• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) trade skill?

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so ive finished my temp for now
100 eval 110 mage
100 med
100 necro
100 ss
100 hide
80 stelth
30 focus

should i put a trade skill on ? its my only sp guy so has to do it all

what sells? lether ingots wood?

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say Mining, as imbuing gems always sell well. But you could do what ever you wanted thanks to soulstones :p

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do imbuing. its the obvious choice... The best trade skill at the moment and is used as a secondary skill to mysticism if you every decide to train it.

V

Vaelix

Imbuing is obviously the best possible Crafting skill for 1 Skill Investment.

You can easily find other crafters to make Exceptional Items to Imbue around, for your own gear.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop stealth to 75 (never fail in leather)
Add 5 more into eval.

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hummm
should i keep necro? and hide?

so far im
110 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 necro
100 ss
100 hide
80 stelth
30 focus

do i drop necro and ss for imbue and myst?

i only have necro for champs like rats

ive got a 115 focus ps i can use allso

unless someone would like to give me 2 frags for my skills lol

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hummm

so far im
110 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 necro
100 ss
100 hide
80 stelth
30 focus

If you run SOLO you better have hide/stealth, ninjitsu or you're gonna get ganked/dismounted 24/7...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hummm

so far im
110 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 necro
100 ss
100 hide
80 stelth
30 focus

If you're going mage, drop hide/stealth all together. its a waste of skill points and you're not going to get ganked 24/7 lke tardannay suggests.

invest in some power scrolls and do somethign like this

120 necro
120 SS
120 resist
120 mage
120 eval
120 med

On a soulstone have 120 imbue.

You could run swords of prosperity or staff of the magi that will give you Mage wep -0 for the defense. Unless you're planning on joining factions then you can invest in some faction gear and run a decent DCI/mage wep. Until you get the scrolls just continue with that template and buy them one at a time. With the exception of mage/eval, those scrolls are easy to find and cheap.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I cant say you will need hide/stealth. I have had it for ages now, and ran it once in the last 8-10 months. Its nice for shopping outside guardzones etc, but really not needed.

loki danu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hum well i dont have ninja
i see it like this if i do scribe or something ill need necro for litch form to help with mana but if i go alchemy i can drop necro and take that

so like this
110 mage
100 eval
100 hide
80 stelth
100 med
100 scribe
so that leaves me 130 points
myst? another trade skill?

i love the fact we can only have one guy on this shard it makes it more fun :thumbup1:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what. I think you're probably the biggest newb Siege has had come to this shard. I believe you should go back to wherever you came from.

If youwant a good template you should probably use the following

100 herding
100 forevnsic eval
120 focus
120 chivalry
50 music \
50 disco / So you can disco a horse and tame it
41.7 fishing

Leave the rest of the skill points open. You know just incase you wanna raise a trade skill..

lol, get outta her newb.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest you dont need a trade skill. You just gotta decide what you wanna do. On siege you wont be a god with just one char, without a lot of soul stones. So decide if you wanna PvM, then make a good PvM char, if you wanna PvP, make a PvP char. If you want both your gonna have to sacrifice some PvM to make it PvPable.

If you want both worlds, make a mage, they can do spawns just fine. Sure you cant really solo a spawn, or without a lot of work, like you could with a wither necro, but it will be able to PvP.

Dont add a trade skill IMO, just use some of the resources available here. This isnt like prodo, we are far more of a community, the community as a whole is like a helpful guild on a prodo shard. If you need something made, even someoene you dont get along with, or are enemies with (factions, war, what have you), will make something for you, at a fair rate.

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alchemy: not to sell potions, to grow plants, very profitable

u can make dyes, grow Orange petals, green thorns, and seeds of renewal, make red wax, and u can use the green thorns u grow to collect fertile dirt for plants and regs for potions to water plants. full circle

T

TigerDyr

First of all... There are certain individuals you shouldnt listen to at all, sadly Freesly usually isnt one of them dont know what went up his ass, seems like a very BIIIG pole or something.... Freesly Yank it out will ya!

Second what N49 says (in the last post) is pretty much on the spot, besides his little out burst Freesly is good at putting templates together... He is right if you run a blue char, not in factions then you wont really need hide nor stealth unless you really like going to tough places and you have a BAD connection that requires you stealthing past nasty monster areas.

If you want a char that can solo alot of monster some even pretty High end, then you should go Myst/Mage with Imbuing as kicker....

It could look like this:

120 magery
120 resist
120 med
120 eval
120 myst
120 imbuing

With that template you can compete pretty much anywhere (PvP, PvM even craft some) and you`d be able to craft your own gear with a min of help and you`d be able to help out alot of newcomers to the shard with imbuing.

With your current template

magery
eval
med
necro
ss
hide
stealth
focus

You are pretty much in between types of char bit like the other template just lacking abit of punch since you are using alot of skill points on hiding, stealth and focus all put together...

if you wanna keep Necro and SS id consider following Freesly`s idea for a template... His first one anyway :). You wont need lich form for mana though...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sick and cranky! Leave me alone :p

YeH out burst was a little uncalled for. So sorry about that. But like tyger said. You need to pick one template and go with it. The mage/myst he descibed is great. Rissing collosus and stone form is good.

Good luck with your spawning. I get back home here in a few hours. I'll try and find ya to kill ya. Mwahah