• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training and masteries

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I've been playing around with masteries and training. It would seem that any mastery that can be self casted will gain experience. What was surprising is I decided to train fencing from 115 to 120. Using the mastery thrust repeatedly gives you gains. So being whom I am I figured let's try the satyr trick to increase gains. To my surprise the satyr dropped me below 90 fencing. Much more to my surprise I was able to still use the mastery at 85 skill. Is this working as intended?

Fwoosh

Visitor
As far as i know all masteries work off of real skill and not modified skills so i can see that having your skills lowered by the satyr wouldn't change the fact that you can use mastery skills.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another double entendre... "playing around".

Back on topic, never failed on nether blast, a challenging rated mysticism mastery spell. Never had a gain with it either.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another double entendre... "playing around".

Back on topic, never failed on nether blast, a challenging rated mysticism mastery spell. Never had a gain with it either.
Is your mysticism skill capped/locked? Other skill set to drop? You will only get skill gains if there are skill gains to be had.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Skills on 2 characters, one near gm and second in low hundreds, both under enchant spell and holding mage wand. Under 360 point in skills, only ones set to gain were magery, med, and mysticism. I did get gains on traditional spells, like nether cyclone and RC; but not on the mastery one. The enchant spell lowers your mysticism level like the mage wand for magery, or satyr would.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay, finally got a .1 gain from the nether blast spell. Still seems to be a never fail spell th0ugh.