• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade Order Quest Questions

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I want to try my hand at Slim's Veil. I have a couple of questions. Thanks in advance. Also if anyone has a writeup for this I would like a link.

1. To even get a chance at the veil you have to have 5x20 on the quest Correct?
2. If you build up quests in Tram First does it translate to Fel? Meaning if I work my way up to 5 items per quest in Tram does it make me 5 items in Fel or do you have to do the quest in Fel until you get up to 5 items?
3. Do you still have a chance at the rare rewards if you use a moongate?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want to try my hand at Slim's Veil. I have a couple of questions. Thanks in advance. Also if anyone has a writeup for this I would like a link.

1. To even get a chance at the veil you have to have 5x20 on the quest Correct?
2. If you build up quests in Tram First does it translate to Fel? Meaning if I work my way up to 5 items per quest in Tram does it make me 5 items in Fel or do you have to do the quest in Fel until you get up to 5 items?
3. Do you still have a chance at the rare rewards if you use a moongate?
  1. There have been varying thoughts on this. In the other thread (Slim's Shadow Veil Question ) someone said it did have to be 5x20 but someone else said it just had to have 5 items but could just have 1 be 20 count. You will need someone who has gotten a veil before to confirm this.
  2. Yes I can vouch for this. Built up in Tram and still get 5 in Fel.
  3. No.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So, I have done just a little over 100 Quests now. After about 50 quests I stopped being ambushed all together. It seems it doesn't matter if I am walking, running, mounted or at sea, no ambushes at all. Anyone else experience this? Is there something more I can do to get ambushed?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, I have done just a little over 100 Quests now. After about 50 quests I stopped being ambushed all together. It seems it doesn't matter if I am walking, running, mounted or at sea, no ambushes at all. Anyone else experience this? Is there something more I can do to get ambushed?
I'm not 100% sure there is anything you can actually do to be ambushed ( I think it's all RNG). This might be stupid but are only using moongates? When I use the moongates to deliver an order it's usually super fast and doesn't really allow for an ambush.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Keven, Using the moongates also eliminates any chance of the high end rewards.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If all you really want to do is get ambushed, get a trade mission and move along the road to the target town. Stop about half way there and wait. The ambushers will eventually come along. At least they have in my experience whenever something comes up and I turn my attention somewhere other than the game. Doesn't matter if the crate is filled or empty. Of course, I have never made anywhere near 50 missions one right after another.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want ambushers, its best to take as crazy a route as possible - making zigzags and loops. Ambushers aren't supposed spawn "close" to where others have successfully spawned or failed to spawn (due to terrain, housing, etc) There also seems to be a time factor where it can take longer between subsequent spawns.

Using a moongate is quick, but you won't get any of the rare stuff. If you want the veil, I suggest repeatedly accepting trade orders in Fel New Magincia and then sailing to Ocllo. It will take forever. (Just don't do this on a character whose city loyalty you care about!)

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks. Been getting orders in Brit and going to Trin dock to sail to Ocllo. Will try New Magencia. I don't care about ambushers when I get lower level orders but when I get those 5 20's I want to be ambushed to the max to get a better chance at a veil.