• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

training a dreads resist

• Thread starter longshanks
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

longshanks

my dreads all gm'd accept for resist. my char is still blue ... hehehe

whats the most efficient way to gm this out?

thanks.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get help from my guildmates when training magic resist on pets. I will command the pet to "stay" and we cast low level curses on it. You can also try to get imps or spectral spellbinders (in Haven) to cast on it, but I have always found them a pain to round up (and my pet usually kills a few of them).

I usually use the above method once its skill is 80+, before that, I hunt magic casting creatures to learn my pet's strengths and weaknesses.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Yep i am back. The easiest way to train a pets resisting spells skill. Is to go to New Haven, go to old haven just outside to the west. Tell your pet to kill the spellbinders, before it gets to them tell it to stop. Get about six or more to attack your pet while it stands there. Soon it will be gm'd, you might have to heal it a few times. This method takes practice, and quickness on the keys, to work.

5% Luck

Hello Yep i am back. The easiest way to train a pets resisting spells skill. Is to go to New Haven, go to old haven just outside to the west. Tell your pet to kill the spellbinders, before it gets to them tell it to stop. Get about six or more to attack your pet while it stands there. Soon it will be gm'd, you might have to heal it a few times. This method takes practice, and quickness on the keys, to work.
there is an old ruined building near the farms east of new haven that has a partially collapsed wall. Stick you pet in there close the door run around gathering binders lead em to this building head inside and close the door. invisi yourself ask the pet to kill the binders then stay wala no dead binders!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I just want to train resist on its own, I get a pack of little casters (imps are good) to attack my pet while I vet it through the worst of the damage. As soon as they're low on mana I kill them and get a fresh batch. Rinse and repeat. You can get there if you just sit with the same group of casters, but I prefer to keep the spells flying at full speed. The faster things are casting the sooner you'll be finished training :D

Wenchy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually get a couple guildies to cast on my pets with me. Takes 20 minutes or so with three or four mages and your done. Clumsy, feeblemind and weaken work well.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shadow Iron Elementals at the Yomotsu Mine for everything except resist.

Spell binders in haven for the resists.

Best way I know.