• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Training gains on my bard

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I'm adding disco to my bard. His music is 120 and he started with 50 (soulstoned from a new char). Using NPC lute's.

He's been training constantly on 10 Gamans for about 12hrs (disco all, invis for 14seconds, repeat) and he's now at 65.3

Would you consider this "normal" gains? Seems a bit slooooo to me....

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I'm adding disco to my bard. His music is 120 and he started with 50 (soulstoned from a new char). Using NPC lute's.

He's been training constantly on 10 Gamans for about 12hrs (disco all, invis for 14seconds, repeat) and he's now at 65.3

Would you consider this "normal" gains? Seems a bit slooooo to me....
Disco is increadibly slow, boring and tedius to train. This sounds normal to me.

What you would want to do if you want to speed up your gains is dropping your musicmanship to 100 instead of 120.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disco is increadibly slow, boring and tedius to train. This sounds normal to me.

What you would want to do if you want to speed up your gains is dropping your musicmanship to 100 instead of 120.
Thx for the input... What I might do is stone the 120 real on this char, and work up 100 music on another and transfer.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been thinking about your suggestion of lowering my music to 100 and I must admit that it confuses me... I've seen this same suggestion in other threads so there must be something to it, but I don't understand how this can matter.

Lowering my music suggests to me that I'm essentially lowering my chance to discord. If this increases my "gain rate", then that would mean that I would gain "better" by failing more often. Why would I gain better by failing more often? What effects the "gain rate" of discord? I have been under the impression that if I am discording animals that are of the proper "barding difficulty" for my current disco level, then gains simply are the result of the number of attempts... Is this incorrect?

Please help me understand the dynamics of disco gains...

Thx for any input here.
:confused:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when you are training a bard skill you raise your music to 100 and you lock it there.

end of sentance.

with 100 in the music skill that means you pass the first phase of the barding check, the music check, 100% of the time.

which is EXACTLLY what you want, cause then it goes onto the 2nd barding check your provo or peac or disco, whatever you are working.
which, again, is what you want.

if your music is BELOW 100, you run the risk of not passing the first barding check, and if you dont pass the first barding check then you dont even get a attempt at the 2nd barding check.

and since we are training we WANT the 2nd barding checks as much as humanlly (or elf-lly) possible.

now, why dont we go OVER 100 music.
cause if you do, then you get into the bonus are for barding skills.
and we dont want the bonus cause that messes up your 2nd barding check by adding a bonus onto it.

we want pure raw numbers pushing through the first barding check and hammering straight onto the 2nd barding check!!!!!

RRRrraarrrrwwwww!!!! (bard attacking the barding check!)

make scence?

D

Demoquin84

What if you do go over the 100 music and just bard bigger and badder targets that will keep you in the 40-60 range?

C

Capt.E

Or if you really want to make it crazy you could use an opposite slayer instrument on a monster. The bard calculator is your friend. Use it.

L

LionUWF

welp i tested last night and it does work, but when u hit cu's will turn into a nightmare trying to keep the barding difficulty high enough, and i dont think theres anything higher then a cu that doesnt mage cast?

I

IgorBR

Just drop music to 100, why would you want to do something harder?
It's easy.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry

was at work and buisy for once.

k, you CAN go above GM music, you will just need to hunt bigger game.

when i did my disco the first time i did it with 120 music and i didnt wanna drop it.

so i ended up discoing stuff like the tenticles of the harrower and stuff like that and i was able to get to 120 with no problem.
just a lot more work.

granted..... i also made a pot'o gold while training!!!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry

was at work and buisy for once.

k, you CAN go above GM music, you will just need to hunt bigger game.

when i did my disco the first time i did it with 120 music and i didnt wanna drop it.

so i ended up discoing stuff like the tenticles of the harrower and stuff like that and i was able to get to 120 with no problem.
just a lot more work.

granted..... i also made a pot'o gold while training!!!
This is exactly what I was thinking, but it's nice to hear it from Poo (since he has forgotten more than I will probably ever know about barding)...

Thx Poo
:thumbup:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
huh?

what..... wher.....

oh hell, where's my apple sauce and my walker?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you wanted to go that route i would use the barding calculator, set your music to 120 and then just start hitting up all the different things till you get to the ones that will get you into the 50% range.

i hear the sphynx is good too.

never did it myself.
but i hear its good for high end training.