• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training healing

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok i wanted to try to use 5 snakes to train it but it looks too clunky to me, at least in trammel. This skill it's making me struggle so much :( I was wandering if it's possible to hit 120 having my tamer 100 magery and 120 disco, any clues?? Thank you

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Others can tell you the methods, but on LS they are training healing right away. They put the Chiv on last.

I've seen 2 with 120 healing already. Mine still in the 90s.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes i knew about the chiv so i didn't put it in but still having issues. Discoing the pet and casting poison it's working at the moment but not sure i can hit 120 with 100 magery... Maybe @Khaelor @Pawain or @Khyro can give a good alternative :p

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Ok i wanted to try to use 5 snakes to train it but it looks too clunky to me, at least in trammel. This skill it's making me struggle so much :( I was wandering if it's possible to hit 120 having my tamer 100 magery and 120 disco, any clues?? Thank you
Discord definitely helps, and is necessary after 110 healing skill. In your post you don't mention what kind of animal it is. If it's a Cu, Lion, Sabretooth, or Triceratops you can simply spam the poison spell on it. If it's a CU you can take it to Eodon and teleport onto one of the small islands and lure a Dimetrosuar over to it.

If it's the Triton then you have to find some animal like snakes or dimetrosuars to use the poison skill on it. Casting won't work because of the high magic resist. Though I wonder if that one trap room in Doom will poison it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One guy said he GM poisons it while it is discoed. He complained it took 2 days. Also dispair song.
Also say all stop.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I didn't know if you would be able to land poison with the Tritons high resist, but apparently discord takes it down enough. My question now would be is the Triton actually healing the poison, or is it wearing off on its own quickly due to the high resist.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My pup has only 153.9 resist but once discoed it drops down to 110.9 with a normal gm instrument, gotta try a elemntal one

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm wait...maybe I'm not getting it. You need to have both magery and poisoning???
Poisoning increases the level of the poison. But try what you have after disco. If he gets poisoned, that all that is needed. cast poison on it and if he turns green you are set to repeat over and over till the snake guys respond.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes the pup gets poisoned after disco and rn healing is going up slowly but steadily. I'll keep going like this and I will update whenever I should hit 120 or a wall :p

P.S. Forgot to ask something... @Pawain when I disco my pup all the skills drop but healing remains unchanged, is that a bug or it actually doesn't change??

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i have five 1 slot snakes trained to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning on an alt account, and they work great for training Healing on a pet, Cu or Triton. They constantly inflict Lethal Poison (Lvl 5), and with Consume Damage running on my pet, he'll out regen the Snakes damage output. Gains Healing real fast, and once i get it set up, i can basically just sit there and watch a movie or YouTube.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, i have five 1 slot snakes trained to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning on an alt account, and they work great for training Healing on a pet, Cu or Triton. They constantly inflict Lethal Poison (Lvl 5), and with Consume Damage running on my pet, he'll out regen the Snakes damage output. Gains Healing real fast, and once i get it set up, i can basically just sit there and watch a movie or YouTube.
Do you use this method in tram or fel? I've been doing it in tram and, despite having 2 toons on different accos and same guild, i didn't find a consistent way to make the snakes attack the triton unless putting them on guard and doing the opposite. This gets extremely clunky especially because very often the triton manages to bite and 1 shot 1 or 2 snakes and, when this doesn't happen, you have to pray that the toons stay in "the heat of the battle" mode or the pets will keep fighting each other doing no damage thus the poison wont fire... Im testing legendary disco+gm magery poison and right now im at 106.6 but looks like im hitting a substantial skill wall :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you use this method in tram or fel? I've been doing it in tram and, despite having 2 toons on different accos and same guild, i didn't find a consistent way to make the snakes attack the triton unless putting them on guard and doing the opposite. This gets extremely clunky especially because very often the triton manages to bite and 1 shot 1 or 2 snakes and, when this doesn't happen, you have to pray that the toons stay in "the heat of the battle" mode or the pets will keep fighting each other doing no damage thus the poison wont fire... Im testing legendary disco+gm magery poison and right now im at 106.6 but looks like im hitting a substantial skill wall :(
If you are doing one at a time. Tell the snakes to attack. Tell the Triton to stop. (Name stop) Has to be a one word name. Or click it. If it starts wondering. Stay.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Problem is that the snake wont attack, it only does it automatically if I put it on guard of the char and then I attack him with the Triton

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just a quick update, logging off at 109.1 healing. Yesterday i was in the 86ish, it looks like its working but gains are becoming more and more and more and more hard to get, not sure i can hit the 120...we'll see ;)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tram. I simply tell the Triton to follow me, then i sick the Snakes on him, and tell the Triton to follow once more. He won't defend himself if he's set to follow, so he won't cast Chiv spells to cure, but he'll still use Healing to cure himself.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do you have the block war on pets option checked in options on that account?
Thank you sooooo much Doc, that was the issue :) The 120 disco+100 magery its working pretty solid atm but i will try the snakes on my white cu, thanks everyone for your precious advices. One more thing is unclear, is the healing value on the lore gump bugged when the pet is under disco? Cause it doesn't change accordingly even if the gains are clearly muuuuuuuuuch better when the pup is under the effect...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The other things like magic resist drop so the pet is poisoned easier and longer.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So, if i understand it correctly, healing itself doesn't drop but being magic resist affected the pup gets poisoned easier and longer therefore healing trains at a faster pace, right?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, if i understand it correctly, healing itself doesn't drop but being magic resist affected the pup gets poisoned easier and longer therefore healing trains at a faster pace, right?
Healing itself does drop under Discord, it just doesn't display it in the lore window.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Healing itself does drop under Discord, it just doesn't display it in the lore window.
I'll consider this one the ultimate answer :) Thank you so much guys, your help was very appreciated. I hit 120 healing and all i can say is that fully trained snakes+disco is what worked better, gains are damn solid. The only cons is that you can't go afk because your pup will be beaten pretty hard. I can confirm that i kept getting gains even by disco+magery poisoning in the late 117 tho, so just fyi, you can 120 healing that way too ;)

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also the anatomy drops by the successful discord - down to -28% max - and the decreased anatomy also affects the healing ... if the discorded anatomy would drop below 60.0 - the healing trainee cannot successfully cure when poisoned ...