• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade Forums FAQ, Guides & Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • From here on, the sales of semi-rares will be conducted on the shard's trade forum, or X-shard Trading. Semi-rares are defined as: Any daily rare, artifacts, crate rares, and lootable rares.
  • Holiday items belong on the Holiday Trading forum.
  • Craftables and pretty much anything that normally spawns (including *uber pvp jewellery*) does not belong on this forum either.

------------------------------------------------------------

Note that changeling duped items are not considered rares and should not be posted here. These include:

• glacial bandana
  • glacial spell books
  • glacial pants
  • glacial pix axe
  • glacial dagger
  • glacial anything with no special names
  • Europa royal gold clothing with no special names.
  • Blue looking npc robes same color from the grizzle place
  • two tone red/blue hallys (doggy dupped from avenger hallabrate)
  • black hallys (some doggy dupe some before, but lump them all in)
  • two tone red/blue long swords (doggy dupped from bramul or algid)
  • replicates of other items such as ornament etc.

Here, I will underline some things that should be common sense regarding auction posts.

Auctions
An auction in an ideal world would have a set duration and rules on how it will end. However, this is not a requirement per say and we often get items with set price threads and/or list of items with no prices or end rules. For sake of simplicity, it will all be considered as an auction.

This forum is bit specialized as it not only has a mandate of facilitating trade of rare items but also discussions pertaining to rare items. As a result, I am going to write up some basic things to save myself the trouble of dealing with the mess.

Responsibility of the auctioneer
* Create auction rules - I cannot emphasize this more. Clearly indicate how the bidding process will work (time-bound, your-fancy-bound, whatever)
* Try to be as clear as possible about those rules
* Provide all the pertinent information regarding the items up for auction
* Try to stick to those rules
* Try to format the thread in such a manner that people know what they are bidding on and can easily access current bids.
* Try to update bids as often as possible - at least once per day.
* Politely ask people to not partake in off-topic discussions, if that may be your choice.
* Go through some past auctions to see what worked and what did not work (not possible atm due to recovery process)

Responsibility of the participant
* Respect the auction rules set by the auctioneer
* Remember that the auctioneer is the owner of the item even after you have won the auction. They will always have the last word.

I will try my best to facilitate auctions as long as the auctioneer meets his or her responsibilities. It is up to auctioneer to be as clear as possible about everything to prevent chaos. Failing to do so will also mean that I will not treat the thread as a strict auction thread and will definitely not clean up the mess resulting from ambiguity and confusion (unless of course the posts are against basic Stratics rules).

Two more things to keep in mind,

1) Bumping should be kept limited. Anything more than 1 bump every 2 days can be considered excessive. Will tend to be bit more lenient for limited time auctions and such.

2) Please try to keep your thread titles within one line. There is usually no need to have two line subject headings.

Although not a hard and fast rule but there is a good chance you will be getting a PM from me if it starts to become a problem. At which point you must follow the guidelines. Having someone else bump for you can get you and that someone else in disfavor with the moderators and much more.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(UO Stratics Public Forum How-To: For All Users)
How to Search the Forums for Trade Threads for my desired Prefixes!

One may use the search function to search for Trade Thread(s) tagged with a desired prefix. To do so is quite easy, in three simple steps.

1. Left click "Search" up top for the drop down box, then left click "Advanced Search".
  2. On the page that loads, look for the section labeled "Find Threads with Prefix" and then scroll through the list for the desired prefix(es). You may use SHIFT to select multiple prefixes. For this How-To, select "Napa Valley," your forum's prefixes may vary.
  3. Now click the "Search Now" button on the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.