• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town Buffs

Nash

Sage
Why not make it so no matter what town a person is loyal to they can choose their buff once every 24 hours? would keep things like the problem i had before when 5 towns ran ssi buff? and a week to change lol wow!!! common guys? there are good buffs that never get used a cpl mana regen hit point regen this is crazy

a wizard

Journeyman
As we've all learned recently, Clothier is the superior town buff! I'm astounded that it took anyone so long to figure it out.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like the easiest solution to this would be for the town governor to select a city buff that can be used by any citizen for free… but any citizen may elect their own buff from the list for a 5,000 gp contribution to the town treasury.

This keeps some relevance for the governor’s choices for the town but also allows citizens to remain loyal to the city instead of the buff.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like the easiest solution to this would be for the town governor to select a city buff that can be used by any citizen for free… but any citizen may elect their own buff from the list for a 5,000 gp contribution to the town treasury.

This keeps some relevance for the governor’s choices for the town but also allows citizens to remain loyal to the city instead of the buff.
Well stated. I had argued in the past that the buff should be electable and require a small tithe (a minor gold sink) and like the part that it should be city loyalty, not buff loyalty. Maybe something like 5k/day, 25k/week, or 80k/month as payment options.

Reactions: dvv

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We should have Buff Points the way we have Chivalry points. Context menu, pick whichever buff you want at the time. Refill when you run out.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It costs the Governor 2million a week to maintain a buff. It would be interesting to see what it would cost per citizen if they could divide 2Million by the number of citizens for that town.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if you want to get technical it doesn't cost the Governor anything, it's pulled from the town stone and most are overflowing with money because of cargo turn ins. It's a rather silly system which had potential but was poorly executed. In order to use a buff you must be a registered town citizen, period. Having 3+ towns all with the same buff available is just plain silly.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the main shard that I mainly play it's predominately the Governors that fund the stones. I would bet it's the same on most shards. Prior to the Blunder Beacons etc it required 40 trade runs a week, assuming you had maxed out at 5 items, to raise enough gold for 1 week of buff. I was lucky in that one of the Moonglow citizens, Leonidas, helped out greatly. He did thousands of trade runs. After the advent of blunder beacons the Governors hit those hard and most of us got the stones maxed out gold-wise so we would never have to do a freaking trade run again for the rest of our elderly lives. So what it costs the Governor was a lot of time and effort if they are not mega rich or they pay lots of gold every week if they were.

I'm not sure about today. There are those that understand the value of contributing their time and effort to their town. And then there are those that always expect something without any effort on their part. I believe that the use of the cargo to help fund the coffers was a great idea on the Dev's part and maybe it's time to make a change again. If you want to be a citizen you have to pay for services from that city. Something like once a week a certain amount of gold, that you've
selected from the menu on the stone when you first became a citizen, is withdrawn from your account and deposited into the coffers.

From what I'm seeing today is that players have no problem throwing gold at someone who will do the work they don't want to do. Throw some of that gold into the cities coffers and help out the Governors that have been working for the citizens.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the main shard that I mainly play it's predominately the Governors that fund the stones. I would bet it's the same on most shards. Prior to the Blunder Beacons etc it required 40 trade runs a week, assuming you had maxed out at 5 items, to raise enough gold for 1 week of buff. I was lucky in that one of the Moonglow citizens, Leonidas, helped out greatly. He did thousands of trade runs. After the advent of blunder beacons the Governors hit those hard and most of us got the stones maxed out gold-wise so we would never have to do a freaking trade run again for the rest of our elderly lives. So what it costs the Governor was a lot of time and effort if they are not mega rich or they pay lots of gold every week if they were.

I'm not sure about today. There are those that understand the value of contributing their time and effort to their town. And then there are those that always expect something without any effort on their part. I believe that the use of the cargo to help fund the coffers was a great idea on the Dev's part and maybe it's time to make a change again. If you want to be a citizen you have to pay for services from that city. Something like once a week a certain amount of gold, that you've
selected from the menu on the stone when you first became a citizen, is withdrawn from your account and deposited into the coffers.

From what I'm seeing today is that players have no problem throwing gold at someone who will do the work they don't want to do. Throw some of that gold into the cities coffers and help out the Governors that have been working for the citizens.
On LA , not to brag I almost single handedly maxxed out 2 towns. I've never been a Governor.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well if you want to get technical it doesn't cost the Governor anything, it's pulled from the town stone and most are overflowing with money because of cargo turn ins. It's a rather silly system which had potential but was poorly executed. In order to use a buff you must be a registered town citizen, period. Having 3+ towns all with the same buff available is just plain silly.

Not anymore it doesn't but when it was first implemented it dang sure did... I don't know how much I sunk into that crap ... not cool. But yeah... It came out of my pocket at least the first year.