• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Dread Mare

Zip_81

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone can someone please tell me how to train a dread mare with a nightmare in tram so they dont damage each other?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is called Blue training and only works on RS, EI, MAG, MED.

Unless you are really good I find it is best to get a tamer friend to help. Have him/her stand beside one pet and vet it for you, you stand beside the other.

You must be guilded and the pets should be bonded. Give the mare the "all kill" and target the warhorse, and vice versa. Vet your butts off, in a few moments the pet grumps will turn blue. At that point they are no longer inflicting physical damage. At no point should the words "guard me" escape your lips, doing so turns them back to green and resets the timer.

Now you have to do something to stay logged in, so I suggest training magery or some other skill that will keep you active while your pets cast on each other.

Now some players try to block the pets from making physical contact with each other at the beginning while they are green. Physically blocking pets is against the ROC and can lead to account action.

Frankly I don't see the need or benefit to doing this, I have done this solo just by setting 2 vet macro's in UOA. You only have to vet the 2 pets for 3-4 minutes until they turn blue...hence the name...blue training!

good luck!

TW

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found it even easier to be NOT guilded in Tram. I usually drop guild, tell both pets to guard me three or four times, and then fireball or magic arrow each of them. Away you go, they'll fight until you tell them to stop, and you're job will be to keep them well fed and happy.