• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Animal Lore

HiThanks

Adventurer
Hello fellow Tamers,

Just returned to the game and I'm working on a tamer, I used a mythic token and I'm curious about the options to train Animal Lore.

I tried setting up a macro, but it doesn't seem to work because the window doesn't go away and the macro seems to fail after the first try. Is there a way to make it work?

Or is there another way to see nice skill gains?

Thanks for any information you can provide! :)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello fellow Tamers,

Just returned to the game and I'm working on a tamer, I used a mythic token and I'm curious about the options to train Animal Lore.

I tried setting up a macro, but it doesn't seem to work because the window doesn't go away and the macro seems to fail after the first try. Is there a way to make it work?

You can gain it from taming as well. It should raise just as much, if not more than taming as you train. If you want to work it alone, I used:
Use skill: Animal lore
Wait for cursor
Last target

That'll raise it but you do have to keep closing Gump before you hit it again, but you can spam this. Use an SoA, I went from 95-120 in an hour or two.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello fellow Tamers,

If you really want to raise it static, corner a wild animal like a rabbit or something similar. There is a really annoying quirk that does not allow you to use any other skill whilst the lore gump is up for 'tamed' pets. Wild animals gumps don't block skill usage.

Don't know if it was intended or not but it can be annoying if you forget to close your pets lore gump while in combat and you are trying to use Hiding or Disco etc. and it blocks the skill use.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They keep changing that closing thing. For a while I could Lore over and over at my house.

Now you can do it in Yamitsu Mines without closing. Maybe try other places where you can not recall.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They keep changing that closing thing. For a while I could Lore over and over at my house.

Now you can do it in Yamitsu Mines without closing. Maybe try other places where you can not recall.
Interesting, maybe more to it. I for sure cannot use lore (or any other skill) if the gump is up on tamed pets, even in Yomotsu mines.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just did a little testing and found when the quirk occurs and does not.

It only blocks skills when the gump is up and the pets training is 'in progress' or if it is not at max slots ie. still has 'begin training' option.

Completed pets (all points spent and at max slots) do not block skill use when the gump is up.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If another tamer (or crafter with packy) is standing afk for example in Luna, you can also lore their pet non-stop without closing the Lore gump. So you could also have an extra EJ account with a char with any pet stand next to your training char?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If another tamer (or crafter with packy) is standing afk for example in Luna, you can also lore their pet non-stop without closing the Lore gump. So you could also have an extra EJ account with a char with any pet stand next to your training char?
I got to 120 in a few hours just Loring my mount (a 16th horse). No need to lore others pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a little testing and found when the quirk occurs and does not.

It only blocks skills when the gump is up and the pets training is 'in progress' or if it is not at max slots ie. still has 'begin training' option.

Completed pets (all points spent and at max slots) do not block skill use when the gump is up.
Thats it. I was loring in my house on a 16th anniv pony or a fresh wolf spider.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Use skill: Animal lore
Wait for cursor
Last target
pause 1000
killgumpopen

use this in the CC and i will auto close your animal lore window, you can stick a coin in the keyboard and watch it work

(Taler)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Know this is an old post but gonna bump it since I was looking for this info.

To do this on the EC client you can use this in the command action (under the "Other" section) :

script GenericGumpOnRClicked(WindowGetId(GenericGump.LastGump))

Macro looks like this:
- Animal Lore
- Wait For Target Cursor
- Last Target
- Delay 2s
- Command (with text above)

My lore seems low and I was too lazy to find specific spots or pets so here ya go.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Get a taming primer i think even a 2 allows consume damage set it to target your pet eat taming/lore blues 120 in no time...
Not saying your wrong, but with 24ish tamers, i dont know if i have seen lore raise from the mastery. I see it raise faster from taming passive, hitting 120 way before taming is 90, and using mythic tokens i ha e to train lore seperate.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

To do this on the EC client you can use this in the command action (under the "Other" section) :

Macro looks like this:
- Animal Lore
- Wait For Target Cursor
- Last Target
- Delay 2s

My lore seems low and I was too lazy to find specific spots or pets so here ya go.
Yup thats what I do, Works on a horse, just do that over and over.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not saying your wrong, but with 24ish tamers, i dont know if i have seen lore raise from the mastery. I see it raise faster from taming passive, hitting 120 way before taming is 90, and using mythic tokens i ha e to train lore seperate.
I recently made a 3rd tamer on Atl (3rd account, Mythic Token) and Taming did NOT raise from use of the Mastery. It wasn't a level 3 primer but I imagine that wouldn't make a difference. That tamer is currently at 112.5 Lore/119.7 Taming - I ended up buying some 5.0 pinks to get Lore up, because the Crimson Drake (Cold damage, for the upcoming Destard event) I was leveling up wouldn't listen to my commands at all with only 90 Lore.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Macro looks like this:
- Animal Lore
- Wait For Target Cursor
- Last Target
- Delay 2s

You can use:
Animal Lore skill (right click to get target)
Stored target = click on your pet
delay 2.0

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't spam Animal Lore on your own pet without closing the gump each time, due to the Pet Training Progress bar. However, you can spam Animal Lore on a tamed pet that someone else owns, without having to close the window. I just make a "Use Skill: Animal Lore, Last Target" macro in CC, and spam that on another char's pet to work Animal Lore up fast.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In CC, there is a killgump command in the macro line, and it will close the lore gump.
Use skill lore
Target last
Kill gump
Jam a coin in the keyboard and watch the price is right.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Take 5000 bandages with you, or a beetle full of bandages. Tame Lowland Boura, tell it to fight Ortanord (or even 2)
Heal Boura. Gain Lore and Vet.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can use:
Animal Lore skill (right click to get target)
Stored target = click on your pet
delay 2.0
You can't spam Animal Lore on your own pet without closing the gump each time, due to the Pet Training Progress bar. However, you can spam Animal Lore on a tamed pet that someone else owns, without having to close the window. I just make a "Use Skill: Animal Lore, Last Target" macro in CC, and spam that on another char's pet to work Animal Lore up fast.
what I mentioned is for EC.