• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Trade deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could the Gov's of each town please post their trade deals here...perhaps we can sticky it and keep it upto date!
Thanks

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jhelom: Merchant Association +2MR

I did a poll and a thread to ask people if they wanted something different no one gave me even the slightest response, so since I seem to be running the majority of trade runs I picked.

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Britain: Merchants Association
Jhelom: Merchants Association
Yew: No trade deal at time of this posting (Engineers +3 dex)
Moonglow: Guild of Arcane Arts
Minoc: Merchants Association
New Magincia: Bardic Collegium
Skara Brae: Guild of Arcane Arts
Vesper: Guild of Assassins
Trinsic: Warriors Guild

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was shocking how hard it was for me to even find all the names on Stratics...thanks Sunseri and everyone else!

I searched a few different things here on stratics and got no where! I finally checked out UO guide and bam...10 seconds there is the answer....Seriously Stratics this use to be a great site with all the information you need at your finger tips. Now you try to find stuff and all I get is dead links. And when you offer to help you get told you need to apply and interview with the CEO....just to volunteer to fix his screwed up site! I have had less red tape volunteering with children.

I have a lot of respect for those working hard trying to improve things... but this site use to have the best UO content anywhere... the game has hardly changed in 18 freaking years....why was all that great information thrown away. Now this site is crap except for the forums... and even they are going down hill fast...it is really sad!

Minoc, Jelhom and Brit Governors really need to get together and sort out all this doubling up! Same with Skara and moon glow...come on Gov...get your act together....
END OF RANT!

Anyway here is the list I found on UO guide...
Trade Deals Include:

• Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase ...Moonglow , Skara
  • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists
  • Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting, ....Magincia
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus......YEW
  • Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus
  • Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration
  • Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration.... Brit, Jhelom, Minoc
  • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus
  • League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus
  • Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase...Vesper
  • Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase...Trinsic

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the governors I know pick their deal based on what the citizens want. It's not the governor's fault if there are only a few deals that are even worth getting, or are being requested. What deal are you wanting that isn't represeted?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point is simply...why have two towns run the same buff??? Especially when there are other Deals that logically work for the city...for example Skara ( run by rangers) could run the League of Ranger buff. Minoc could run the Mining Co-Op Buff.... This would get rid of redundancies and better utilize the system.

You only need one character to vote in your chosen town....so then people would be free to try other buffs. This way the Governors work for everyone not just their crew... and demonstrate that they can work with each other for the greater good of all. ( oi...what am I saying)

The buff I want is represented by a town...so this isnt about me and my wants....it is about doing something that makes sense instead of doubling up....

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly, Skara is using the buff that many of its citizens asked for, as Thom said. What exactly is the point of running a buff that no one actually wants to use just because it makes "sense"? People want what they will use, and some of us are loyal to a specific town and would rather not have to change our loyalties for a specific buff just because you'd rather not have us "double up"

Skara's buff is what the majority asked for. Plain and simple. Our Governor is listening to the people of his city. Can't ask for much more than that.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly, Skara is using the buff that many of its citizens asked for, as Thom said. What exactly is the point of running a buff that no one actually wants to use just because it makes "sense"? People want what they will use, and some of us are loyal to a specific town and would rather not have to change our loyalties for a specific buff just because you'd rather not have us "double up"

Skara's buff is what the majority asked for. Plain and simple. Our Governor is listening to the people of his city. Can't ask for much more than that.

Exactly...seems to sum up the Ranger mentality completely....you want what is best for you...not best for everyone. There is no disputing what would be best for all is for Governors to work together and cover most of the buffs ( or at least as many as possible) for the greater good of all!....All that matters is what is best for you and your friends.....sad but completely sum up what UO has become!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a matter of catering to our crew for most of us. It's requested by the people of the city. I'm all for working with others but not at the expense of ignoring what the citizens want. There are other ways to work with each other then to squabble over who gets to use the buffs people actually want.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I suggest is what is best to all citizens.....all I hear from you and the rangers is what your Citizens want. Heaven forbid you actually work together, no need to squabble... towns with redundancy could just stand up and show leadership! Volunteer to do what is best for all..... But we all know Governors are incapable of that....just attend a council meeting and watch the petty rivalries!

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly...seems to sum up the Ranger mentality completely....you want what is best for you...not best for everyone. There is no disputing what would be best for all is for Governors to work together and cover most of the buffs ( or at least as many as possible) for the greater good of all!....All that matters is what is best for you and your friends.....sad but completely sum up what UO has become!
Oh look, it's TimberWolf ranting and insulting people about something he knows nothing about. Must be Friday.

This buff wasn't chosen by the Rangers of Spiritwood, and it's not particularly beneficial to the majority of our members. However, it was the preferred trade deal choice of a number of non-rangers/Skara Brae voters, and its selection was actually a positive example of groups of players with different play-styles coming together to create a compromise that made both sides happy.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh look, it's TimberWolf ranting and insulting people about something he knows nothing about. Must be Friday.

This buff wasn't chosen by the Rangers of Spiritwood, and it's not particularly beneficial to the majority of our members. However, it was the preferred trade deal choice of a number of non-rangers/Skara Brae voters, and its selection was actually a positive example of groups of players with different play-styles coming together to create a compromise that made both sides happy.

Do you actually believe the BS you spread??? Cause no one else does...LOL

Keep rationalizing your behavior. There is no denying the facts, the logic involved. Governors could care less about the great good of all Citizens, what is best for the game at large...and lack the ability to provide any leadership....wow UO nailed it...in game Governors are as useless as real ones!

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lost in translation much? When the hell did the definition of citizens become purely Rangers? As a matter of fact, that buff is useless to me and pretty much every other warrior in the Rangers. It was specifically chosen by NON rangers, and we're fine with that if it makes them happy. If the citizens of Skara Brae want the buff changed from what it currently is, all they need to do is ask. We will accommodate.

Also, what the hell did we do to be treated how you are currently speaking to us? We are anything but this "holier than thou" attitude you seem to think we embody.

What you think is "best for all" isn't necessarily the best choice. And your supposed "facts" are purely your opinion. I don't see anyone else complaining about Skara's choice of buff.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you actually believe the BS you spread??? Cause no one else does...LOL

Keep rationalizing your behavior. There is no denying the facts, the logic involved. Governors could care less about the great good of all Citizens, what is best for the game at large...and lack the ability to provide any leadership....wow UO nailed it...in game Governors are as useless as real ones!
Yes, I actually believe that we chose the trade deal that the majority of Skara Brae wanted; I don't think anyone can claim otherwise. As for rationalizing my behavior, you're the one who insulted my entire guild by calling us selfish over something you know absolutely nothing about. Next time, if you have a suggestion or criticism, do your research first.

And your whole rabble-rousing-wild-man-of-Catskills-telling-it-like-it-is act is not only extremely unhelpful, it's about as transparent as your arguments.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhhh did I hurt the poor rangers feelings???? ,,,awww poor babies ...I sowwy...

I didnt realize how sensitive you all are. You are both adamantly defending the actions as The wishes of Skara....

I am talking about the greater good of all Citizens of the realm.

With every post you are proving your close minded, inbred mentality... By your explanation every Gov could choose the exact same buff...and that would be fine! Why should the Rangers show leadership and do what is best for all citizens ( not all skara citizens, not all skara voters, not all skara rangers...)....let someone else do it!

Absolutely pitiful...but exactly what all players in the game have come to expect from "the Rangers".... thanks for proving my point! :)
A citizen of Britain can't use the Yew buff. A Citizen of Vesper can't use the Trinsic buff. The only opinions that the Governor Skara is required to listen to regarding what we choose as our buff are those of the citizens that can actually ACCESS said buff. Any city's buff only benefits those of that particular city. And as I previously stated...

If the citizens of Skara Brae want the buff changed from what it currently is, all they need to do is ask. We will accommodate.

If you are not a citizen of Skara nor seeking to become one, then frankly, your opinion on our citizens choice of buff is null and void.

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It has been said that it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. TimberWolf, if you honestly feel that the governors are not holding up their end of the deal, then the only good course of action you should take is to run for your choice of city during the next election cycle. If you win, you can offer a trade deal that the other governors do not. Sometimes it's good to be an outside protester, other times it's better to work within the (governor) system to cause a change for the better. Wouldn't you agree?

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if u wanted a different buff for Britain, show up to my town halls & sit through stuff like everyone is welcomed to do & ask me for it. I said in my town hall that the only two buffs Britain will ever have an interest in bcuz ic'ly it makes sense is the bardic collegium buff & the merchants association buff (as 1- we have the bard conservatory in our city & 2- we have a huge shipyard & merchants guild in our city). my townspeople chose to stay with the merchants association buff for now but come my next town hall if that changes we'll vote again.

but if you don't attend the city meetings or pm the governors or whatever dont come rant on the forums. if u want 2 impart change put in some effort & attend the city meetings & ask or vote if governors provide a vote or send them a pm. so **** or get off the pot, basically.

Gabriel Drachen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My first complaint about this post is.... Timberwolf I have no clue who you are, Never seen you before and I've been in the Catskills community off and on since 2001. My Second complaint is this, You haven't proven anything... You really really have not. The Trade Deals are selected per city for a reason. It encourages players to get involved with the cities they chose. It's the same concept in real life, If you don't vote for the trade deal then you can't complain if it is something you didn't want.. plain and simple.

Now quite honestly, The personal attack on fellow catskills guild was uncalled for. I am really glad you have opinions, Truly I am. But to be fair I am dubbing you the new Brandon Van Railly. Because you wanted this to become a flame post by twisting it into a pissing contest of which you came ill prepared for. Get back in game buddy and stop trying to cause trouble. Have a Coke and a smile and stfu!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh this just keeps getting better and better...ROFLMAO ( Is it my birthday???)

Status
Not open for further replies.