• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Dire Wolves going wrong

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have trained many pets till now and never encountered this issue before but as slot jumping seems to be a common theme at the moment I'll run this one past the experts.

I am now on to my 15th+ Dire Wolf, first 2 of which I bonded with potions and appear to be wasted. The others I waited out the week thinking I maybe made an error.

Anyhoo, I go out, I get a bunch of 1 slot Dire wolves, check and double check them, bond them and start the training process. I then check them again, they have always shown 1>4. At some point between 0-20% in the training process they are ticking up to 2>4.

I am aware that stats do reflect slots in some way, but a dire wolves stats are so piss poor how can it possibly justify the jump to 2>4 before making a single training round. The poor things barely have 80 HP alone making it a nightmare to train and keep alive! A 2 slot Nightmare has waaaaaaay more stats/skills and I've never had one of those tick up to 3>5 'during' the training process. Just doesent make sense.

Is this really intended? Or part of this on going slot jumping bug?

I just wanted to make a bit of a fun pet and I've now wasted a ton of time and some $ for nothing.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can probably answer my own question now, just saw the post regarding 2 Slot Mares and see there is a fix in process. Guess I shouldnt have gone on holiday for a few weeks!

Case closed, sadly. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You really should wait till the publish that is supposed to fix that goes live... after the 15th...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What if you already started training and your pet is now from 1-->5 to 2-->5 stage? Will the "fix" prevent any further slot jumping? Or do I have to delete all pets and start from scratch?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What if you already started training and your pet is now from 1-->5 to 2-->5 stage? Will the "fix" prevent any further slot jumping? Or do I have to delete all pets and start from scratch?
It will definitely prevent any further slot jumping.. and my understanding from being on TC and testing some of the stuff is any pet that was impacted by the slot jumping bug will go back a level as it should be. At least the Dev in charge of that situation was asking people to bring specific pets that did not go back a level to him so he could take a first hand look at them in order to code what needed to be changed with that specific type of pet.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It will definitely prevent any further slot jumping.. and my understanding from being on TC and testing some of the stuff is any pet that was impacted by the slot jumping bug will go back a level as it should be. At least the Dev in charge of that situation was asking people to bring specific pets that did not go back a level to him so he could take a first hand look at them in order to code what needed to be changed with that specific type of pet.
So when I get home i need to do a character copy to test and see if all my dire wolves are showing 1>4?

And if they are not, what's the procedure? Report as bug? Or something else?

Excuse my ignorance, as I rarely use test purely due to extreme latency (In SE Asia).

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
. and my understanding from being on TC and testing some of the stuff is any pet that was impacted by the slot jumping bug will go back a level as it should be. At least the Dev in charge of that situation was asking people to bring specific pets that did not go back a level to him so he could take a first hand look at them in order to code what needed to be changed with that specific type of pet.
Wrong.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So when I get home i need to do a character copy to test and see if all my dire wolves are showing 1>4?

And if they are not, what's the procedure? Report as bug? Or something else?

Excuse my ignorance, as I rarely use test purely due to extreme latency (In SE Asia).
Tame a bunch of 1-4 slot dire wolves before patch, wait til after patch to train them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have trained many pets till now and never encountered this issue before but as slot jumping seems to be a common theme at the moment I'll run this one past the experts.

I am now on to my 15th+ Dire Wolf, first 2 of which I bonded with potions and appear to be wasted. The others I waited out the week thinking I maybe made an error.

Anyhoo, I go out, I get a bunch of 1 slot Dire wolves, check and double check them, bond them and start the training process. I then check them again, they have always shown 1>4. At some point between 0-20% in the training process they are ticking up to 2>4.

I am aware that stats do reflect slots in some way, but a dire wolves stats are so piss poor how can it possibly justify the jump to 2>4 before making a single training round. The poor things barely have 80 HP alone making it a nightmare to train and keep alive! A 2 slot Nightmare has waaaaaaay more stats/skills and I've never had one of those tick up to 3>5 'during' the training process. Just doesent make sense.

Is this really intended? Or part of this on going slot jumping bug?

I just wanted to make a bit of a fun pet and I've now wasted a ton of time and some $ for nothing.
Yeah hopefully the new patch fixed this. I was really ready to train up a hellhound, only to find they were 2 slots for some laughable reason, so I moved on to direwolves which could spawn at 1 slot but then... poof 2 slots out of nowhere. I brought it up to the devs, but they just basically said "that's how it is", as tames are now slot valued by a calculation rather than by type. It was a stupid choice IMO, but I guess we have to live with it.