• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

training healing on pets - what is everyone doing?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So ive been picking away at training healing on a lot of my pets and ive found it kinda a grind.
while sitting here working it i wondered if anyone else had a different way to work it?

what im doing -
i disco my pet to get its Anat down, then i just spam poison spell on it while running the whispering mastery.

i wonder if maybe going to the slimes would be faster?

i wonder if casting fields instead of direct poison would be faster?

what are you folks all doing?

i had been training it up for a while, got bored, left it, let it raise normally through game play but now im noticing that it really does not gain a lot near cap through normal game play, so now im back to training by hand.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I go to twisted weald; attack a satry. He discos pet. I tell pet to stop and follow saytr; i tell pet to follow the satry. I then cast on pet while whatever the saytr provked onto it. I do that and use whisper. Still a heck of a grind though.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two accounts. First account with pet stones on poisoning and has eval...if not, stones eval on. Second account with bard discoes pet. First account casts poison...you want the "extreme pain" or above. Fast gains. Second account heals when possible to keep pet alive. Works for me...still slow, although not too bad until above 110, but faster than anything I've tried. Having poison at GM on the caster helps more than anything I've found. Throw whisper in and it's not too bad....

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to that place right across the river from the dinosaurs. Lure a poison-spewing dino to the edge, and have my pet attack it. Neither one can cross the river. Yay.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Two accounts. First account with pet stones on poisoning and has eval...if not, stones eval on. Second account with bard discoes pet. First account casts poison...you want the "extreme pain" or above. Fast gains. Second account heals when possible to keep pet alive. Works for me...still slow, although not too bad until above 110, but faster than anything I've tried. Having poison at GM on the caster helps more than anything I've found. Throw whisper in and it's not too bad....
interesting.... i wonder why having a higher level poison would do anything.
well, i have a lot of GM mages with poison laying around, ill test it out!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually having a higher level of poison did seem to increase the skills gains.

Neton

Journeyman
Go to that place right across the river from the dinosaurs. Lure a poison-spewing dino to the edge, and have my pet attack it. Neither one can cross the river. Yay.
this is by far the easiest, if not the best, way to gain healing. raising healing is pain in the xxx and it takes forever and lots of attention. this method i could just leave the pet and it will get poisoned and raise skill. just make sure your character is not in the proximity of the poison breath.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> not in the proximity of the poison breath.
Try ninja dog form.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also to raise poison nicely it is probably best not to have Chiv or any healing magic on pet..So they will use just their innate healing otherwise it will really take long time..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Also to raise poison nicely it is probably best not to have Chiv or any healing magic on pet..So they will use just their innate healing otherwise it will really take long time..
Saying "All Follow Me" and then "All Stop" resolves that issue. It make the pet stop using any forms of magic and from attacking... it just stands there and uses it's healing skill to cure.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am probably repeating this but ... wait with adding max hit point regen until you had trained healing up to where you want it ... I usually keep hit point regen as low as in the range of 5-8 - not more ...

[EDIT]
Cu_sidhe_healing_03.jpg
[Shame - level 5 - the "island area" with the diseased blood elementals] - bring disco bard and pet - don't fall off chair while you had fallen asleep ...

Cu_sidhe_healing_&_discordance_04.jpg
[west of the Sakkhra tribe...][/EDIT]

Last edited:

Put Put

Visitor
This is what I use, but the key thing is doing it before training a magic skill. Like I did a 4 slot cu to 120 healing in a day. But doing that on a 5 slot with mystic and it will take much longer. Mostly because the pet will dump his mana and not use healing nearly as often. Discording it works wonders but if you have another magic he goes empty on mana and you'll have to supplement heal on him or take discord off till he heals himself back to full.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So ive been picking away at training healing on a lot of my pets and ive found it kinda a grind.
while sitting here working it i wondered if anyone else had a different way to work it?

what im doing -
i disco my pet to get its Anat down, then i just spam poison spell on it while running the whispering mastery.

i wonder if maybe going to the slimes would be faster?

i wonder if casting fields instead of direct poison would be faster?

what are you folks all doing?

i had been training it up for a while, got bored, left it, let it raise normally through game play but now im noticing that it really does not gain a lot near cap through normal game play, so now im back to training by hand.
Why disco Anatomy down? Lower Anatomy helps with healing training? ty..

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Why disco Anatomy down? Lower Anatomy helps with healing training? ty..
seems too.
pets need to cross 60 or 80 before they can cure, so if you can knock them down below that level then they will keep healing over and over.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I go to my Fel house and cat poison with a 120 eval and 100 poisoning mage. Consume allows enough Regen to hit that it keeps it alive.