• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Train Wrestling

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to 120 wrestle on a golem. Was a pain though because i cept hurting it. I would stable when it got real low on life and have to wait awhile before it fully heals.

T

tymbow

Forgot about the fishing pole trick. Thx (damn you go through some poles though).

T

tymbow

I can't get this to work. I have nothing in my hands, and I am guilded.

1. I go outside the guard zone.
2. Get Golem to guard me.
3. Attack golem.
4. Tell Golem to stop.
5. Step back.
6. Get Golem to guard again.
7. Stand on top of the Golem.

I'm not getting any gains (Wrestling is marked up and I have other skills marked down) and the Golem keeps whacking me and running away.

What am I missing?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking about training wrestling up with one of my characters... does this train like other weapon skills? Or is there an easier/safer way to do this? (my skill is at like 34, by the way - I can hardly hit the headless creatures, at least it seems that way cause I usually one hit kill them, never missing, with my other warriors)

C

Chaosy

Get up to 70 skill.

Be guilded.

Make a macro for all guard me, all stop, all stay.

Tell golem to kill you.

Play macro, and play it every couple minutes when the golems go grey.

Stand on top of it with a fishing pole in hand.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I did:

I used the spellweaving spell Dryad Allure to get myself a sparring partner (trolls at 50, cyclopses at 80, ogre lords at 100+), sparred with the partner, healing when needed.

Simply saying "all stop" after your pet is green to you is enough to keep it attackable for all eternity. And the best part is that is takes no effort to attain a new sparring partner if you make a mistake and lose it.

It also works for training healing skill. Attack your pet then heal every two seconds. You just have to have spellweaving on whatever character you're training. (thank the powers that be for soulstones!)

T

Trinsie

No need for a golem. This is how I train my wrestling 0-120

0-40 Buy the skill
40-60 Cast Summon Creature (Insert Golem Technique)
60-80 Cast Summon Air Elemental (Insert Golem Technique)
80-120 Cast Summon Daemon (Insert Golem Technique)

Step by Step:
Summon said monster
Say "All Guard Me"
Type "All Stop" but do not hit enter to say it.
Manually click on the monster and select "kill"
Target yourself then quickly hit enter to say the "All Stop" you have already typed
Say "All Follow Me"

Or instead of manually selecting the monster you can make a macro for all kill+target yourself, wait 1 second, all stop, wait 1 second, all follow me.

Of course for this to work you had to work magery already or soulstoned it onto your character.

T

Trinsie

You have to be guilded only if you do it in Tram. You can do it in Fel unguilded.