• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TOWN BANNERS!

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I would enjoy the opportunity to show off Napa Valley and its residence more to the other Shards by encouraging Town Recognition.
There is a program in place already to allow for Banners to be made. Here are the guide lines that should be followed for applying.
Napa Proud!
Myst

Community Size and Allegiance
If you have a player run town or community of at least four houses you will be able to apply for town recognition and status using the following criteria:

1-4 Hamlet – Hamlet Banner
5-11 Village – Village Banner
12-17 Town – Town Banner
18+ City – City Banner

Town recognition is available to all facets. Image files can be found InsideUO.

Requirements for Recognition

Cohesiveness. Something that shows the owners of each house consider themselves part of the township.

Activity. This may take any of several forms, such as: frequent meetings, events, hunts, or residents who are frequently in the town and available to interact with visitors.

History. Your town must be at least three months old. Ideally, there should be an archive of town records either in game or outside of the game.

Communication. Visitors to your town should have a way to learn about its history and upcoming events. They should also be able to communicate with the inhabitants. This can take place wholly in game, such as with books, barkeeps, a mailbox, and/or a message board, or it can be on a website.

To Petition for Recognition and a Banner
Contact EM Mystique and Mesanna with the information on your Town.
These should include:

1. Town name
2. Town location [use a sextant to give us the co-ordinates]
3. When it was founded
4. Allegiance [Crown or Rebel]
5. Number of houses
6. Suggested coordinates for the banner
7. An image of your designed banner with InsideUO numbers for the components
8. Your choice of proposed banner and colours
9. As well as answers to these questions:
A) Cohesiveness: Which houses are part of the town and what marks a house as part of the town?
B) Activity: How does your establishment or town promote a vibrant community?
C) History: Where can one find more information about the history of your town?
D) Communication: How would visitors to your town normally communicate with its inhabitants?

Last edited:

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am running for counsil member for the crystal villiage as asked by crystal elf , we must be heard as a comumity and as players :)

EM Mystique

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
you have more room that that if you want to use it. maybe put a step up or two with the rare crystal on the lower one and the banner on the upper.

G

Gary

Okay Mystique ,,sounds good,,lets run with that then! Thx ,,,Hope your life and family are all well!

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've got a few friends that are putting up houses around mine over by the Honor Shrine. We pretty much have that whole area of the shore from the greenbelt to the start of the peninsula. Not sure if we would qualify though, we aren't really a community (but we are a guild).

PS: There are a few open slots down here, if you want to join us the location is actually rather nice. Short boat ride to Jhelom, Yew, Minoc and Serpent's Hold.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a link to a working version of Inside UO.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Merus, lemme check on that.
InsideUO is a third party tool and not really something the EM would know anything about.

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Merus, lemme check on that.
InsideUO is a third party tool and not really something the EM would know anything about.
If you download InsideUO, all you have to do is change the paths for the files. Alot of them have changed (hence why it doesnt work).

1. Open InsideUO
2. Hit View -> File Paths
3. Put in the new paths -> Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\anim.mul
4. The first part will remain the same -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\ (or however yours reads on your computer) So just go down the list adding the last part

Hope that helps

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks Vereor!
I'm checking with our team to see what happened to the DL page.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, the link was removed because the program no longer works. Some files were changed by Mythic.
I still have the program on my pc, if I try to open it I'm asked for a path to a file called ARTIDX.MUL
no such file exists in the current classic client folder.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id like to ask for a history banner placed at my castle sorry I don't know everything you need and my emails broken please ty

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
id like to ask for a history banner placed at my castle sorry I don't know everything you need and my emails broken please ty
Better work on getting your email fixed... the Dark Lady is the one who puts up the banners, you'll need to email her.

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it should be a gm thing to do I'm sure seeing its a napa thing she will be to busy to do it