• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Training Ninjitsu nowadays

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I am currently at 73.2 skill and the gains are very, very slow.
I've been jumping around with Shadow Jump, but now it just decreased dramatically in gaining.

Bear in mind that I have to Melee skills as it's for my thief. I just need the animal forms and shadow jump for now.

I remember reading something about using a Golem and Focus Attack, but don't know if/how that works.

What is currently the best method to train Ninjitsu? I have been through UOGuide, but they mention I should use Shadow Jump at this point...

Thanks!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Assuming you have access to it I would equip max LMC/MR and 4/6 casting, max Med/Focus, Lich Form and a Shadow Wisp. Then record a macro to Shadow Jump 1 tile north, then 1 tile east, then 1 tile south, then 1 tile west. The reason for this is failing, if you fail a jump in one direction you will eventually end up over by a wall, with this macro you ensure that the next jump will always be in a direction with a valid tile. I found the best place to do this is near Luna stables. You can then loop the macro and do something else while it runs. I usually watch a film, so long as I can see my character and journal, there's no issue.

Later, you will need to be un-guilded and death strike spam a horse (with the same max mana regen setup, as they have no Wrestling you can use any weapon with high MR on to help, such as a Boomstick or 9 MR loot), make sure you've eaten the highest powerscroll before you start any of this by the way as that also affects gains.

Alacrity scroll if they're available on your shard and depending on the price might also be worth it. If you're positive karma you could try getting a Satyr to Discord you in Twisted Weald too when you get on to the Death Striking, I see other people do it though it has never made any noticeable difference to me.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Assuming you have access to it I would equip max LMC/MR and 4/6 casting, max Med/Focus, Lich Form and a Shadow Wisp. Then record a macro to Shadow Jump 1 tile north, then 1 tile east, then 1 tile south, then 1 tile west. The reason for this is failing, if you fail a jump in one direction you will eventually end up over by a wall, with this macro you ensure that the next jump will always be in a direction with a valid tile. I found the best place to do this is near Luna stables. You can then loop the macro and do something else while it runs. I usually watch a film, so long as I can see my character and journal, there's no issue.

Later, you will need to be un-guilded and death strike spam a horse (with the same max mana regen setup, as they have no Wrestling you can use any weapon with high MR on to help, such as a Boomstick or 9 MR loot), make sure you've eaten the highest powerscroll before you start any of this by the way as that also affects gains.

Alacrity scroll if they're available on your shard and depending on the price might also be worth it. If you're positive karma you could try getting a Satyr to Discord you in Twisted Weald too when you get on to the Death Striking, I see other people do it though it has never made any noticeable difference to me.
Thanks for the advice! From which skill level should I Spam Death Strike the horse?

Also how do you command the macro to jump 1 tile? I'm using the EC with Pinco's UI.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the advice! From which skill level should I Spam Death Strike the horse?

Also how do you command the macro to jump 1 tile? I'm using the EC with Pinco's UI.
From the moment you reach minimum skill for it. In fact where you are now I would probably throw on skill jewelry and start it now.

No idea I don't use the 'E'C. In UOA the macro is Cast Spell - Shadow Jump, wait for target, target relative (1 tile north), delay (have to test how much yourself as it's been a while since I've done it I would guess 100 is fine, actually I seem to remember there being a sound effect after landing that you have to wait for until you can cast it again so may be longer), then repeat for e, s, and w. Then for the loop time how long the total macro takes to play and add another 500ms to allow for lag.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
From the moment you reach minimum skill for it. In fact where you are now I would probably throw on skill jewelry and start it now.

No idea I don't use the 'E'C. In UOA the macro is Cast Spell - Shadow Jump, wait for target, target relative (1 tile north), delay (have to test how much yourself as it's been a while since I've done it I would guess 100 is fine), then repeat for e, s, and w. Then for the loop time how long the total macro takes to play and add another 500ms to allow for lag.
Thanks, I'll have to see how to do the same in EC.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Another thing I forgot.

For the Death Strike, do I need to tell the horse to kill me, guard me, etc? Do I just have to attack him while spamming Death Strike?