• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Totaly confused

Yihaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Heya!

I just got into the game again after a long break. These skills necro, myst, spellw etc etc are all new to me.
I was thinking of starting out a archery provoker like good old times. recall in, invis/hide, provo mobs, invis/hide again and continue til I got the Control of the mobs and then starting shooting Arrows.
Now im like ??????
I have just tried to go to ice dungeon for good old sakes, I was killed just a few screens inside the dungeon from the entrance from spellcasting mobs, took like 5 secs lol.
Do i need res spells on my bard?
I want to make a good moneymaking char that can solo pvm and both survive and kill stuff. What is a hot templates today, is bard good today?
Tell me your templates and tactics how to use them.

thanks

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The old methods still work, if not the most effective. You could totally do what you want to do; you'll need invis pots.

I'm guessing the reason you died so fast, though, was your armor. Anything more than a few years will be rubbish now. Add up your 5 resists (cold, fire, enrgy, etc) and make sure they're all 70 or close to it. That'll help you survive, then your old tactics should work.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My template is:

120 Mage
120 Med
120 Music
120 Provocation
120 Discordance
120 Resist/Peace/Spellweaving (I change between them depending on what I'm using the character for.)

You'll want to do the mastery quest as they add a lot to any Bard build.

Yihaa

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks alot for replies, totaly missed that you guys answered me, sorry for that :)

What would a good archery/provo temp be novadays?
High damage, high survival etc

Dizzy// you had right about the suit, its way better now with 70 on all resists. Survives much better now.
But heck, I tried shame lvl 3 and fighting air eles. God damn, ar they on crack? Couldnt almost killed them ?

Thanks

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Probably need to upgrade your weapon, too, then. I haven't found a great bow, but a Runed Bow is easy to find on a vendor and aren't expensive. The extra hit lightning helps.

My PVM archer uses Chivalry for the extra damage, but let's see if we can do a bard/archer:

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Music
Provo

Would be the basic. You can either add healing & resist to complete it, or like I do, add Chivalry/Focus.