• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training ferrets...

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello -

So I have 2 ferrets I am trying to train up. I have read the sticky training thread and I think I am following it correctly. I am working on the up to 65 leg of the trip at the moment and seem to be getting stuck I am trying to train them both at the same time if that is possible. We are not talking dragons or mares here we are talking ferrets.

Anyway after a few minutes they both stop taking damage and skill gain seems to stop. I assume I need to have them attack again to keep the gains going?

It has been many years since I have played around with taming and training so any advice would be great.

Thanks - Schuyler

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, after a while they turn blue again and will stop doing damage. Just tell them to attack again and all will be good.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're training by sparring, do it in Fel, then they don't stop doing damage to each other.

At that level though I'd train them on gaman, or polar bears. Gaman should get them to 80, bears to 83.

If you had disco I'd be tempted to disco them and work the gaman to 100, but you could also move on to harpies (use the ilsh nest, park ferrets outside and take 1 harpy at a time out to see how they cope) or go to the Delucia passage and use lava lizards.

Wenchy

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Farsight and Wenchy - I will go at it again this evening using your advice.

R

RichDC

Kinda cheating,

Get a friend to dig up a shadow ele, tank it with a cu or drag...doesnt matter.

And hit away, generaly shadow eles spawn at around 80 wrestle (the shadow will gain to gm on the drag or cu) and you will rocket up to all gm's