• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tracking and Forensics still useful?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

Back in the day my first char was a mage that used tracking/forensics to bring justice to all the pk wannabees who would go around Moonglow killing healers, etc. He would use Forensics to determine who killed a healer, then Tracking to locate them while they were still gray. Then of course, Detect Hidden, Paralyze, Explosion, Ebolt, goodbye pesky healer killer.

I'm just wondering if the Forensics/Tracking skills are the same as they used to be or would it be a waste of time to develop a similar template these days?

I used to enjoy being Moonglow's equivalent of CSI, course things are a little different in the PvP area these days anyway. Nowadays, folks are so powerful they dont need to hide after commiting a murder.

Hmmm... maybe Siege Perilous would be a good place for a "Detective" Template?

Safe Travels, Sam

I

imported_Ishtar

I use tracking, it does come in handy never did stuff with forensic evaluation though. I do have a friend that does and IC he is a Sheriff kind of like a detective. So it works well for him.

G

I know people use tracking at IDOC to see the 50 afk scripters hiding there.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's sad that the bounty system for catching murderers didn't work out. It was a great idea, but it's understandable why they had to do away with it.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added tracking to my Ninja/Fencer the other day. Doesn't take a lotta skill to keep tabs on someone. Would probably be handy for someone in a guild that takes new players to train... they get lost in Despise, the trainer can find em. Didnt have enough room on the char to add Forensics though. I think that skill might really only be useful Fel-side.