• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trained a Giant Beetle, it's not using Runic Corruption, have I done something wrong?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone!

I trained up a giant beetle last week, and I am having some trouble with it. on the 3rd training run from slot 3 to 4 I gave it the following special skills: first Armor Ignore and then Mortal Strike. After that I gave it Runic Corruption, and finally I gave it Poisoning.

I then trained it up from slot 4 to 5, but I never saw it use Runic Corruption. I figured maybe it didn't use it because I hadn't given it 1500 mana yet. However, once I trained it to 5 slots and spend points in mana, str and HP, I still don't see it use Runic Corruption.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I messed up somehow?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone!

I trained up a giant beetle last week, and I am having some trouble with it. on the 3rd training run from slot 3 to 4 I gave it the following special skills: first Armor Ignore and then Mortal Strike. After that I gave it Runic Corruption, and finally I gave it Poisoning.

I then trained it up from slot 4 to 5, but I never saw it use Runic Corruption. I figured maybe it didn't use it because I hadn't given it 1500 mana yet. However, once I trained it to 5 slots and spend points in mana, str and HP, I still don't see it use Runic Corruption.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I messed up somehow?
It should in theory use RC occasionally when it has a full pool of mana. Watch for the damage increase.

The mistake you made was giving it AI, MS, RC, and Poisoning. That's 4 skills it randomly wastes mana on. After it quickly drains itself to 0 mana, your hope at it casting RC is slim.

I trained up 5 beetles and tested many of them with a timer...I know the pain of ditching a pet and starting from scratch. =)

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mind posting lore pages
Sure, are there any pages you're particulary curious about?

It should in theory use RC occasionally when it has a full pool of mana. Watch for the damage increase.

The mistake you made was giving it AI, MS, RC, and Poisoning. That's 4 skills it randomly wastes mana on. After it quickly drains itself to 0 mana, your hope at it casting RC is slim.

I trained up 5 beetles and tested many of them with a timer...I know the pain of ditching a pet and starting from scratch. =)
The weird thing is that the 1500 mana goes down abnormally slow. The beetle doesn't even uses the mana on AI abnormally often. I've seen it use AI / Mortal Strike and the Poisoning skill extensively, but it just doesn't use the RC, which is annoying as RC was my main motivation to train one.

I've mainly mirrored this build: My new 5-slot Giant Beetle

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just this part.. upload_2018-4-10_13-57-56.png

I have manged to unknowingly remove rune corruption from one of my rune beetles :(
lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It should work. Go fight something that takes a while to kill. It should be at <100 Mana in a short time.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should work. Go fight something that takes a while to kill. It should be at <100 Mana in a short time.
It. Just. Won't. Deplete. Its. Manapool...

It hardly ever drops below 1000 mana. I'm at my wits end. WTF is wrong with it :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go fight something like Navrey. Lore the target and see if their resists change. If they do, then its working.

I check mine. Oh well there were people there so the Navrey died in 3 mins or less I dint get a chance to look.

2 Hiryus, Giant Beetle, Fire Beetle, A Cu, a sampire and something in a form.

Beetles knocked the heck out of her resists.

upload_2018-4-10_16-42-56.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Took it to something that wont die fast.

upload_2018-4-10_16-54-30.png

Rune corruption works, Armor ignore works.

Lets keep the Mana thing to ourselves.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It depends on the pet. Cus still drop fast. Its back to the old regen system. Its a nice system. Dont complain.

upload_2018-4-10_17-11-30.png

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It. Just. Won't. Deplete. Its. Manapool...

It hardly ever drops below 1000 mana. I'm at my wits end. WTF is wrong with it :(
If your pet is bugged or not working properly, I'd probably start a new one. Is there a reason for getting a physical damage beetle? Is the storage that it provides worth it? Then also ask yourself, what special do you want and for what reason? I haven't tested mortal strike or poisoning, but on paper, I don't see how it really helps other than waste mana/time. Pets seem to spam skills randomly and you want to reduce the randomness. I can see it being useful in PvP if you want to prevent your opponent from healing though.

For PvM:
Against bosses with all high resist, AI + RC beetle would be great. Against a boss/monster with somewhat lower (50 or lower) resist, then pure RC beetle is probably better.

A lot of monsters are weak against Fire Resist so Fire Beetles are popular. You also have the option of equipping +necro + ss gear and cast Corpse Skin which further lowers fire resist. Stack on discord, run provoke mastery and now your beetle will start hitting for 100+ without rune corruption even on! It is almost doing AI damage on every single hit without draining mana.

Another good one is the Frost Mite. It is similar to the Fire Beetle, but you can get a pretty sweet 2 slot one with high stats already. With 120 scrolls, mine will have about 900 hp.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@LeBaiton
If you really think it's not working, page a gm.
I had a pet with 119 discord, and it wasn't using it. Gm said it was turned off...
RC sadly is very short lived, perhaps lasts now 2-3 seconds? Not sure. Point was raised in a prev. post..The recommendation from the best expert pet tester was: D not add too many specials. Add only RC and AI or something. If you add only 1-2 specials then the next cast will be 50% RC/ 50% AI..If RC is already on it will NOT recast it and save manna and then hit the next in line. Theoretically best is RC, next to that is RC and ONE special, dont add 3rd special and dont add the useless poisoning for this pet, and youll probably see more RC cast. Problem is that you will not see it, since it lasts so shortly, and you cannot lore it fast enough. But it works.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your pet is bugged or not working properly, I'd probably start a new one. Is there a reason for getting a physical damage beetle? Is the storage that it provides worth it? Then also ask yourself, what special do you want and for what reason? I haven't tested mortal strike or poisoning, but on paper, I don't see how it really helps other than waste mana/time. Pets seem to spam skills randomly and you want to reduce the randomness. I can see it being useful in PvP if you want to prevent your opponent from healing though.
I'm going to test it again tonight, I might have been very unlucky in not seeing RC hit. I mainly wanted to use it on treasurehunting so I could take all the loot back to my house for imbuing purposes, but right now the beetle kills stuff slower than my Cu, and I'm starting to reconsider my options...