• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] Training Cooking

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Cooking FAQ says to just make bread all the way to GM, except for fish steaks when you hit a wall. In reading the various posts and suggestions, there seems to be better ways to train cooking. I'm starting out at 50 skill points of Cooking and would like comments on the best way I should work the skill to GM.

Thanks, Katrena

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is depends on how much time and cost you can afford or desire. I had more than 20,000 fishsteaks saved up from fishing so I just cooked fishsteaks, 500 at a shot, at first. It was quick and easy but then I had 20,000 fishsteaks and a forge to cook them on in my house. At the higher levels I did various recipes and used a few cooking talismans to get my skill to a better skill gain per attempt (apples, fruit bowls, grapes of wrath and miso soup)

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I sailed to the new sea market, stood on my boat and bought lots and lots of fishes from a NPC fisher. They fell to the floor because I could not carry them, but standing on my own property (i.e.: ship) nobody could steal them from me. I cooked the fishes while still standing there with that portable cooking device :pancakes: :pancakes: :pancakes: . I forgot the name. You have to place it next to your feet to make it work. I put the cooked fish in the ship's hold where a commodity deed can be created so I could carry it home more easily. I don't know what to do with 80k oder 120k fish steaks, but once in a while I do find somebody who is happy to take 10k as a gift. Cost: I am not sure, maybe 10, maybe 100k. I went up to I think 75 in a few minutes. I cannot provide exact figures and I didn't train to GM. But if you don't mind the cost and want the skill to rise in very few minutes, this might be the way to go for you too. I think there are four fish types, 500 pieces of each type all the time. Prices might go up after a few. I read that cooking only one fish steak at a time might mean more skill gains and thus less fish used, but honestly if I had to do one fish steak at a time I would completely freak out because of this dull, repetitive movement :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: :cursing::cursing::cursing: :dunce: :fight::fight::fight: :wall::wall::wall:. A few 100k of gold surely do not hurt as much. I don't know if this will take you to GM level. You might want to get a few pack horses (and probably a second account with even more packhorses) and go visit a satyr who will gladly help you gain. I assume GM level with fish steaks while under satyr-effect should be possible.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used an alacrity scroll and 60 000 fish steaks from 30ish to 99.5 in 15 minutes and another 15 min prep time! :) to finish off i am working on egg bombs