• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Training begging reminds me of taming

C

Cat Crimson

Yes begging is a painful target based skill to raise. Like taming. But unlike taming, begging is a skill meant for pleasure, fun and an amusing title, and to get a little gold and some nifty little items, as well as a great base for role playing. Its not to have uber power or pets. Its something a little offbeat in a world that has sadly come to reflect the real one, ie all about who has the most power/items/epeen etc.

*gets off her soapbox, which naturally was begged from a passing salesman on his way to the sadly deserted Buccs Den baths*

I

imported_Archiv

I think that's a problem when the skills that are meant for fun are so boring and unrewarding to train (in a manner of a gaming perspective) where as skills that make one powerful and rich (again in a manner of gaming perspective) are realitively easy to gain.

I've never gm'd begging though I have started it on several toons over the years. Personally I'd love it if it were easier to use, not to be read as easier to gain necessarily but maybe cut that wait time a little, maybe make it less stress on the click, target, wait, click, target, wait... This is of course meant for the actual skill itself, not the rp aspect which has less to do with the actual begging skill and more to do with the players ability to do more then hack an slash.

None the less, once again I have started yet another begger from scratch and am wondering why all these elves carry around extra pitchers of water and loaves of french bread..french elves?

My thoughts, take them or leave them

G

Yeah the timer is annoying on begging, what you have to catch your breath between saying please sir might you have a coin? It's not like you can spam it either since each "target" is only going to reward you once in a time period (dunno what the time is between "gifting").

Rey~