• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Animal Lore

Amamos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure if the tamimg mastery will give lore"s gains. Maybe I did something wrong, but here it didn't.

But just directly using lore on another person"s pet (so you don't have to close the gump each time) works well. You can use very fast now, don't have to wait a long skill delay to use again like before, so it's a check every second or so,very good gains.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if the tamimg mastery will give lore"s gains. Maybe I did something wrong, but here it didn't.

But just directly using lore on another person"s pet (so you don't have to close the gump each time) works well. You can use very fast now, don't have to wait a long skill delay to use again like before, so it's a check every second or so,very good gains.
You get both taming and lore with consume damage also can get lore gains from healing

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have never gained lore from using the mastery, only taming. You can gain lore from vetting a pet, but lore gains best passivly from taming attempts. You have 3 or 4 chances to gain in lore for every taming attempt(every message of come here, i wont hurt you, ect) if you eat scrolls at 50, and train taming to 90, you will usually hit 110+ on lore way before taming hits 90.

But as @Anon McDougle said, get a pet hurt and try to heal it with 0 vet, and lore should shootup.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have trained at least 15 tamer chars to 120 and I've never seen the mastery work for animal lore. It will passively go up when using the mastery to train taming though. Just never reaches anywhere near 120. I just spam animal lore on a pet or do the 0 vet way. But easiest is to just spam animal lore on a pet to 120.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. Spamming Lore on someone else's pet is the fastest way to gain Animal Lore.