• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Nightmare's

A

anvira

I recently tamed a nightmare, and was curious if anyone had any suggestions where to train it. (Ive tried the spynx, its just too crowded in there, end up dead a lot). Also, what are conisidered good stats for these? Thank you so much!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on your vetting ...
I guess cyclops, titans, elder gazers, daemons would be fine. Maybe you could go and explore terrathan keep and orphidians lair a bit with it. . I am not shure about tokuno-spots, since I havent been often there. If there werent the 'problem' with paragon creatures showing up random, i would have been recommended the spiders cave in Ill and the terrathan matriarch there. With its nice respawn, its somewhat a challenge with only a mare. Same to efreet-spots in Ill.
If your looking for pure training, you could some dig out a shadow elemental for you. Or to have two mares of yours fight against each other. There is a work around for them not taking damage. (Not shure about since i dont like such methods but it has something to do with beeing guilded or not guilded.)

J

joblackjon

What he said above is very true.
As well a Tamer with Disco is a more effective trainer.

With Mares and Kits I always tame 2 so they can train together.

The fastest and most boring technique:
Disco a Shadow El and sic the pets on 'em. Trains everything except Resist. When the pets are a lot stronger, Disco them. When they near GM, un-Disco the El. To finish off Magery, Eval and Resist, Blue train the Discoed pets (it's called Blue training because you'll turn blue from extreme boredom!).

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like the rest have said, it's better to train two together. Before you start training, make sure you have a decentish nightmare. It's worth the time spending a couple of hours killing nightmares until you get one that you're happy with.

To start with I always start unguilding in trammel. Get them both to guard you and then attack each other. They'll take little to no damage but it will raise their magery, med, eval and resist. It will take absolutely ages and requires very little interaction from you, so you can take the opportunity to train your own skills or whatever.

Once you've GM'd those skills you'll have to get hold of a shadow elemental somehow and get them to attack it while you vet them. You can mine them up if you have a mining character. I think if you use a prospector's tool on a normal iron veins, then a garg's pickaxe you'll get a shadow elem eventually. (I think that's how it's done, it's been a while so I'd check.) This will max out anat, tactics and wrestling.

5% Luck

I like to hide in the earth ele room north of the sacrifice gate in ishnar for wrestling/tact/anat and have a pair if them spar in tram for their magery gains

I

imported_Tina Small

I like to train nightmares by going to the hedge maze. You can also take them to Wind, but it gets pretty boring there. Also, I think the combination of imps and daemons in the hedge maze (evil mages too if you go to Fel) makes a bit of a difference in raising magic resist as compared to going to Wind and just killing demons. It's also a great place to gain in the honor and sacrifice virtues.

If you do try the hedge maze and your nightmare jumps in the fenced area or over a hedge, don't forget you can use the "come" command to get it to return to you. Just make sure you leave enough room between your tamer and the fence or the hedge for it to land in when it jumps over.

I

imported_GFY

Well... you could always tame 2 of them and have them fight each other to train them up.

M

mutau

<blockquote><hr>

Once you've GM'd those skills you'll have to get hold of a shadow elemental somehow and get them to attack it while you vet them. You can mine them up if you have a mining character. I think if you use a prospector's tool on a normal iron veins, then a garg's pickaxe you'll get a shadow elem eventually. (I think that's how it's done, it's been a while so I'd check.) This will max out anat, tactics and wrestling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also head to Yomotsu mines. Have a macro made for invisi spell. eat a petal before running in. precast invisi. Area peace if something targets you and hide if you can't shake them. In the mines are 2 shadow eles. If you are comfortable with luring the spawn away, you could isolate those 2 eles or just one in the corners of the mines away from the spawn and have some pretty good undisturbed training. only people who come through are usually trainers and a few ghosts. If you are on pacific and need help with that, PM me.