• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trainable Animal Bestiary

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi Everyone,

We are excited to finally release our Trainable Animal Bestiary

This may seem similar to the Stratics Wiki and UOGuide (and it is), but there are a few major differences and features:
  • The data is not user-sourced. There are both pros and cons of user-source data. We are striving for as accurate as possible, and with that goal we decided to make a closed database. We have personally verified as much of the information in the database to be as accurate as possible. With that said, we do accept corrections and updates from users, just send us a PM.

• This Bestiary lists the intensity values of the Stats/Attributes a pet spawns with, its possible intensity spawn range, and its max trainable intensity (which would be a perfect spawn).

• We have chosen to only list the most popular trainable pets. We didn't want to populate the Bestiary with many entries that no one will use. However, if you find yourself using a pet often and it is not in the Bestiary, just let us know and we will look into adding it.

• The pets in the Bestiary have gone through thorough testing on TC and we correctly display the Magical Abilities, Special Abilities, Special Moves, and Area of Effects that a particular pet is able to train. This includes Battle Defense (which only appears at GM+ Wrestling), and Poison-Based abilities (which only appear if your pet has Poisoning, or does a % of Poison base damage)

• This Bestiary directly ties into the Pet Intensity Calculator and the Pet Planner. This makes the information we base intensities off of public knowledge (it always was, but we only displayed the caps previously). Now you can quickly look up the details of a pet you are wanting to see its possible spawn range. These ranges are extremely hard to verify with 100% accuracy, so there may still be some ranges that are slightly off. If you have a fresh tamed pet that falls outside of the ranges in the Bestiary, just send us a screenshot of the lore pages so we can update as necessary.

• If we have a color chart available for that specific pet, we provide a link to that chart (still in progress)

• We provide a map of various spawn locations for each pet. I always found it more useful to see a visual indicator of where something spawns, than just an area name. This is still in progress as we make our way through the various pets.

Sample Bestiary Page:

As always, feel free to send me any feedback or suggestions you may have. We are human and do make errors, so if something isn't right just let us know :)

We hope you enjoy!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Update:
  • Added proper intensity and slot information for pets that spawn as multislot (this was shown correctly on the Intensity Calculator, but not in the Bestiary)

• Added additional basic pet information:

• Added Spawn locations for a lot more pets. Still working through the list to get all spawn location maps done.
  • Added/Updated color charts for White Wyrm, Nightmare, Frost Spider, and Tsuki Wolf. Still working on completing the rest of the color charts.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like your bestiary very much. Some little mistakes i have seen. One of them: Greater Dragon are able to spawn as a 4 slot pet.That changes something towards the GD in your bestiary (for example, they can choose chiv).
Goahead, i like your page very much.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i like your bestiary very much. Some little mistakes i have seen. One of them: Greater Dragon are able to spawn as a 4 slot pet.That changes something towards the GD in your bestiary (for example, they can choose chiv).
Goahead, i like your page very much.
Thanks for your feedback. The current issue with Greater Dragons (in regards to the Bestiary and Intensity Calculator) is that I need to find the breakpoint between 4 and 5 slots on them. In order to do this, I have to farm GDs and record their intensity to find the ranges. Specifically though, I need to find a lot of 4-slot GDs to find their upper range, as well as a lot of "Crappy" 5-slotters to find their lower range as well. Due to how uncommon 4-slot GDs are, the process was taking a long time and I had moved on to other parts of the website (Planner and Bestiary). I could make an educated guess on their breakpoint based on the data I have collected so far, but it could give an inaccurate rating if I am off target. So I chose to list GDs as 5-slot only in the Bestiary until I can confirm the 4-slot range.

With all that said however! Based on your feedback I will make a special note on the GD Bestiary page that indicates they can spawn in 4-slots. We also do currently list the magical abilities that GDs can get (such as Chiv, Discord, etc). I'll try to get back on the GD farming train when I can in order to find the ranges.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx, for your reply. I found several crappy 5 slot GD and only very few 4 slot GD. Same crappy as the 5 slotters, but in my experience it depended on strength and Hitpoints. Hitpoints lower than 1100 when wild and strength less than 1180 when wild.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thx, for your reply. I found several crappy 5 slot GD and only very few 4 slot GD. Same crappy as the 5 slotters, but in my experience it depended on strength and Hitpoints. Hitpoints lower than 1100 when wild and strength less than 1180 when wild.
It's a combination of total intensity that determines it, as with all animals.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Raptors have been added to the Bestiary.

If there are other trainable pets you would like to see in the Bestiary, let me know.
Maybe add hell hounds, hell cats, predator hell cats. I sure wish they could get to 5 slots.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A few updates to the Bestiary.

Slayer information is now displayed for each pet:

Overcapped skills are now displayed in a range and the lower-end is properly calculated when determining intensity range:

These next changes were made the other week, I just never did an update for them.

Pets that start with Passive versions of Magical abilities will now be indicated as such:

This mainly affects Necromancy and Poisoning pets. Passive means they have the Skill value on their lore page, but the ability isn't actually active on them.

Any pet that comes with Innate abilities that aren't available through normal advanced training (like Healing and Rage), will now have a section to display them:

I have on my backlog to add several requested pets still, just need to find the time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Iron Beetles has enough points to have FWW.

Fun to play with. Mines still around. Iron Beetle

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Woa, lava lizard can get all magics. 4 slots max though...why?! They eat metal? So...feed 'em ingots? I'm thinking about getting a gaman and giving it AI+Poison.

Last edited: