• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TownHall : Bang or Bust: Quick notes added ........

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

kennykilleduo

Anyone think any major news will come out of the TownHall?

G

they will talk about the upcoming event. and drop hints on SA or whatever it will be called...they will tell us it has some new cool features we will love but they can not say much at this time.

also they will talk more about the burning of houses, and the next patch.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple">now why would you want to start the Bad Mood Bears this early? Plenty of time after the fact to moan about what didn't get said

for myself, I hope they prove ya wrong </font>

F

Fayled Dhreams

bang! bang boop!
(naturally each will also be called a "bust")

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> and so that we all don't have to get our information second-hand, there's a live feed from Florida as reported by Caledor Moonrise on the Sonoma shard forums </font>

G

Just so peeps know, the wwrad.com url leads to one of those "squatter" search sites. Best to go to the first link and find the "Listen to" option.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that heads up!! I haven't listened to WRR in a while, just always on the go, or drowned out by the kids music lol.

K

kennykilleduo

Wow , nice sound quality ( music side anyways..)..Hmm she just said a delay in the start of the meeting , where have I heard that before..

G

Only two I know are Jeremy and Leuro, but they've stated that themselves.

I was kind of wanting to go, but it's 4 hours away from where I am and I'd have to deal with the I-4 corridor and going through Orlando and Ft Laud traffic to get there, so I'm out. If it were in Tampa, St Pete or Lakeland, I would have been there.

I was seriously considering it, but 8 hours of driving in a day would have sucked to do solo.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> while we're waiting................

Dermott, how do you get this? </font>

LS KR usage: 203 Unique character names between 12/31/07 and 2/3/08

<font color="purple"> is it something in KR that gives you that information, and is LS the only shard you've done it for? </font>

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> while we're waiting................

Dermott, how do you get this? </font>

LS KR usage: 203 Unique character names between 12/31/07 and 2/3/08

<font color="purple"> is it something in KR that gives you that information, and is LS the only shard you've done it for? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Chat mode??

K

kennykilleduo

Ewww , ugly sounds now , better now , Eww its back static....

G

Looks like they got it... don't fiddle with the buttons anymore!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> I am *very* jealous...... attendees received bunnies!! </font>

F

Fayled Dhreams

Awww...
Live ... or stuffies ?

Either way ...
just hit my Gd's list of "highly collectable items"

Thanks alot heheheh

K

kennykilleduo

Quick notes: Not official
========

Beetle weight issues: will look into this

Magery : will look into this

Marketing : dodged

Old Content/ Events Removal

Live events : Coming Soon

120 scrolls for other skills: will look into this

uo.com feedback plug..multi times

Many internet questions being asked/answered

Vendors being paid with checks : will look into this

Customer service : dodged

Billing system issues: contact us link on UO if having problems

Stratics plug

Gm issues : use feedback

=] , free to play , basic shard : Very hard to do , Boooooooooooo

Dev teams members watch and listen to us.

Mentioned a few time there are not alot of people working on UO currently .

There is Live team for events , plans to expand.

Gargoyles : Dodged question

Scripters : Very hard to watch all activity

Inflation of gold question , fixes coming , gold sinks

Vendor fixes : Making a profit of buying/ selling

Rare resources , Wood colors : uo.com feedback plug

Future plans: Dodged question for most part , TC1 plug

Tamable slots : Increase , will look into it..

Powerscolls , Tramm side with scrolls and players hording ( just a question asked) ?

PVP : Needs to be fixed , more enjoyable ( Dev response)

Magincia Rebuilt : Up in the air : Evil plan...

Castles /Keeps : Custom built : Housing limits and players able to get housing , no plans to allow it.

Boat updates : Feedback plug , top ten on list for 2007 , customized boats a slight possiblity.

Virtues: Need love and is on list

Custom chats channels possible , not on schedule

Comma's in Checks, Will double check on status

UOKR plug

PVP / Pets / Animal forms issues

Pet Questions : Not following you or listening ( Dev Question) , :Feedback

Harrassment : Have to use or say please stop , then page if need be..

Thief Question...Yeee Haaaa.... , Making them more fun ,Dodged , not a easy fix..wtf??

....Break

Time for dinner

Why do a town hall meeting if you can't answer questions , sorry but it seems to me that many questions are getting dodged??

P

pallas

This seems to be the norm with most town halls... they seem to jot down 'to do' notes but you rarely if ever see anything come of it.

I'm going to assume that UO is essentially on a barebones life support. That's pretty much how it reads. Sad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So have we gotten any info on anything yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.

G

Nothing terribly groundbreaking...

BoS changes shut down a couple of scriptors, probably will not be changed further

Wood spawns might be bugged and will be looked at, mining is fine, stackable stone mentioned

Gold sinks mentioned as needed, but no details on what they may be

Customer Service and Marketing questions dodged

"Yes, Malas is a trailer park, it was designed that way"

And with respect to the questioner, the one about Religion in UO was just simply POINTLESS to the game and any discussion... IMO it was the biggest waste of a question they took.

G

This is more like a HOC chat than a town hall.... I mean there's absolutely nothing to even tease us with?

G

So the impression this gives me is that unless there are any secret projects underway (and I see no evidence of any given the staffing comment), the devs are not holding back many secrets from their regular posts on stratics.

It does tend to feed a little into the fears of UO becoming a zombie game, but on the other hand, there does seem to be a greater attentiveness to tweaks and fixes that people have long wanted.

G

Wow, they took the time to answer that religion question when they could have said something about SA? Y'know, the (probably non-existant at this point :/) expansion pack that was supposed to be released almost a year ago?

G

The impression I got was that there's nothing that they can unveil right now, but are focusing on tweaks to the game (good, but is it too late?), bug fixing and so on.

Still, the one question that I wanted answered is mainly KR based, but can be spread to the entire game in that will there be an expanding of the little section in 5 on Friday where they give us some of the bug fixes that are going into QA for the next patch/Publish. Now mainly I was asking in terms of the KR patching, but it needs to be for publish, 2d patching and KR patching.

G

Now I'm always amongst the first to leap up to defend the devs around here, but given the upheavals of the past few quarters, I just don't have a huge reservoir of faith in hinted-at unreleased future projects. Of course, this does make the focus on tweaks and fixes a welcome trickle of good news.

The big mystery to me is the fate of SA. Is it unofficially canceled? Is it waiting for when/if KR usage reaches critical mass? Is it being salvaged for spare parts? Did it die before getting beyond the concept art? Or is it slowly working its way forward as time permits.

G

That was a lot like a dodge ball game, Evasion in answering a lot of the players prime direct on questions. Some were, but more were dodged IMO.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there anything about speed hacking? I realize they wont give out any info about how they are going to deal it, but has anyone at lest asked any questions about the matter?

Currently we are in a Totally Extreme phase where speed hackers can literually run at warp speed. That includes players on foot running at mounted speeds and basically skipping on every other tile.

In the past when Speed Hacking was this extreme the dev team made a few changes to lessen the warp factor for people using these cheats.

Would someone asking the questions please remind the Dev Team that Speed Hacking needs that tweak again?

G

<blockquote><hr>

That was a lot like a dodge ball game, Evasion in answering a lot of the players prime direct on questions. Some were, but more were dodged IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I so agree..."We have plans, they like fire. We hear you. We'll look into it. Send in a bug request. They are evil. They are evil. They are evil..." Nothing at all juicy imho except that the next patch should have a ton of old, long promised fixes that I will believe when I see.

On a side note. Couldn't hear alot of questions as I listened on the net and not in person. WRR needs to repeat all questions. I do wish to thank WRR for covering this though.

G

As a KR player I believe one of the best quotes from what was broadcast was:

(from memory)

"KR doesn't help you if you have no fashion sense"

G

Well, if SA is ever going to be a successful expansion, it needs a more stable environment in which to thrive.

I'm glad the Devs are taking the time to round up some of the older bugs and fix them. Nothing worse than getting a rushed Expansion full of bugs, both old and new. Even harder to track them down and squash when you have new code interacting with old code in a million different situations and combinations.

I would welcome some tidbits of info or maybe a little 'Sneak-Peek' into the future of content. Hey Kilandra...this could fall under Marketing. Veteran players and newly established ones as well need the Marketing Team's attention, too. Would be nice if they could get the 'Stamp of Approval' for the Devs to assemble one or two Teasers concerning future content.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As a KR player I believe one of the best quotes from what was broadcast was:

(from memory)

"KR doesn't help you if you have no fashion sense"

[/ QUOTE ]

That must explain why I detest KR.

It is sad that the Dev team is not able to provide alot of specifics; I guess it shows that after all this time there is still no vision of where the team want to take the game. If anyone happen to attend the next townhall (I am sure I wont since they likely will not travel to Maine for one); please ask what the impact is of having a majority of the player-base being form the asian market?

A

AdamD

Worrying quote for me was when Jeremy replied to someone asking about what plans EA/UO has to bring in new customers...the part that concerns me is the bolded bit.

<blockquote><hr>

Because we just moved, because the team got considerably smaller

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering if the team is going to stay considerably smaller than it was before the move and, how many people they lost during the move.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Worrying quote for me was when Jeremy replied to someone asking about what plans EA/UO has to bring in new customers...the part that concerns me is the bolded bit.

<blockquote><hr>

Because we just moved, because the team got considerably smaller

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering if the team is going to stay considerably smaller than it was before the move and, how many people they lost during the move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that comment didnt sit well..

G

<blockquote><hr>

please ask what the impact is of having a majority of the player-base being form the asian market?

[/ QUOTE ]

Asian market, I'm remembering something like at least 50% of players, but here are some links so you can answer your own question. I mean really what would you expect non-marketing people to say to that? It's not a question they would likely touch in depth

Online gaming and the Chinese market

EA gets WarHammer Online ready for Asian Market

<blockquote><hr>

If anyone happen to attend the next townhall (I am sure I wont since they likely will not travel to Maine for one);

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it is in Maryland and none are scheduled for Maine, I'd say your a good 600 odd miles off.

G

I thought it was funny less because of KR (but it still holds true) but because of all of the "OMG THE 3D PAPERDOLL SUXXORZ!" posts we had prior when 3d was live and people would pic the most ridiculous outfits to post as a 3d paperdoll when it looked just as hideous on the 2d paperdoll.

The same apparently applies in KR. (Although with the female paperdoll, some outfits look MUCH better in KR than in 2d)