• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training a goat

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have trained Boars and Turkeys to the point that I finished skill training on Sphinx. Just start out slow fighting anything that it can kill and it will gradually build up stats and skills. I actually trained and leveled mine up on ship Pirates, just have a Cu tank the Pirate while the other pet gains.

See Post #6 Training Lower HP Pets

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A dude on LS skilled up a cat in Wildfire.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use the tank method on the Crazy mage. 1 high resist Pet on the mage then put the low pet on it. Mage will not change targets. It will take over an hour to get the goat to 100%. Put on fire resist for next round to speed next ones up You have to be a tamer.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Ortanord can give 1 slot pet 20-25 % of experience points. With peace buff +vet I was able to keep freshly bought horse alive. Ortanord should damage your goat to have gains.
Also can use UEV in Shame if your 2 slot triton will tank it. Very slow with not trained goat. Better rise resist on spellblinders first.
Or ask smb else to tank it. Your goat better be bonded anyway.
If it is for fisherman defense only - get 2* lowland boura. Tough and 0 taming needed. Just drop your boots in serpent corpses and they will go away.
If your fisherman have Bushido - use Lesser Hiryu. Eats fish.