• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing] Training past 95 skill

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The method to train this skill in UOGuide is to attempt to revive a dead player without him accepting it.

That doesn't sound very practical fo me to do as I would need someone to be dead and have lots of time to spend with my training.

Does anyone have another suggestion for training the skill to 120?

Thanks

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak of corruption and a healing macro. I just got mine up to 110 in a couple of days using this method and have trained healing previously like this a few times.

Macro: bandage self, delay 8-10 secs, bandage self etc etc.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Cloak of corruption and a healing macro. I just got mine up to 110 in a couple of days using this method and have trained healing previously like this a few times.

Macro: bandage self, delay 8-10 secs, bandage self etc etc.
OK thanks for that. guess I'll just work the negative karma up later :D

EDIT: Can't seem to get the macro to work...it heals once and then does not attempt to bandage again. When you setup the time to wait I just type the number 8 and in 8 seconds, right?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that's right it's the amount of seconds. I'll post a screenshot once I get home tonight. Are you playing in the classic or enhanced client?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was like that except with "bandage self".
Ah sorry I should of made myself clearer! Yes just drop the bandages into the macro, right click them and pick "self".

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Once in the 90's... healing moves very slowly. Even if self-bandaging all the time, the gains will be few and far between. So just be patient and know that this one won't be GM'ed over night.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Fight stuff that does big, but predictable damage. Something like the melee masters in BT you can fight to for skill gains and profit. Each one might take you 1 hour... but there's still generally a pretty high demand for the arties they drop, so you can probably sell them for good returns, or save them up as Basara suggested for some stuff of your own.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Fight stuff that does big, but predictable damage. Something like the melee masters in BT you can fight to for skill gains and profit. Each one might take you 1 hour... but there's still generally a pretty high demand for the arties they drop, so you can probably sell them for good returns, or save them up as Basara suggested for some stuff of your own.
Before that i need to get new armor because the BT minions almost kick my butt...