skills. Will you use consume? Bard buffs?
PP pets are expensive and rare. Use current ingame pets till you will know what do you want to do without asking people on forum.

Elrohir

Visitor
Get several pets available in game now, give em different resists and try THunting.
Lots depend on your character skills. Will you use consume? Bard buffs?
PP pets are expensive and rare. Use current ingame pets till you will know what do you want to do without asking people on forum.
Skill masteries are new to me (I’m returning after ~10 year hiatus) and I believe I still need to obtain a mastery book and primes (on LS) so it’s hard for me to comment on consume or bard buffs. At the moment this character has no bard skills - I have Margery, Lore, Taming, Remove Trap, Vet, Lockpicking and Cartography.

I understand the rarity of PP animals and the fact training is irreversible, but I also don’t have countless hours available to play to test different builds out before I commit so I’m looking for general guidance on common approaches tamers take on training animals for general purposes and thunting.

I didn’t mention it originally, but I want this to be a chiv/AI WW.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
With resist you plan rotting corpses in Malas chests will hit your pet hard.

My point is :I see no huge advantage in using PP WW for treasure hunt. Try one Cu with FWW , one with Chiv AI . Or Chiv/Ai/FWW Triton. Both have healing, easier to maintain alive on hoard/Trove maps.
You will be able to use Chiv/AI one for most of in game activities.
Book on any shard can be bought or if none on VS yell in chat, bards can get books easy. Some will donate them for you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Notice the common theme of suggestions to use a Cu or triton...pets with free built in heal greatly better than other pets...
Tritons are easy to get and build and have plenty of points. Cus also have enough points to build.

If either did 100% physical damage they would not be as popular.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Also you can have VET and lockpick on another toon in another window. EJ is good. If in party you will get more loot also.
This will make you room for eval and Medi. You will help your pet to deal with guardians faster.

And just a reminder: if you have 90+ to GM remove trap, your traps on chests will be discharged by their own with time. I am doing 3 chests at a time. When I finish 3rd chest, trap on first one is discharged and removed on first try. Make rune-dig--finish guardians- go to another map spot.

Ascalon

Adventurer
For T-Mapping, I use a non-tamer build, until you get to some specific fights or I want to follow up and tame some of the pets.
Gargoyle with 120Mysticism, 100 Carto, Lockpick, Focus, Magery, Resist, Remove Trap. I use Mysticism mastery to get Rising Colossus that are less able to be dispelled. The gear is high mana regen and lmc. I like this build because I'm not moving skills around as the treasure hunt progresses. The other item I use is a treasure map table vet reward. I consider this a must have for T-Mapping.

When I roll out with my tamer on T-Maps, I use a kind of odd build Cu that I was testing out. It seems to work well and I like it. The reason I kept this Cu is the natural low cold/high energy resists. In my view, this is the best resist you can get, for a Cu. Here's the build. The scrolls were just ones I got from T-Mapping and what I had at the time. The pet was trained to GM wrestle/tactics off of the Shadow Elementals in Yamato mine, then leveled off of Crazy Mage in Shame and the Allosaurus near Sakkhra Village in Eodon. After that, put into use. It's a version 1 prototype, but there aren't any big flaws so I haven't tuned it with a version 2.
Cu Mapper Build.jpg

To answer your question about HP/Mana Split. Just in general, I feel like 650 is a minimum HP to run for a 5 slot pet, while I feel more comfortable with 700, or feel like I have a lot with 750+. Mana, I just use to dump the rest of the training points, since after the initial start of the fight, they are never topping off to 100% full on mana. Related to that, I'll do 700/150/370 on Strength/Dex/Intelligence to maximize the mana regen you get from Int.

Last edited:

Elrohir

Visitor
For T-Mapping, I use a non-tamer build, until you get to some specific fights or I want to follow up and tame some of the pets.
Gargoyle with 120Mysticism, 100 Carto, Lockpick, Focus, Magery, Resist, Remove Trap. I use Mysticism mastery to get Rising Colossus that are less able to be dispelled. The gear is high mana regen and lmc. I like this build because I'm not moving skills around as the treasure hunt progresses. The other item I use is a treasure map table vet reward. I consider this a must have for T-Mapping.

When I roll out with my tamer on T-Maps, I use a kind of odd build Cu that I was testing out. It seems to work well and I like it. The reason I kept this Cu is the natural low cold/high energy resists. In my view, this is the best resist you can get, for a Cu. Here's the build....
Thanks for the length response, I really appreciate it. Do you mind sharing an image of your Cu's resists, or noting what they are? You mentioned low cold/high energy, but didn't attach a image or specifics. Thanks in advance!

Ascalon

Adventurer
OH! I can't believe it, all those cut and pastes and I missed that. The low cold/high energy I'm referring to is 70/85 respectively. Here's a pic to show how I set the remaining points. This is kind of an unusual pet design, but it is really helpful for finishing off balrons and ancient worms on T-Maps, since it can double heal (Mysticism and Healing), double range attack (Mysticism Boulder and Goo), force aggro with bleed when they start to fly, and AI to get through resists. I don't know if I'd want this guy as my main pet to PvM with all the time, but I'm really happy having this build in my stable. Just a note, since I didn't say it before, but this guy was built with all scrolls that I solo T-Mapped.

Mapper Resists.jpg

Last edited: