• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Bane Dragon

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone
I am looking for suggestions for a Bane Dragon build with AI, and of course magery that came with it.
I went through the first stage of training and added AI and then copied to TC1.
This Bane will be used mostly for single target.
Do you think it would be viable with just AI?
Right now without committing, the bane would be 9X120, AI, 700HP, 525 Mana, 550 STR, and all regens maxed. That will leave me 111 free points.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Drexx, There are some fine builds for banes.. because of their passive all banes already come with amazing aoe built in...many go double aoe with exp goo or V.bite..as it just melts everything around them... but if you intend it for pure single target and not spawn clearing Ai, magery works very well for them... as the passive will still fire off doing great damage and poisoning.. The best tip I can give is make sure you increase its str to 700 and max its base damage out in the last round of training.. These 2 stats are the diff between a armor ignore for 80-90 and 120-165(with all 120) ... aside from that 150 dex and stam for increased swing speed and 20% ground speed..For Regens I normally go 20,5,30 on them.. as 120 focus will passive give the pet +12-14 stam regen..and as long as the pet has 700-800 Hp very few things are going to lower its stam/swing speed with those stats..Ive seen many take 0 stam regen because of thise and still maintain max swing speed in the worse of damage.But everyones play style is abit different.. I would try different values and see how you like the feel on test with the things you intend it for.... if you want I would gladly meet you on test and let you try a few premade banes I have.. to see if you like the way they handle.. We can talk shop and more about what effects what on them,.. but if not I will glady answer any questions here as well.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Donavon, thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of this. I was able to copy my tamer to TC and that's where I got the numbers I stated earlier in my post. I would greatly value the opportunity to talk shop with you as being a returning player and faced with animal training is often overwhelming... Also very fun! I'm sure the tamers at the crazed mage are getting irritated answering my questions daily! LOL. Do you have ICQ? I will be heading to TC immediately, and am currently in Luna at the stables if you're around now.

Thanks again!

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Donavon, thanks again for meeting with me! It was a ton of fun, and I learned a lot as well. Bane is finished now, and I'll post pics soon. Not quite as tweaked as yours, but I think it'll put up a fight!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good evening Drexx, There are some fine builds for banes.. because of their passive all banes already come with amazing aoe built in...many go double aoe with exp goo or V.bite..as it just melts everything around them... but if you intend it for pure single target and not spawn clearing Ai, magery works very well for them... as the passive will still fire off doing great damage and poisoning.. The best tip I can give is make sure you increase its str to 700 and max its base damage out in the last round of training.. These 2 stats are the diff between a armor ignore for 80-90 and 120-165(with all 120) ... aside from that 150 dex and stam for increased swing speed and 20% ground speed..For Regens I normally go 20,5,30 on them.. as 120 focus will passive give the pet +12-14 stam regen..and as long as the pet has 700-800 Hp very few things are going to lower its stam/swing speed with those stats..Ive seen many take 0 stam regen because of thise and still maintain max swing speed in the worse of damage.But everyones play style is abit different.. I would try different values and see how you like the feel on test with the things you intend it for.... if you want I would gladly meet you on test and let you try a few premade banes I have.. to see if you like the way they handle.. We can talk shop and more about what effects what on them,.. but if not I will glady answer any questions here as well.. =^-^=
I dont have a bane, but what is the passive they have? Is is area deadly poison? Do they cast it or it procs with melee? Is it trainable or in accordance with their poisoning? Do they also have magery inn again.
Thanks

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I dont have a bane, but what is the passive they have? Is is area deadly poison? Do they cast it or it procs with melee? Is it trainable or in accordance with their poisoning? Do they also have magery inn again.
Thanks
Also are they very expensive untrained?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Cel.. the banes passive comes pre loaded and does not appear on the lore list it works kind of like RS only better ... as in it can negate debuffs, and negates a % of damage from other moves then fires a fire/poison damage attack back at what ever sent the attack... depending on the distance of the target it will be anywhere from L. poison.. to just normal poison once the damage effective hits..The str of the passive is hard coded into the banes and is not affected by poison skill( eval gives it alittle more power oddly)This passive does not use a normal mana bar but rather a 2nd one that is filled by feeding them stew.. every so often you must feed them stew to keep this passive charged.. They come with magery loaded and can have 2 other moves added... The prices of banes vary from shard to shard.. on most a decent bane is 50-70 mill.. while the 4.0 and up are like 100-150 millish... So just a fast recap.. they do poison but its proced off things attacking them(be it debuffs,spells,special moves, or just melee hits),The proc also does amazing burst damage, They come with magery and have room for 2 more moves.. Hope this helps mate... =^-^=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good morning Cel.. the banes passive comes pre loaded and does not appear on the lore list it works kind of like RS only better ... as in it can negate debuffs, and negates a % of damage from other moves then fires a fire/poison damage attack back at what ever sent the attack... depending on the distance of the target it will be anywhere from L. poison.. to just normal poison once the damage effective hits..The str of the passive is hard coded into the banes and is not affected by poison skill( eval gives it alittle more power oddly)This passive does not use a normal mana bar but rather a 2nd one that is filled by feeding them stew.. every so often you must feed them stew to keep this passive charged.. They come with magery loaded and can have 2 other moves added... The prices of banes vary from shard to shard.. on most a decent bane is 50-70 mill.. while the 4.0 and up are like 100-150 millish... So just a fast recap.. they do poison but its proced off things attacking them(be it debuffs,spells,special moves, or just melee hits),The proc also does amazing burst damage, They come with magery and have room for 2 more moves.. Hope this helps mate... =^-^=
Thanks greatly for info..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Doe the stew make them a high maint. pet? Expensive to give stew how often? Do they use meat for food also?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening,Cel, Whitesmith is correct... the stew grants 5k for the 2nd unseen mana pool.. There are 2 ways to use this bar up steady use or time.. 208 mana passively poofs off a bane every hour so even if its not in use you will have to feed it stew every 24 hours to keep the passive firing strong.. stews are fairly cheap... and the recipe can still be farmed by each of your toons once on every shard. by doing A dish best served cold ( A Dish Best Served Cold – Ultima Online ) or just buying it off players for 5-30k... either way tis not hard to come by.. Banes can only eat 2 things.. stew and the tasty treatys.... You can get these out of T chest or the quest you can do every 24 hours ( Tasty Treats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ) . While the treats will increase happiness only the stew refills the passive 2nd mana bar.. Just because I feel it will be asked.. the passive on a bane cost 1 mana of the unseen mana bar... ( sorry guys we have kept that in the dark long enough) So 5k procs,24 hours or any combo of the 2 and you will have to feed it stew again... Hope this helps mate.and once again sorry to the other testers.. I know we have been keeping most of the bane math under lock and key.. but I feel the time is right.. and am praying this doesn't end with a nerf to them.... . =^-^=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Good evening,Cel, Whitesmith is correct... the stew grants 5k for the 2nd unseen mana pool.. There are 2 ways to use this bar up steady use or time.. 208 mana passively poofs off a bane every hour so even if its not in use you will have to feed it stew every 24 hours to keep the passive firing strong.. stews are fairly cheap... and the recipe can still be farmed by each of your toons once on every shard. by doing A dish best served cold ( A Dish Best Served Cold – Ultima Online ) or just buying it off players for 5-30k... either way tis not hard to come by.. Banes can only eat 2 things.. stew and the tasty treatys.... You can get these out of T chest or the quest you can do every 24 hours ( Tasty Treats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia ) . While the treats will increase happiness only the stew refills the passive 2nd mana bar.. Just because I feel it will be asked.. the passive on a bane cost 1 mana of the unseen mana bar... ( sorry guys we have kept that in the dark long enough) So 5k procs,24 hours or any combo of the 2 and you will have to feed it stew again... Hope this helps mate.and once again sorry to the other testers.. I know we have been keeping most of the bane math under lock and key.. but I feel the time is right.. and am praying this doesn't end with a nerf to them.... . =^-^=
Thanks for the info..

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can you please explain the link between HP needing to be 700 to 800 to not take stam loss?
120 focus will passive give the pet +12-14 stam regen..and as long as the pet has 700-800 Hp very few things are going to lower its stam/swing speed with those stats..Ive seen many take 0 stam regen because of thise and still maintain max swing speed in the worse of damage. =^-^=

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
also can we talk about the magic choices a bit more. I read about the Chiv/ AI build... and it was also said adding another AOE melts hords of monsters. Someone said magery is an option for low Str Banes, would that include just AI? or something else? Would it be foolish to use a diff special rather then AI? (i do understand AI is best for single target dmg). I just like to hear what has been tried, what doesnt work, and just talk a bit. TIA

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Timothy, I'm up taking my morning breathing treatment and figured I would check the forums.. Honestly with the new pets it really depends on what you are fighting ,the resistances of the pet /damage type of what you are fighting as well.. a pet with 500-600 with say 75-80 fire RS fighting something with 80-100% fire damage will see lil stam lose as well.. But the reason many that can take a lot of their pets to 700-800HP (especially with a chiv build ) is because stam lose is mostly based on how much spike damage a pet takes and how long it remains at that low lvl can effect the swing speed based off its stam regen and how often the pet heals or is healed by its master.. a pet with say 100 Hp would be at 100% HP... say a beasty hits it for 10 that leaves the pet at 90%HP not to big of a hit... so the pet more then likely would not take a stam lose.. but then say the pet is hit for 20.. that's 20% in one hit.. that would cause a lose of some stam and lower the swing speed.. there are of course other things that cause stam lose , such as moves, and spells that hit pets.. but the increase HP just increases the threshold for normal spike stam lose.. Its more about what you will be fighting, the pet and how ya belt it.. as well made pet can easily be in the 500-600 HP range and be as effective as one at 700-800hp..

Bane Dragons are one of those pets that its fine to have them at 500-600 HP as their passive allows them to side step a lot of damage there for keeping their swing speed at max through the worst of aoe.. There are many fine build for banes atm.. If you like I have a few of the spec already maxed out and would not mind meeting you on test and allowing you to test drive them.. The pure single target chiv build is pretty sexy if the pets has the value to pull it off... its just Ai and chiv.. allowing for the huge burst of Ai and chiv combo.,.. while melting the lands with the banes passive.. My 2nd favorite is the Goo, Ai, magery bane.. This plays off the bane being able to buffs itself with magery/eval combo to increase melee and AI damage, and the pure power of goo and the banes passive just sending a double barreled shot gun of damage to everything around it in the from of the 1 , 2, goo and bane passive firing off all the time.. very effective for clearing thick spawns groups.. There are many many ,more and some interesting one I've seen other people make that are fairly effective too..

Armor ignore is the king of single target.. there are other combos that have been made that play off the players build to buff their damage that are super effective as well.. but for pure damage out put this one move is the one best tailored for most fights and in my view most pets that can have this should use it in their spec.. but that's for my play style.. its always best to go to test and see if you like the other build such as the pet buff builds...then make a choice on if the move works best for ya,, Hope this helps mate.. sorry if its abit hard to understand.. I'm freshly awake, take a breathing treatment , and rather sleeply.. hehe.. if ya have any other questions feel free to post here, or message me as there are many fine testers here that will share their build and finding with ya as well.. until then.. have a wonderful day =^-^=

Timothy4464

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Timothy, If you like I have a few of the spec already maxed out and would not mind meeting you on test and allowing you to test drive them.. =^-^=
I would really enjoy that, thanks! Will have to setup a time that works for you to meet me on test. Thanks so much